•   
  •   
  •   

Sports City finally set to replace Kompany by signing Dias for $78M

21:21  28 september  2020
21:21  28 september  2020 Source:   msn.com

Loan program for Canada’s biggest companies ‘ineffective,’ experts say

  Loan program for Canada’s biggest companies ‘ineffective,’ experts say Unifor national president Jerry Dias said the LEEFF program has been largely 'ineffective,' adding that it was introduced too late into the pandemic. "A lot of the carnage had already been done," Dias said. "Most employers had already laid off (employees) and made major, major cutbacks to their operations." What's more, with LEEFF offering interest loans of five per cent in the first year, and eight per cent the following year, Dias said most large companies "have opportunities to grab capital elsewhere through commercial means. "And so that's what they've done.

a group of football players on a field © Provided by The Canadian Press

Sixteen months later, Manchester City has finally found a replacement for long-time captain Vincent Kompany.

Portugal international Rúben Dias was on the verge of joining City from Benfica on Monday, with the Portuguese team saying the centre back was moving for a fee of 68 million euros ($78 million).

In return, Benfica said, Nicolás Otamendi would be joining the club from City for 15 million euros ($17.2 million).

She hasn't missed a Colts home game since team came to Indy in 1984. Her streak will end Sunday.

  She hasn't missed a Colts home game since team came to Indy in 1984. Her streak will end Sunday. Joanna Jokish has attended all 300 regular season and playoff Colts games in Indianapolis but won't be one of 2,500 there SundayJanuary 21, 2007. The Colts had trailed 21-6 at halftime, Tom Brady sauntering through the RCA Dome with his Hollywood smile. Peyton Manning grimacing with thoughts of the playoff choker jeers. One minute and seven seconds remaining in the fourth quarter. Colts, 38. Patriots, 34. Patriots have the ball.

City hasn't confirmed the transfers.

Kompany ended his 11-year stint at City in May 2019 but was not replaced last season, when City relinquished its English Premier League title in meek fashion to Liverpool.

Despite signing Nathan Ake for 40 million pounds ($46 million) during the off-season as a backup to left-sided centre back Aymeric Laporte, City remained in the hunt for a right-sided centre half to effectively replace Kompany.

John Stones and Eric Garcia played in that position in City’s two league games so far this season, but both players’ futures are uncertain. Garcia has been linked with a return to Barcelona, while Stones was largely frozen out of the team last season.

The 23-year-old Dias, a tall and strong defender comfortable with the ball at his feet, has played 19 times for Portugal. He has established himself as a regular with the national team after being a squad member at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

Legendary Lands Rights To Crosby Selander’s Spec Script ‘Bring Me Back’ In Seven-Figure Sale

  Legendary Lands Rights To Crosby Selander’s Spec Script ‘Bring Me Back’ In Seven-Figure Sale EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive bidding situation, Legendary Entertainment has acquired Crosby Selander’s debut spec script Bring Me Back. The logline is being kept under wraps but is described as an epic love story. The deal closed Friday night with Legendary beating out a number of buyers in the auction with sources saying the deal closed in the seven-figure range.More from DeadlineDenis Villeneuve's 'Dune' Heading Back To Europe For Additional Shooting In AugustLegendary Entertainment Names Sirena Liu CEO Of China-Based Legendary EastLegendary Reopens China Office With Safety Measures In Place Selander is a New York based writer, director, and producer.

Dias has come through the Benfica academy, joining its senior squad in 2015. He was captain for what could prove to be his final game for the team, against Moreirense on Saturday, and embraced his teammates and sporting director Rui Costa after the final whistle in a signal that he was about to leave.

Benfica said the transfers of Dias and Otamendi were yet to be completed, with contracts still to be signed and medical examinations to be taken.

City has spent heavily on centre backs since 2014, bringing in Eliaquim Mangala from FC Porto that year for a reported 42 million pounds, Otamendi from Valencia for 32 million pounds in 2015, and Stones for an initial 47.5 million pounds in 2016.

Laporte joined from Athletic Bilbao for a then-club-record fee of 65 million euros ($80 million) in January 2018.

Now Ake and Dias will have moved for a combined $124 million.

___

More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports

___

Steve Douglas is at https://twitter.com/sdouglas80

Steve Douglas, The Associated Press

Guardiola's huge million-dollar grave .
Pep Guardiola spends a lot of money on defense at Manchester City. The sum is incredible. But the newcomers hardly brought anything. © Provided by sport1.de Guardiola's huge million-dollar grave The 2: 5 clap against Leicester City has relentlessly revealed the great defensive weaknesses of Manchester City. The stars of coach Pep Guardiola owed three penalties at the weekend in the Premier League and invited the opponent to two more goals.

usr: 0
This is interesting!