•   
  •   
  •   

Sports Montreal Impact's Maximiliano Urruti out six to eight weeks after knee surgery

22:15  30 november  2020
22:15  30 november  2020 Source:   msn.com

Coronavirus live updates: Quebec closes 59 more classes due to outbreaks

  Coronavirus live updates: Quebec closes 59 more classes due to outbreaks Check this post throughout the day on Monday, Nov. 16. Questions/comments: ariga@postmedia.com Top updates Quebec closes 59 more classes due to outbreaks Province still mulling Christmas gatherings, school closings, Legault says Quebec reports 1,218 new cases, 25 deaths Montreal police issue 106 fines for COVID-19 violations Photo essay: Montreal’s new normal during the pandemic Sign up for our free nightly coronavirus newsletter 3:30 p.m. HowAre you working from home? The short commute is great, but the change can take a toll on your mental health. Check out these tips for taking care of YOU while working from home! https://t.co/bio9YBz0tn pic.twitter.

Montreal Impact ' s Ignacio Piatti comes off the bench during second half MLS soccer action against the New England Revolution in Montreal , Saturday, May 18, 2019. The designated player will miss two to three months of play after stretching out the outer ligament on his right knee last week .

Urruti can't seem to buy a goal this year, but it didn't matter in this game as the Impact won 1-0, to win the 3rd round series of the Canadian Championship

Montreal Impact forward Maximiliano Urruti has undergone surgery to repair an injured meniscus in his right knee.

a person with a football ball on a field © Provided by The Canadian Press

The club announced the news Monday, saying in a release that the procedure was successful.

Urruti is expected to be out for six to eight weeks.

The 29-year-old Argentine international appeared in 15 games for Montreal this year, tallying five goals and two assists in his second season with the team.

He did not play in the Impact's lone playoff game, a 3-2 loss to the New England Revolution in the play-in round.

Montreal's Major League Soccer season has ended, but the squad will play at least one more game when the Impact face Honduran club Olimpia in CONCACAF Champions League action on Dec. 15.

New England Revolution a familiar, formidable foe for Montreal Impact

  New England Revolution a familiar, formidable foe for Montreal Impact MONTREAL — The Montreal Impact know exactly what they’re up against as they begin their Major League Soccer playoff journey, and coach Thierry Henry says the path forward isn't easy. “It’s going to be a tough one again," he said on a video call Thursday. "That’s the story of our season." The Impact (8-13-2) are in the playoffs for the first time since 2016, but in order to move on from the play-in round, they'll have to beat the New England Revolution (8-7-8) on Friday. Montreal faced New England four times in regular-season action. Just one of those games resulted in an Impact win.

Goal! Montreal Impact 1, Portland Timbers 1. Maximiliano Urruti (Portland Timbers) right footed shot from the center of the box to the bottom left corner of

The Impact were scheduled to fly to New England Tuesday evening for a mid- week encounter with the Revolution. But their commercial flight was cancelled after a five-hour delay at the airport and the players were sent back home. WATCH: Kevin Gilmore named new president of Montreal Impact .

Meanwhile, the Impact announced that forward Romell Quioto has signed a two-year extension with the club, with an option for 2023.

The Honduras international led the club with eight goals and six assists in 19 regular-season games this year.

"We are happy to announce this contract extension for Romell, because it was important that he stayed with us," Montreal Impact sporting director Olivier Renard said in a statement.

"All year long he has proved his value on the pitch through his performances, but also with his winning and leader mentality. That's the fruit of his labour, now it's up to him to continue that work in order to achieve the club's goals in the years to come."

The Impact acquired Quioto, 29, in a trade with Houston late last year.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published Nov. 30, 2020.

The Canadian Press

Impact signs star striker Quioto to two-year contract extension .
On Friday, the Impact announced it had exercised its option on forward Romell Quioto for next season. Monday, the Major League Soccer organization went one step further, announcing a contract extension for the talented Honduran. Quioto and the Impact agreed on a two-year extension, plus an option for the 2023 season. “We’re happy to announce this contract extension for Romell, because it was important that he stayed with us,” Impact sporting director Olivier Renard said in a release. “All year long he has proved his value on the pitch through his performances, but also with his winning and leader mentality. That’s the fruit of his labor.

usr: 0
This is interesting!