Sports: Antonio Brown rejected $2m settlement offer with accuser because he wants to clear his name - - PressFrom - Canada
  •   
  •   
  •   

SportsAntonio Brown rejected $2m settlement offer with accuser because he wants to clear his name

11:51  16 september  2019
11:51  16 september  2019 Source:   bostonglobe.com

Date set for Antonio Brown’s reported victim to meet with NFL

Date set for Antonio Brown’s reported victim to meet with NFL The woman accusing New England Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown of sexual assault, Britney Taylor, is set to meet with the NFL some time next week. That report comes to us via ESPN’s Josina Anderson. It also suggests that the NFL is not going to take any action prior to Brown’s scheduled debut with the Patriots on Sunday. I'm told a date has been set for Britney Taylor, Antonio Brown's accuser, to meet with NFL next week. Source desired to keep the date private, at this time.

Report: Antonio Brown Declined to Sign $ 2 M Settlement With Accuser . Antonio Brown refused to sign a million agreement with his accuser to settle the sexual assault claims made against him , ESPN's Jeff Sign up now to receive Sports Illustrated's best content, special offers and much more.

Antonio Brown rejected an offer of a settlement of more than $ 2 million with Britney Taylor, according to a report from ESPN. Brown , who has been accused of rape and sexual assault by Taylor, was reportedly given a deadline of last Sunday night to sign the deal. When Brown refused, that’s

Antonio Brown rejected $2m settlement offer with accuser because he wants to clear his name© Barry Chin/The Boston Globe Antonio Brown, who made his Patriots debut Sunday, was not aware that last Sunday was a hard deadline in negotiations with his accuser.

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. — Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown chose not to sign a settlement agreement of approximately $2 million with his accuser because he wants to fight the claims and clear his name, a league source told the Globe on Sunday night.

Brown also was not aware that last Sunday was a hard deadline, as there have been several other offers and deadlines throughout the months of negotiation.

Brown did not know the civil lawsuit would be coming last week, and he found out about it on Twitter via an article from the New York Times.

Watch: Antonio Brown speaks for first time since assault allegations

Watch: Antonio Brown speaks for first time since assault allegations New England Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown took to Instagram Thursday evening. It’s the first time Brown has talked publicly since the six-time Pro Bowler was accused of sexual assault earlier in the week. Brown didn’t mention the alleged victim by name, but it does seem like he responded to the allegations. Antonio Brown went live on Instagram from the TB12 Sports Therapy Center. Alex Guerrero was there with him. Brown: “No matter what they say. No matter what they hate, somebody’s still gotta go to work.” He also recommends starting a football USA team. pic.twitter.

Antonio Brown had a chance to settle his sexual assault lawsuit before the case was filed in a Florida court this week, but apparently, he decided to turn down the settlement offer that was made by the representatives of his accuser , Britney Taylor. According to ESPN.com, Taylor's camp gave Brown

Antonio Brown reportedly rejected a $ 2 million-plus settlement offer from rape accuser Britney Taylor, the Britney Taylor said that Brown sexually assaulted her at his homes in Pittsburgh and Florida, including one It was not clear yet what discipline Antonio Brown could face from the NFL.

The alleged sexual assaults happened two years ago, and Brown and Britney Taylor, his former trainer, have been in confidential settlement talks since April, a league source confirmed.

The latest round of talks ended with an offer of around $2 million for Taylor to end the claims against Brown, with a deadline of last Sunday night. The lawsuit was filed Tuesday.

Brown’s attorney, Darren Heitner, and his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, have vehemently denied all accusations and said Brown will cooperate with any NFL investigation.

Brown caught four passes for 56 yards in the Patriots’ 43-0 rout of the Dolphins on Sunday, but he did not make himself available to comment following the game, violating NFL protocol by leaving the Patriots’ locker room before it opened to the media.

Patriots publicist Stacey James told reporters after the game Brown would answer questions, but Brown had quickly vanished, the nameplate above his locker removed.

Ben Volin can be reached at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @BenVolin.

Read more

Report: Antonio Brown's Agent Talking to NFL Teams Interested in Free-Agent WR .
Report: Antonio Brown's Agent Talking to NFL Teams Interested in Free-Agent WRBrown's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, told Schefter he's communicated "with a few teams that are interested" in the wide receiver and "want information regarding his legal situation and the NFL investigation.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 8
This is interesting!