New Jersey Devils at Canadiens: Five things you should know
New Jersey Devils at Canadiens: Five things you should knowThe matchup: This is the first of three games between these teams this season and each team is playing the second half of a back-to-back set. The Canadiens were in Washington Friday night, while the Devils were at home to the Penguins. There were high hopes for the Devils this season, but they have been a disappointment and had the worst record in the NHL going into Friday’s action. They ranked 28th in goals-for per game (2.53) and 30th in goals-against (3.65) and their penalty-kill is only slightly better than Montreal’s, which means it isn’t good.
Former No. 1 overall pick Taylor Hall admitted he was caught off guard by Wednesday's trade , in which the Oilers sent him to New Jersey for defenseman Adam Larsson. Devils acquire 'slighted' Hall in trade with Oilers. New Jersey Devils. 3y Joe McDonald. Montreal Canadiens New York Rangers.
Who is LinkedIn for? Anyone looking to navigate their professional life. Find a coworker or classmate.
news and notes
- Trade speculation is heating up regarding , and Montreal is in the mix. [ | ]
- Playing deeper in his net is the reason for Price’s struggles, and he’s playing deeper to have less distance to travel on all the cross-ice passes that are connecting. Both goaltender and defence need to work together to fix those issues. [ ]
- , who had a nice power-play assist in yesterday’s game, thinks yesterday’s performance was a good step toward getting back on track. [ ]
- The Fan Vote is now open. [ ]
- Have a closer look the “construction site” mask was wearing yesterday:
NHL trade rumors: Four possible destinations for New Jersey Devils' Taylor Hall
The 28-year-old is rumored to be on the trading block and is an unrestricted free agent in 2020.As per TSN's Pierre LeBrun, the 28-year-old forward could potentially be on the move, as general manager Ray Shero is exploring his options with the Devils sitting second-to-last in the Eastern Conference with a 9-12-4 record and needing a change.
The Canadiens ' and Oilers' GMs likely put their jobs in jeopardy with their ill-conceived trades of P.K. Subban and Taylor Hall .
GUIDE 1 Employment in globalizing trades . In other words, they do not apply for an advertised job but hope the employer will be interest enough to keep their CV on file and contact them In addition, the companies have to invest in training. 3. Which motivating factors are mentioned in the article?
Around the league and elsewhere
- Looking at the elite lines in the NHL this season. [ ]
- A feature on and his decision to leave the NHL behind. [ ]
- Believe it or not, the aren’t the best team in the NHL, and there are calls to replace those responsible. [ ]
- Ron Francis responded to a claim from the former owner that he knew nothing about the Bill Peters situation. [ ]
The Canadiens have a distinct lack of finish .
The Habs had 30 even-strength scoring chances on Saturday night. They converted on just one.The officiating was beyond brutal; topped off by a ridiculous slashing call that led to the eventual game-winning goal. But the Habs can’t sit around pointing their fingers at the Zebras for this particular result.