•   
  •   
  •   

Weekend Reads Terrifying start to Windsor family's March break when large duct falls into pool at Kalahari resort

02:52  13 march  2018
02:52  13 march  2018 Source:   cbc.ca

Calgary man dies while skiing at Whitefish Mountain Resort in Montana

  Calgary man dies while skiing at Whitefish Mountain Resort in Montana A Calgary man died Friday while skiing at Whitefish Mountain Resort in Montana. A Calgary man died Friday while skiing at Whitefi Charles "Chuck" Douglas James Herr, 56, was skiing with friends when they became separated and he was reported missing. His body was found in a tree well by members of Whitefish Mountain Resort Ski Patrol about 3:15 p.m. near the top of the mountain. "Any death at our resort is a tragedy and felt deeply by the entire Whitefish Mountain Resort community," resort officials said in a statement to CBC News.

A large portion of duct fell into the pool area at a Kalahari water resort in Sandusky, Ohio on Monday. Both families are planning to spend the night at Kalahari , but aren't sure if the incident will change their holiday plans. Police said the water park will remain closed until local and state officials

Terrifying start to Windsor family ' s March break when large duct falls into pool at Kalahari resort . Windsor 's Adventure Bay water park to learn from 'scary' accident at Kalahari . The Kalahri duct collapse has changed how this LaSalle family will vacation.

a group of people in a room: A large portion of duct fell into the pool area at a Kalahari water resort in Sandusky, Ohio on Monday. Several Windsor families were at the resort when it happened.© Brooke Seff/Twitter A large portion of duct fell into the pool area at a Kalahari water resort in Sandusky, Ohio on Monday. Several Windsor families were at the resort when it happened.

Tasha Hummel said her family spent about three uninterrupted hours together Monday at the start of their family vacation before a terrifying incident interrupted their March break plans.

They had just arrived at the popular Kalahari water resort in Sandusky, Ohio, when a large portion of tubing fell from the ceiling right into the wave pool area where people were swimming.

It happened as Hummell and her husband were using the washroom, right before walking over to watch their two kids, aged 12 and 15, play basketball.

Sisters win $100,000 on instant lottery ticket

  Sisters win $100,000 on instant lottery ticket Two sisters are celebrating a $100,000 lottery win. Aline Khoury of Leamington and Diane Khoury of Windsor cashed in their winning Instant Boom Multiplier ticket in Toronto. © OLG, Windsor Star Sisters Aline Khoury of Leamington and Diane Khoury of Windsor won $100,000 with Instant Boom Multiplier. “We like to play instant tickets together,” Diane said, while at the OLG Prize Centre. She added that Aline had missed a bus and decided to purchase a few tickets to play while she waited for the next bus.“She called me screaming that we had won,” Diane, 23, said. “I thought it was a joke.

CBC WindsorПодлинная учетная запись. @CBCWindsor. Connecting the world to Windsor and Essex County, Ont.

duct falls into pool at Kalahari resortThey had just arrived at the popular Kalahari water resort in Sandusky, Ohio, when a large portion of tubing fell A family of three including a toddler in tow does a monthly Costco trip in search of grocery deals with a strict shopping list in hand. With their son in

"In that 5 minutes that we had gone to the bathroom and were going to walk over to where they were, this thing collapsed," said Hummell. "All I was thinking was 'Were my kids in this pool?' As a mom it was just pure fear, I was scared."

Hummell and her husband split up immediately, desperately searching for their kids in a very chaotic scene.

"I just saw other parents running around and crying and little kids crying that were in the wave pool when it fell and scared," she said.

One lifeguard looked to have been hit in the head by the tube, and other people were visibly injured said Hummell.

"I know it had hit one of the lifeguards directly in the head and I had seen another lifeguard walking around being escorted — being held up pretty much — by other people, his head was cut open. I had heard that some people got rushed to the hospital."

Windsor police are using an unmarked van to bust distracted drivers

  Windsor police are using an unmarked van to bust distracted drivers That unmarked van cruising next to you on Windsor roads could be carrying Windsor police officers on the hunt for distracted drivers.Project Dial Tone is aimed at catching people with a cellphone in one hand and the steering wheel in the other.

Five people were injured after a large air duct fell from the ceiling at Kalahari Resort water park in Ohio. Earlier this afternoon [ March 12], there was an isolated incident in the indoor waterpark where a this pipe fell into the pool at Kalahari and the workers tried to stop me from taking a video lmao

At least two people were injured when an air duct fell from the ceiling at Kalahari Resort in Kalahari has shut down its pools as investigators and the park work to figure out what happened. Earlier this afternoon [ March 12], there was an isolated incident in the indoor waterpark where a piece

Staff were trying to evacuate the pool area where Hummell and her husband set a 'family meeting place' for her and her kids.

"At that point they said they had sent everyone out to the arcade area and as a mom I kind of lost it. I said 'You sent kids out to an arcade area unguarded no shoes no nothing?' at which point they said you should have had a meeting area."

After 45 minutes, she found her kids with no injuries to report. But Hummell said there needs to be a better plan.

"There was clearly no direction and clearly no preparation for an emergency situation like this," she said.

She said she feels for the resort staff who were trying to do everything they could to assist guests.

After the ordeal was over, Hummell and her family were headed off the site for a dinner with another Windsor family they had met while searching for their kids.

Both families are planning to spend the night at Kalahari, but aren't sure if the incident will change their holiday plans.

'It was terrifying,' Halifax woman says after Cuban vacation goes wrong .
'It was terrifying,' Halifax woman says after Cuban vacation goes wrongCherrett and a friend went to Cuba last week and virtually everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. It all started when they had major issues with the housekeeping at their resort, Hotel Playa Cayo Coco.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
This is interesting!