Weekend Reads I Drank Green Tea For 1 Week Instead of Coffee and This Is What Floored Me
Woman Throws Divorce Party and Everyone Dons Their Wedding Dresses
Woman Throws Divorce Party and Everyone Dons Their Wedding Dresses A Canadian woman decided she wasn’t going to let her divorce bring her down, so she threw a party. Nicole Niesner, 36, of Saskatchewan, Canada, was married for 13 years.When she received a letter in the mail letting her know her divorce would be finalized on Dec. 16, she began thinking about how she’d spend the day.“I did a little of ‘pinteresting’ and ‘Googling’ and I said 'I should have a divorce party,'” Niesner told InsideEdition.com. “My friend just said ‘you know what, I am going to take care of it, just be home at 6:30.
I know there are no quick fixes when it comes to weight loss. Drinkingor won't make a huge, permanent difference to the scale. So when I decided to drink green tea for a week instead of coffee, it wasn't because of the .
I decided to swap my cup of joe for green tea just to make sure I wasn't. A small cup of coffee offers about 65 milligrams, and a . Would I be OK with less caffeine? I know so many people who HAVE to have two or more cups of coffee in the morning, or they'll be cranky, exhausted, feel dizzy, or have headaches. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't dependent on my cup.
Elizabeth May asks for donations to pay for cost of bullying investigation
OTTAWA—Elizabeth May is asking Green party members to help cover the “new and unexpected” cost of a workplace bullying investigation into her own alleged behaviour — an investigation that she called for herself in the face of accusations from former staffers last week. In an email to party members Monday, the longtime Green leader said the bullying accusations have cast “a shadow on our work,” and that she believed the party wouldn’t be credible again without an independent probe.“That means new and unexpected costs for the party,” May wrote, noting she has asked the party to set aside “tens of thousands of dollars” even as it prepares for the 2019 federal election.
For a little background, I'm one of those weird people who didn't startuntil I was 40 years old. Although I know have about a year of coffee-drinking under my belt, I still wouldn't call myself a coffee drinker. There have been mornings when I completely forget to drink it, and when I'm immersed in writing, sometimes it takes me hours to finish a cup.
So skipping out on coffee didn't seem like it'd be a big deal at all. I wasn't missing out on the ritual of sipping on something warm because I still had a mug of hot tea to wrap my hands around. And I wasn't missing out on the taste because instead of my usual black coffee, I chose a green chai tea, so it had a similar robust flavor.
The entire week of passing on coffee, I still felt energized, alert, and peppy. But what shocked me was that for the first three days, I experienced athat lasted all morning long. The rest of the week, my head felt fine. I was surprised (and disturbed!) that missing out on such a small amount of caffeine caused withdrawal symptoms. It kind of freaked me out!
Iranian-Canadian academic's death in Iran prison is a 'profound tragedy,' says U of L prof
Iranian-Canadian academic Kavous Seyed-Emami has died in prison in Iran. He was a visiting scholar at the University of Lethbridge in 2017.Trevor Harrison is a professor of sociology at the University of Lethbridge. He sponsored Seyed-Emami when he came to the southern Alberta post-secondary institution on sabbatical from about August to mid-December of last year.
Another benefit I noticed had to do with my belly. Since, and drink my cup of , sometimes it can irritate my belly - but my stomach felt great all week on green tea.
While this little experiment won't make me give up coffee forever, experiencing how my body felt off coffee has inspired me to cut down a little bit. So this week, along with my package of coffee beans, I picked up some new andto sip on a few mornings a week.
