Sports: Report: Nets ink LeVert to 3-year, $52.5M extension - - PressFrom - Canada
  •   
  •   
  •   

SportsReport: Nets ink LeVert to 3-year, $52.5M extension

16:51  26 august  2019
16:51  26 august  2019 Source:   thescore.com

Billionaire Joseph Tsai to buy rest of Nets, valuing team at $2.35B, report says

Billionaire Joseph Tsai to buy rest of Nets, valuing team at $2.35B, report says Tsai already owned 49 percent of the Nets, which he bought for $1 billion last year. He's buying the remaining 51 percent for $2.35 billion.

Brooklyn Nets guard Caris LeVert has agreed to a three - year , $ 52 . 5 million contract extension , ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported Sunday. Brooklyn went 42-40 last season and will be joined by superstars Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant in the upcoming year after a blockbuster free agency deal.

With those three in place, signing LeVert to an extension now was crucial. Irving and Durant will make close to their maximums on their new deals They signed Spencer Dinwiddie to a three - year , million deal last season that paid off in spades as he played a big role in recruiting Irving to the Nets .

Report: Nets ink LeVert to 3-year, $52.5M extension© Elsa / Getty Images Sport / Getty

The Brooklyn Nets and wing Caris LeVert reportedly agreed to a three-year contract extension worth $52.5 million, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

LeVert's extension will kick in for the 2020-21 season.

The deal amounts to a very nice birthday gift for LeVert, who turned 25 years old Sunday.

"This is where I started my career, and this is where I want to continue it," LeVert said in a video posted Sunday evening.

With LeVert committing long term, the Nets now have most of their core under team control through 2022-23. Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, and DeAndre Jordan all joined the team on four-year contracts this summer, with Durant and Irving holding player options for the 2022-23 season.

Nets announce sale of team, Barclays Center to Tsai

Nets announce sale of team, Barclays Center to Tsai Mikhail Prokhorov has entered into a definitive agreement to sell his 51 percent controlling interest in the Brooklyn Nets and full ownership of the Barclays Center to Joseph Tsai, the team announced on Friday. The deal - which is worth an NBA-record $3.5 billion, according to NetsDaily - is still subject to league Board of Governors approval. Longtime Nets CEO Brett Yormark will depart the organization after the sale is completed. Prokhorov, a Russian businessman, originally paid $200 million in 2009 to become the Nets' principal owner and a key investor in the Barclays Center. The Nets moved to the arena from New Jersey in 2012.

Brooklyn Nets guard Caris LeVert has agreed to a three - year , $ 52 . 5 million contract extension , league sources told ESPN. LeVert , who turned 25 on The deal gives LeVert security and a chance to return to free agency or negotiate an extension before his 28th birthday. The Nets now have their core of

Nets guard Caris LeVert has agreed to a three - year , $ 52 . 5 million contract extension , league sources told ESPN. LeVert , who turned 25 on Sunday, was eligible for his rookie extension as a member of the NBA's draft class of 2016. His new deal will begin with the 2020-21 season.

Since being selected 20th overall in 2016, LeVert's role in Brooklyn has steadily increased. Although he was limited to just 40 games last regular season, the Michigan product still averaged a career-high 13.7 points per game.

Through three campaigns, he's averaged 11.1 points, 3.6 rebounds, 3.4 assists, and one steal in just under 25 minutes per contest.

Copyright © 2019 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

Read more

Report: Canadiens, Domi open extension talks.
The Montreal Canadiens and forward Max Domi have begun talks on a contract extension, according to TVA Sports' Renaud Lavoie. Domi, 24, is heading into the final year of his current deal and is scheduled to become a restricted free agent after 2019-20. The 5-foot-10 forward set career bests in his first campaign with the Habs, recording 28 goals and 44 assists for 72 points in 82 games. Fellow Canadiens forwards Nick Cousins and Charles Hudon, along with defenseman Victor Mete, are also set to become restricted free agents next summer. Domi was selected by the Arizona Coyotes with the 12th overall pick at the 2013 draft.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 0
This is interesting!