•   
  •   
  •   

Sports Chad Campbell out of Rocket Mortgage Classic after positive COVID-19 test

03:01  01 july  2020
03:01  01 july  2020 Source:   thescore.com

Champ can play under tour's latest coronavirus policy change

  Champ can play under tour's latest coronavirus policy change Cameron Champ was added to the field in the Rocket Mortgage Classic in Detroit under a modified PGA Tour policy that allows players who test positive for the coronavirus to be eligible if they had no symptoms and get two negative test results at least 24 hours apart. The decision Wednesday was the latest change to an evolving “Health and Safety Plan” as the tour enters its fourth week back from the COVID-19 shutdown. Champ is among six players and two caddies on the PGA Tour who have tested positive. Ricky Elliott, the caddie for Brooks Koepka, tested positive before the Travelers Championship last week in Connecticut, and then had a negative test.

COVID - 19 has cost Detroit four players, including Cameron Champ, who tested positive last week, and Graeme McDowell, whose caddie tested positive . PGA Tour officials planned to conduct more than 400 tests of players, caddies and essential tournament staff Monday, ahead of the tournament

Dylan Frittelli withdrew from next week's Rocket Mortgage Classic after becoming the fourth PGA Tour player to test positive for COVID - 19 . The PGA Tour announced the news on Sunday night before its chartered plane for players left after the Travelers Championship for the Rocket Mortgage

a person swinging a golf club © Sam Greenwood / Getty Images Sport / Getty

Chad Campbell has withdrawn from this week's Rocket Mortgage Classic after testing positive for COVID-19, the PGA Tour announced Tuesday.

Campbell last competed at the Charles Schwab Challenge, which concluded June 14.

"While the positive test result is unnerving, I am incredibly grateful to be asymptomatic and feel physically well, and my thoughts are with anyone dealing with (COVID-19), directly or indirectly," Campbell said.

"I support the Tour's protocol during this time and will be quarantining myself to protect others until I am well. I am looking forward to competing once again once it is deemed safe for me to make my return."

Harris English on Monday became the fifth PGA Tour player to test positive for COVID-19. He has also withdrawn from the tournament, which begins Thursday in Detroit.

Copyright © 2020 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

Province reports 6th consecutive day without new COVID-19 case .
Public Health is reporting a sixth day with no new cases of COVID-19 in New Brunswick. The total number of active cases remains at five — all of which are in the Zone 5 health region — for the second consecutive day, according to the New Brunswick government's COVID-19 dashboard. The province said it's no longer issuing daily releases with the latest case information and abandoned regular briefings weeks ago. The dashboard was updated Monday. Two people are in hospital, one of whom is in intensive care. There have been 165 positive tests in New Brunswick, 158 recoveries and two deaths. Tests done so far totl 42,925.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 0
This is interesting!