Sports Perez instead of Russell or Latifi? Williams refuses a clear denial ...
Facebook prohibits denial of the Holocaust
What has always been illegal in Germany, Facebook now also prohibits worldwide in its network: denial of the persecution of Jews in the Third Reich. © Frederic Legrand / Shutterstock In view of increasing anti-Semitism, Facebook is expanding its hate speech policy. As part of the company's internal Hate Speech Policy , previously only the glorification of the Holocaust resulted in a deletion. Now CEO Mark Zuckerberg has decided to include any denial, distortion and trivialization.
Williams has not denied rumors of a replacement from George Russell or Nicholas Latifi for the Formula 1 season in 2021 and thus poured new oil into speculation about a commitment from Sergio Perez. Team boss Simon Roberts emphasizes that nothing has changed in the driver plans for the coming season, but he avoided making a clear commitment.
In the past few days there have been increasing rumors that Sergio Perez could dock with his Mexican sponsors at Williams, where one of the drivers already confirmed for 2021 would have to make room. George Russell would be in danger because Latifi is also endowed with financially strong sponsors.
Is Perez coming? Williams driver Russell is "not worried"
Williams driver George Russell does not respond to the current speculation that Sergio Perez could deprive him of his Formula 1 cockpit thanks to sponsorship money © Motorsport Images According to his own statements, George Russell is not afraid of his Cockpit "I have a contract for next year," says George Russell. And that is the end of the case for him. Actually. Because the British Formula 1 driver does not have absolute certainty.
Russell emphasized on Thursday that, but when asked specifically whether the two current drivers will still drive at Williams in 2021, Roberts wriggles.
"I won't say anything about our drivers. They both do an excellent job. There is a lot of speculation and I don't want to accidentally fuel it," said the team boss. "Someone is going to pull nuances out of what I'm saying. We're happy. Let's watch the rest of the market. I'm not going to talk about it."
A clear commitment that both drivers will stay in 2021 has not been made. When asked whether he could not end the speculation by clearly denying a Perez commitment, he only said: "Probably, but just don't want to say anything. In no direction. We want to focus on the race weekend. We don't have any News."
Both drivers had been confirmed for the coming year before the team was sold to Dorilton Capital. Any driver decision would be made by the management committee and board of directors at Williams, according to Roberts. "It's a normal situation," said the team boss. "We don't have anything to say at the moment. And that's all I can say."
Aces president confident Ottawa rugby team can succeed despite startup delay .
Despite having to delay the Ottawa Aces' debut until 2022, president/chairman Eric Perez is confident his new rugby league team has staying power. He knows the timing of the Aces' announcement is unfortunate coming the same week that Super League voted not to reinstate the financially troubled Toronto Wolfpack, the team he founded. But he believes the Ottawa foundation is solid and that the team can emerge out of COVID. "I think we will show theHe knows the timing of the Aces' announcement is unfortunate coming the same week that Super League voted not to reinstate the financially troubled Toronto Wolfpack, the team he founded. But he believes the Ottawa foundation is solid and that the team can emerge out of COVID.