•   
  •   
  •   

Sports Canelo's promoters offer final deadline for Golovkin to accept terms

18:59  13 june  2018
18:59  13 june  2018 Source:   thescore.com

Golovkin stripped of belt for failure to fight challenger

  Golovkin stripped of belt for failure to fight challenger International Boxing Federation stripped unified middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin of one of his three major 160-pound title belts Wednesday for his failure to fight Sergiy Derevyanchenko, according to ESPN's Dan Rafael. The news comes one day after Golden Boy CEO Oscar De La Hoya called off a rematch between Golovkin and Canelo Alvarez due to the champion's unrealistic demands.

Golden Boy Promotions has declared a firm deadline for unified middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin to accept the financial terms for their proposed Sept. 15 rematch against Canelo Alvarez. Alvarez' s promoter , Golden Boy president Eric Gomez

Опубликовано: 12 июн. 2018 г. Canelo sets deadline for golovkin to accept Canelo Alvarez makes final offer to Gennady Golovkin and sets response deadline - Продолжительность: 2 Golovkin Promoter : GGG Will Have Final Say on 42.5 For Canelo - Продолжительность: 2:34

a couple of people that are talking to each other© Joe Camporeale / USA TODAY Sports

Golden Boy Promotions appear to be running out of patience while they await Gennady Golovkin's decision to face their client, Canelo Alvarez.

Alvarez and Golovkin fought to a split draw last September in a hotly anticipated contest billed as "Supremacy" which took place at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Since the original bout took place, both Golden Boy and Golovkin's camp have been angling for a rematch. Golden Boy has submitted a final offer to Golovkin, which would see both fighters square off September 15 on an HBO pay-per-view card.

Golden Boy president Eric Gomez spoke candidly about the ultimatum presented.

Qualifying offers have been extended for all Maple Leafs RFAs

  Qualifying offers have been extended for all Maple Leafs RFAs The Leafs have signed some, and now they have maintained negotiation rights for all others. Today is the deadline for teams to issue qualifying offers to RFAs. The qualifying offer must be at least the minimum as calculated by a formula based on last year’s actual cash salary. It must be a one-way deal in some circumstances based on games played. So far the Leafs have signed a handful of their RFAs: And now they have qualified the rest of them to maintain exclusive negotiation rights. Of the remaining players, Martin Marincin and Justin Holl have arbitration rights, and the deadline for players to elect arbitration is July 5. Teams can elect arbitration on July 5-6. William Nylander He’ll be issued a qualifying offer as a formality. In one of his recent press scrums, Kyle Dubas said that negotiations will progress over the summer. He didn’t sound like he was in a hurry or concerned about the amount of this deal and how it will affect other choices they make. Andreas Johnsson He’ll be qualified, again as a formality, and we’ll hear about this contract next when it’s done, I would assume. Miro Aaltonen Aaltonen has said he’s returning to the KHL, but the Leafs issued a qualifying offer to maintain rights to him. The remaining players qualified are: Martin Marincin, Justin Holl and Frederik Gauthier. Marincin’s qualifying offer is for $1.3 million, so if he simply accepts it, he’ll be paid more than can be buried in the minors next season.

If he walks away, good luck to him," stated Golden Boy Promotions President Eric Gomez, who set a Wednesday deadline for undefeated middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin to accept a final offer for a September 15 rematch with multi-division world champion Saul " Canelo " Alvarez.

Canelo offers golovkin final deal on canelo fight!!!! GOLOVKIN EN SERIOS PROBLEMAS - Продолжительность: 5:56 El Carnes 163 361 просмотр.

"This is final," Gomez told ESPN's Dan Rafael on Tuesday. "We've been through everything. We've been through the hoops, the monkey bars, the slides. No more playing games. He has until noon (PT) to accept or walk away. If he walks away, good luck to him.

"We've gone above and beyond to make this fight happen. Canelo really wants to make this fight happen for the fans. Oscar (De La Hoya) really wants to make it for the fans and everyone involved and we're meeting him halfway."

A rematch between Alvarez and Golovkin was originally scheduled for May 5, but the fight was rescinded when the former failed two drug tests conducted in February. Alvarez was temporarily suspended by the Nevada Athletic Commission on March 23 after testing positive for the banned substance clenbuterol, and pulled out of the contest on April 3.

Report: Caps still in dialogue with Smith-Pelly despite not giving qualifying offer

  Report: Caps still in dialogue with Smith-Pelly despite not giving qualifying offer The Washington Capitals and unrestricted free agent Devante Smith-Pelly are still having dialogue regarding a new deal after the club didn't extend the winger a qualifying offer on Monday, Pierre LeBrun of The Athletic reports. The NHL's deadline to qualify restricted free agents struck Monday at 5 p.m. ET, and Smith-Pelly's name is among the top to hit the open market. After having the second year of his contract bought out by the New Jersey Devils, Smith-Pelly joined the Capitals on a one-year, $650,000 deal last July.

GGG has final offer , deadline for Canelo rematch. Golden Boy president Eric Gomez told ESPN on Tuesday that the company has issued Golovkin and promoter Tom Loeffler an improved final offer and that he has until 12 p.m. PT on Wednesday to accept the offer for the HBO PPV main event on

After missing an initial deadline , promoters for Gennady Golovkin and Canelo Alvarez worked a little overtime to finalize their rematch. Two hours after the Golden Boy Promotions-imposed 12 p.m. PT deadline for Golovkin to accept an improved offer under convinced GGG to accept the terms .

One of the major points of contention in setting up the rematch is the division of the purses. Gomez is advocating for a 57.5-42.5 percentage split of the earnings in Alvarez's favor, while Golovkin is leaning toward an even 50-50 split.

"Our original deal in May for the rematch was 35 percent to Golovkin. Then they wanted 50-50, which was ridiculous to begin with," Gomez said. "But in consideration, we're willing to meet them halfway. I got off the phone (on Tuesday afternoon) with Tom Loeffler and told him you have 24 hours to accept or we are fighting Danny Jacobs."

Golovkin's promoter Tom Loeffler offered his take on the potential purse:

"Gennady was very clear when he made the concession to come off 50-50. He really feels in his heart it should be an even split," Loeffler said "He made the concession at 55-45. Gennady is the one who will make the final decision, so I will give him an update on it and see what he wants to do. My opinion is it's the biggest fight in boxing and both sides should figure out a way to make it work."

Copyright © 2018 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

Carlos Lopez Jr. dies: ‘Operation Repo’ actor was 35 .
Carlos Lopez Jr. dies: ‘Operation Repo’ actor was 35Carlos Lopez Jr, a star of truTV’s Operation Repo, was found dead of an apparent suicide Sunday at his Los Angeles apartment, L.A. police and coroner’s officials confirm. He was 35.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!