Slideshow: These are the 15 superfoods your kitchen needs in 2018 (Provided by PopSugar)
- acai, chia, cacao, and spirulina in our local grocery stores. Wellness cafes are abundant, and menus have become increasingly aware of the next great smoothie, herbal tea, and clean alternative. Each year comes with its own health-food trends, and 2018 is no different. As we slowly but surely transition from Fall feasting into an approaching new year with fresh, healthy resolutions, there are new superfoods that we should all be keeping on our radar. From greens and gut-healthy go-tos to sweet options and cooking oils for every chef, foodie, or healthy eater, these are some superfoods that deserve to be household names." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-1-of-14-p-in-todays-age-of-feeling-good-and-eating-better-it-has-become-a-common-occurrence-to_217648_.img?content=1" title="In today's age of feeling good and eating better, it has become a common occurrence to find superfoo... - Unsplash user Joanna Kosinska" />
- moringa oleifera, this very nutritious plant is going to take over for supergreen must haves like kale, green tea, and matcha. It's antiaging and anti-inflammatory, and it's packed with all nine essential amino acids, powerful antioxidants, and an unbelievable amount of iron, calcium, protein, and vitamin C." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-2-of-14-p-classically-known-as-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-fitness-benefits-moringa-38503956_640840_.jpg?content=1" title="Classically known as moringa oleifera, this very nutritious plant is going to take over for supergre... - Flickr user Forest and Kim Starr" />
- coconut oil goodbye! While it's no bowl of guacamole, this oil alternative has the ability to improve heart health and skin quality, and it neutralizes free radicals. With high levels of antioxidants, healthy fats, and a burn point that keeps from destroying nutrients, it's ideal for cooking and tastes really good." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-3-of-14-p-kiss-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-fitness-coconut-oil-healthy-43676177-coconut-oil-_946803_.img?content=1" title="Kiss coconut oil goodbye! While it's no bowl of guacamole, this oil alternative has the ability to i... - Unsplash / Nur Afni Setiyaningrum" />
- Rose water, herbal teas, and garnishes made from edible flowers have been around for years, but the elderflower has an unrivaled antiviral effect. It is great for fighting off swollen sinuses, a sore throat, the common cold, and flu. Even the berry of the shrub can be cooked into jams or jellies." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-4-of-14-p-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-fitness-what-does-rose-water-taste-like-40566463-rose-_285904_.img?content=1" title="Rose water, herbal teas, and garnishes made from edible flowers have been around for years, but the ... - Flickr user Bill Tyne" />
- Pink pineapples are as rich in color as they are in health benefits. This upcoming year, shades of red and purple are going to be filling our plates. The modified sweet fruit contains the same antioxidant, lycopene, that gives tomatoes their red color - which may play a role in preventing cancer." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-5-of-14-p-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-food-what-pink-pineapple-43551645-pink-pineapples-a-ar_746901_.jpg?content=1" title="Pink pineapples are as rich in color as they are in health benefits. This upcoming year, shades of r... - Flickr user Jennifer Balaco" />
- India, this ancient herb has been used in Ayurvedic healing for ages. Ashwagandha's intense healing effects can be used to regulate the immune system, prevent stress, and combat anxiety, insomnia, liver problems, and more. The leaf is most easily found as a powder or in a capsule form." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-6-of-14-p-native-to-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-smart-living-what-like-travel-india-43960157_813125_.jpg?content=1" title="Native to India, this ancient herb has been used in Ayurvedic healing for ages. Ashwagandha's intens... - Stocksnap user Hari Prasad Nadig" />
- baobab dries on the branch and produces a powder that can help to restore skin complexion, heal damage, improve elasticity, and fight aging. It's naturally rich in vitamin A, C, D, E, and F, plus fatty acids, minerals, and B complexes. " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-7-of-14-p-containing-more-antioxidants-than-any-other-fruit-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-smar_365785_.jpg?content=1" title="Containing more antioxidants than any other fruit, baobab dries on the branch and produces a powder ... - Organic Burst" />
- baking flour alternative for those who suffer from bloating, IBS, or gluten intolerance. Traditionally used in Bali and South Asia, this soft powder is Paleo, vegan-friendly, and nut-free! Other benefits include vitamin C, copper, and folate.
