•   
  •   
  •   

SportsPhone-smashing charges against McGregor dropped following settlement

20:51  13 may  2019
20:51  13 may  2019 Source:   thescore.com

Settlement reached in wrongful conviction lawsuit filed by Kyle Unger

Settlement reached in wrongful conviction lawsuit filed by Kyle Unger A lawsuit filed by a man who was acquitted of a teenage girl's murder after spending 14 years in jail for her slaying has been settled out of court. Kyle Unger filed a statement of claim asking for $14.5 million in damages in 2011 against former Manitoba Crown prosecutor George Dangerfield, who was responsible for three other murder convictions that were eventually overturned. A spokesperson for Manitoba's justice department confirmed Monday afternoon that an out-of-court settlement had been reached. The suit was filed against Dangerfield, the RCMP and a number of other federal and provincial justice officials.

Florida prosecutors have dropped all charges against UFC star Conor McGregor after he was arrested for allegedly smashing a fan's phone . The Irish fighter had been charged with strong-armed robbery and misdemeanour criminal mischief. But on Monday state prosecutors said the alleged

All charges against Conor McGregor in the phone smashing incident in Miami have been dropped .The State Attorney's office opted not to pursue the case any further after the victim, Ahmed Abdirzak, failed to cooperate with investigators.

Phone-smashing charges against McGregor dropped following settlement© Niall Carson - PA Images / PA Images / Getty

Prosecutors have dropped felony robbery and misdemeanor criminal mischief charges against former UFC lightweight and featherweight champion Conor McGregor, TMZ Sports reported Monday.

In March, McGregor was captured on video getting into an altercation in Miami with a fan - Ahmed Abdirzak - who was visiting from the United Kingdom. After Abdirzak attempted to take a picture, McGregor appeared to slap the phone out of his hand and then stomp on it several times.

"The victim of the crime does not wish to return to the United States and prosecute this case," prosecutor Khalil Madani said during a hearing on Monday.

In the toilet: when your 'water-resistant' phone isn't covered for water damage

In the toilet: when your 'water-resistant' phone isn't covered for water damage Cellphone manufacturers are selling more ‘water-resistant’ models. But as some users have found out the hard way, that that promise isn’t exactly water-tight.

Conor McGregor phone smash charges dropped Jump to media player The Irish UFC star was accused of smashing a fan's phone outside a Kavanagh excited by McGregor 's plans for 2018 Jump to media player Conor McGregor 's coach John Kavanagh is excited to see what his star fighter

Prosecutors have dropped charges against star fighter Conor McGregor after he allegedly smashed a fan’s phone outside a Miami hotel. The Miami Herald reports the fan, Ahmed Abdirzak, dropped his civil lawsuit with McGregor after reaching a settlement . The 30-year-old fighter was arrested in

Abdirzak instead agreed to an out-of-court settlement with the fighter.

"I think this was the appropriate resolution of this case," McGregor's defense lawyer, Sam Rabin, said, according to David Ovalle of the Miami Herald.

The 30-year-old McGregor announced in March that he was retiring from mixed martial arts, but many are speculating that it was a ploy designed to acquire shares of the UFC, which he's publicly stated as a goal.

Copyright © 2019 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

Read more

Report: Harvey Weinstein Reaches $44-Million Settlement With Accusers, Creditors.
Harvey Weinstein is settling lawsuits launched by women who have accused him of sexual misconduct, with the Wall Street Journal reporting the disgraced movie mogul and his former studio’s board members have reached a tentative $44-million settlement deal. Citing “two people briefed on the matter” (who “spoke on the condition of anonymity because the agreement was private"), the Journal states that the proposed terms of the deal would see approximately $30 million go to a pool of plaintiffs that includes Weinstein's alleged victims, creditors of his former former studio as well as some former employees, involving more than 15 lawsuits.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 1
This is interesting!