•   
  •   
  •   

Sports Setien, coaching team suing Barcelona for breach of contract

04:30  18 september  2020
04:30  18 september  2020 Source:   thescore.com

La Liga's worst-run club? Barcelona have serious competition from Valencia

  La Liga's worst-run club? Barcelona have serious competition from Valencia Blaugrana fans are up in arms right now over Lionel Messi's likely departure, but their Los Che counterparts have been dealing with many more problemsA club which belongs in Europe’s elite is being dragged out of it, being turned from vibrant orange to grisly grey by their board, who are providing the Catalan giants with serious competition for the title of the worst-run club in La Liga.

Former Barcelona coach Quique Setien announced on Thursday he is suing the club for failing to fulfill the terms of his contract after being Setien signed a contract with Barca until June 2022 but there was a clause included in the deal that would have allowed the club to end the deal next summer.

Former Barcelona coach Quique Setien announced on Thursday he is suing the club for failing to fulfill the terms of his contract after being Setien signed a contract with Barca until June 2022 but there was a clause included in the deal that would have allowed the club to end the deal next summer.

Quique Setién et al. posing for the camera © Michael Regan - UEFA / UEFA / Getty

Quique Setien and three members of his coaching staff announced Thursday that they are suing Barcelona for breach of contract following their sackings in August.

The unemployed head coach tweeted a joint statement with assistants Eder Sarabia, Jon Pascua, and Fran Soto in which claimed they were yet to receive compensation from Barcelona and had only received written notice that their deals were terminated on Sept. 16.

The NFL's 25 highest-paid players in 2020, from Patrick Mahomes to Demarcus Lawrence

  The NFL's 25 highest-paid players in 2020, from Patrick Mahomes to Demarcus Lawrence The NFL's highest-paid players for the most part are quarterbacks, with a few defensive players sneaking into the top 25. Here are the richest players in the league based on average annual salary.Some argue total guaranteed money at signing is the only number that matters in an NFL contract, and Mahomes does not lead the league in that category. No current NFL contract features more guaranteed money at signing than the $94.5 million the Falcons promised Matt Ryan in 2018.

Quique Setien is suing Barcelona for breach of contract as the former Blaugrana boss insists that the club have not paid him the agreed Catalunya Radio have reported that Setien isn't satisfied with the amount that Barcelona paid him in compensation, and he's willing to go to the end in a legal battle.

Former Barcelona coach Quique Setien and three of his assistants announced on Thursday they are suing the club for failing to fulfil the terms of their contracts after being sacked last Barca declined to comment. Former Barcelona head coach Quique Setien is taking legal action against the club.

Ronald Koeman was officially named Barcelona head coach on Aug. 19, two days after Setien's seven-month reign ended.

"After a month of absolute silence from Barcelona's board of directors, and after diverse demands on our behalf, we did not receive any communication from the club until receiving a letter yesterday via burofax (recorded delivery)," the statement read, as translated by Reuters.

"Said letter revealed the clear intention from the club to not comply with contracts we signed on Jan. 14, 2020."

The statement said legal action was necessary to "preserve our rights and everything we had previously agreed with Barcelona." The complaint maintained Barcelona held the right to end their deals in the summer of 2021 and that terminating the contracts this summer meant compensation was due to Setien and his staff, ESPN's Adriana Garcia reports.

Vidal completes move to Inter from Barcelona

  Vidal completes move to Inter from Barcelona MILAN — Former Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal has joined Inter Milan, where he will be reunited with coach Antonio Conte. Barcelona said on Tuesday that Inter will pay 1 million euros ($1.1 million) “in variables” for the transfer. Vidal had a contract at Barcelona until 2021 but was not part of new coach Ronald Koeman’s plans, and the club agreed to let him go. Vidal played for Inter’s bitter rival Juventus from 2011-15, winning four Serie A titles and the Italian Cup. Inter coach Conte was in charge for the Chilean’s first three seasons at the Bianconeri. Vidal had been at Barcelona since joining from Bayern Munich in 2018.

BARCELONA : Former Barcelona coach Quique Setien and three of his assistants announced on Thursday they are suing the club for failing to fulfil the terms of their contracts after being sacked last month. In a joint statement with assistants Eder Sarabia, Jon Pascua and Fran Soto released on his

Quique Setién is one of the most experienced coaches in Spanish Football. The coach from Santander started his managerial career at his Setién ’s second campaign with the Seville based club saw him take the team to the semi-finals of the Copa del Rey before departing in the summer of 2019.

That statement added that Barcelona had offered Setien's coaches "future relocation" inside the club, Reuters understands.

Setien was sacked three days after Barcelona's cataclysmic 8-2 loss to Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarterfinals. There was little surprise when Setien was ushered out of the Camp Nou, but an impending court case with the tactician and his staff piles more pressure on embattled Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu.

Bartomeu is facing a vote of no confidence after a group seeking his removal garnered enough signatures. The petition against the incumbent Barca board was formally submitted on Thursday and, if approved, could eventually move the presidential election from March 2021 to a date between November 2020 and January 2021.

Copyright © 2020 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

Fati scores again as 10-man Barcelona beats Celta Vigo 3-0 .
MADRID — Teenager Ansu Fati scored again to help give Barcelona a second straight win to start the Spanish league season with a 3-0 victory at Celta Vigo on Thursday. Barcelona won comfortably despite playing more than half the game with 10 men after defender Clément Lenglet was sent off before the break. “I'm proud of how the team played in this match,” Barcelona coach Ronald Koeman said. “We played with a lot of discipline with a man down.” Fati also scored twice to lead Barcelona to an opening win against Villarreal on Sunday.

usr: 0
This is interesting!