•   
  •   
  •   

Sports Tennis governing body suspends Farah pending doping case

19:05  21 january  2020
19:05  21 january  2020 Source:   msn.com

Man who stabbed Kvitova gets sentence increased to 11 years

  Man who stabbed Kvitova gets sentence increased to 11 years PRAGUE, Czech Republic — An appeals court in the Czech Republic on Wednesday upheld a lower court conviction of a man for knifing two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova in her home and increased his sentence from eight to 11 years in prison. The regional court in the city of Brno ruled in March that Radim Zondra caused Kvitova serious bodily harm in December 2016 when he attacked her in her apartment in Prostejov. The state prosecutorThe regional court in the city of Brno ruled in March that Radim Zondra caused Kvitova serious bodily harm in December 2016 when he attacked her in her apartment in Prostejov.

Robert Farah Maksoud standing in front of a crowd © Provided by The Canadian Press

LONDON — Top-ranked doubles player Robert Farah was provisionally suspended by the International Tennis Federation on Tuesday pending a disciplinary hearing into his positive doping test.

The ITF formally imposed the suspension hours after the Australian Open began.

Farah had been due to play in Melbourne with long-time doubles partner Juan Sebastian Cabal until announcing his doping case last week. The pair won the last two Grand Slam titles at Wimbledon and the U.S. Open.

Farah denies wrongdoing and blamed his positive test for the steroid Boldenone on eating contaminated meat in his native Colombia.

The ITF said Farah did not challenge the provisional suspension from playing. No timetable was given to process the case.

The 32-year-old Farah and Cabal were the ATP's doubles team of the year in 2019.

Cabal has been playing with Jaume Munar of Spain at the Australian Open.

___

More AP Tennis: https://www.apnews.com/apf-Tennis and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports

The Associated Press

Vincent Lapointe cleared to return to competition by anti-doping panel .
MONTREAL — An anti-doping panel has cleared top Canadian canoeist Laurence Vincent Lapointe to return to training and competition ahead of her sport's Olympic debut this summer The panel convened by the International Canoe Federation made the decision after it accepted that the 11-time world champion did not knowingly take ligandrol. "We are thrilled that Laurence was cleared of any wrong-doing and can return to training with the team in Florida," Canoe Kayak Canada chief executive officer Casey Wade said in a statement.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 1
This is interesting!