" role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-8-of-14-p-this-vegetable-is-a-great-source-of-carbohydrates-and-is-likely-going-to-become-a-go_919047_.img?content=1" title="This vegetable is a great source of carbohydrates and is likely going to become a go-to baking flour... - Unsplash user Alison Marras" />
- vitamin C! This small and sour superfruit contains more of it than any other plant in the world! It's native to the Amazon rainforest and a very rich source of powerful phytochemicals that enhance the immune system and mood and improve the aging process." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-9-of-14-p-hello-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-fitness-immunity-boosting-shot-42688138-vitamin-_752240_.jpg?content=1" title="Hello, vitamin C! This small and sour superfruit contains more of it than any other plant in the wor... - Terra Soul" />
- this vegetable has been around for some time, but peas are only just beginning to be recognized for their true potential. These green veggies can be eaten dry, crispy, steamed, or raw. Free of allergens and proteins that tend to cause reactions, they're a great nutrient-packed snack, side, or supplement." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-10-of-14-p-its-true-that-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-food-how-enjoy-english-peas-3031692-thi_524750_.jpg?content=1" title="It's true that this vegetable has been around for some time, but peas are only just beginning to be ... - Flickr user Mike Licht" />
- acai and goji berries have had their starlight, it's time for maqui berries to have theirs. Full of fiber, anti-inflammatory properties, minerals, and a colorful spectrum of vitamins, these berries can aid digestion, boost metabolism, and help to regulate blood sugar." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-11-of-14-p-now-that-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-food-how-make-acai-bowl-41429982-acai-a-and-_971042_.jpg?content=1" title="Now that acai and goji berries have had their starlight, it's time for maqui berries to have theirs.... - Flickr user sembrandogirasoles" />
- cannabis, hemp is used in an entirely different way. It is extremely high in just about every nutrient and can be used to balance hormones and improve digestion, metabolism, and joint pain. A single seed contains lots of GLA, vitamins, 21 amino acids, and an optimal 3:1 ratio of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids. " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-12-of-14-p-derived-from-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-news-women-leaders-cannabis-industry-434_808321_.jpg?content=1" title="Derived from cannabis, hemp is used in an entirely different way. It is extremely high in just about... - A Beautiful Mess" />
- chia seeds and flaxseed to step aside. Watermelon seeds are a great source of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, protein, vitamin B, and magnesium. They're delicious sprinkled over a breakfast bowl for a nutritious charge, on their own, or roasted as a snack." role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-13-of-14-p-its-time-for-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-fitness-how-eat-chia-seeds-35976785-chia_808713_.jpg?content=1" title="It's time for chia seeds and flaxseed to step aside. Watermelon seeds are a great source of monounsa... - Unsplash user Joanna Kosinska" />
- mushrooms (especially chaga) in everything from cold brew coffees to nutritional powders. With impressive levels of antioxidants, they can actually increase the production of certain cells and support the immune system. Plus, they are anti-inflammatory, detoxifying, and high in fiber, which will help soothe the digestive system! " role="presentation" src="/upload/images/real/2018/02/09/slide-14-of-14-p-were-going-to-start-finding-a-href-https-www-popsugar-com-fitness-healthy-mushroom-_487636_.jpg?content=1" title="We're going to start finding mushrooms (especially chaga) in everything from cold brew coffees to nu... - Stocksnap / Joanna Kosinska" />
VIDEO: Draymond Green Caught Laughing at Fergie's Weird National Anthem .
It's not too soon to say Fergie's National Anthem rendition at the NBA All-Star Game was an all-time awful one. It involved breaks at odd times, weird voice inflections and a lot of laughter from the crowd. When the crowd begins to laugh right after you hit your big note you know you did something wrong.
Ditch the Coffee for a Healthy Tea Elixir
Find what works for you and just make better choices. Experiment and explore. Superfoods mentioned in this video are available on multiple sites Maca----- http://amzn.to/2f72k9E Chia Seeds-----...
Masquerade | Critical Role RPG Episode 99
Tary returns to deal with the distinction of his family, and echoes of the past follow Vox Machina to Whitestone. Watch Critical Role Live Thursdays at 7pm PT at https://www.twitch.tv/geekandsundr...
Wednesday, 17 october 2018
Trump criticizes rush to condemn Saudi Arabia over […]
Wednesday, 17 october 2018
The heartbreaking obituary of a young mother has gone viral for its devastating description of the effects of drug addiction. Madelyn Linsenmeir, 30, died Oct. 7 after a lifelong battle with the […]
Wednesday, 17 october 2018
The Republican senator said he feels "used and abused" for having defended the […]
Tuesday, 16 october 2018
She and Prince William commented on the happy […]
Tuesday, 16 october 2018
Congratulations are in order for Pippa Middleton and her husband, James Matthews. The two welcomed their first child, a baby boy, on […]
Tuesday, 16 october 2018
U.S. pot producers warn of Canadian […]
Tuesday, 16 october 2018
One threatening tweet read, “Gonna be in Manila the same time as TrumpI’ll take one for the team lads.” The post also featured a mug shot of Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated President John F. Kennedy. Before Trump arrived in the Philippines, ISIS also released a series of videos with […]
Tuesday, 16 october 2018
Warren accuses Trump of 'creepy' comments about her DNA […]