•   
  •   
  •   

Sports Coach: McGregor gearing up for UFC return, hoping to fight Khabib

18:56  05 july  2018
18:56  05 july  2018 Source:   thescore.com

Rival’s manager says Conor McGregor is running out of money

  Rival’s manager says Conor McGregor is running out of money Rival’s manager says Conor McGregor is running out of money and that’s why he wants to get back into the octagon.McGregor has not fought in the UFC since Nov. 2016, though he did face Floyd Mayweather Jr in a boxing match last year. TMZ Sports says McGregor is getting closer to fighting Khabib, and the rival’s manager says it’s because Conor needs money.“Conor’s running out of money,” Ali Abdelaziz told TMZ Sports. “This is why he agreed to fight Khabib.”The two sides reportedly are discussing a potential fight at UFC 229 or UFC 232, both of which are later this year.

a man standing in front of a crowd© Provided by Joshua Dahl / USA TODAY Sports

John Kavanagh, the coach for Conor McGregor, said the former light heavyweight champion has taken his workouts to another level recently in preparation for a UFC return.

"I really have seen the spark back lately," Kavanagh told Brett Oklamoto of ESPN. "I think that was directed at other areas of his life for a while, building up his business world - which is completely justified. ... I do see the spark back. I do see him very hungry, coming down to regular jiu-jitsu class and throwing a gi on. Strength and conditioning. There's a real fire back."

McGregor hasn't appeared inside the Octagon since November 2016 when he defeated Eddie Alvarez via TKO. Since then, he's built up his business profile, lost a boxing match to Floyd Mayweather Jr., and was arrested after attacking a bus full of fighters prior to UFC 223.

Max Holloway out of UFC 226 title bout with concussion woes

  Max Holloway out of UFC 226 title bout with concussion woes Max Holloway out of UFC 226 title bout with concussion woesLAS VEGAS - UFC featherweight champion Max Holloway's representatives say he is dropping out of his title defence against Brian Ortega at UFC 226 this weekend due to apparent concussion symptoms.

Related: McGregor team negotiating plea deal, next hearing set for July 26

Kavanagh said McGregor and his agent are working to set up a fight with current light heavyweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov. The UFC was reportedly close to announcing a blockbuster bout between the two stars in April, but McGregor's bus incident derailed those plans.

McGregor, 29, was stripped of the light heavyweight title at UFC 223 due to his prolonged inactivity.

"It's a cliche to say, but it's a classic striker versus grappler," Kavanagh said of a potential matchup between McGregor and Nurmagomedov. "Khabib needs to get into that clinch, join his hands and start chaining his takedowns together. Obviously, we need to try and prevent that.

"I think a lot of people are so afraid of Khabib's grappling, they don't engage with him. Conor is a good grappler. I know that will get a lot of people upset when I say that, but watch his fights. There's plenty of evidence to support that claim. I'm feeling and he's feeling confident, wherever the fight goes. But (the left hand) will be the difference in the fight."

Copyright © 2018 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.

Cory Monteith’s Mom Opens Up About The Actor’s Death: ‘He Wasn’t Ready For The Hollywood World’ .
In the five years since her son Cory Monteith’s death, his mother Ann McGregor is still coming to terms with the tragic loss. “I still can’t pick up the pieces. My world totally stopped. And I’m a different person than I was before,” she tells People in a new interview. Monteith died in a Vancouver hotel room on July 13, 2013, at age 31 with the official cause of death cited as "mixed drug toxicity." Traces of heroin, codeine, morphine, and alcohol were found in his system.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!