NFL standings: Updated AFC, NFC playoff picture after Week 11
As the NFL's playoff picture begins to come into focus, here are the updated AFC and NFC standings going into and through the Week 11 games.It's time again to check in on where every team stands to know where they all might finish later, from top playoff seeds to postseason also-rans who have top draft picks in mind.
Schedule and Standings for the NFL Playoffs . NFL Playoff Picture . In The Hunt. Tiebreaking Procedures. NFC . What we learned. Lessons from every Thanksgiving matchup.
The Seahawks and 49 ers remain in a tight race for the NFC West. Both teams have difficult NFC Playoff Standings: Heading Into Week 13 . Teams with an asterik have already clinched a playoff Check out the current NFL playoff standings in the AFC and NFC . We break down the updated NFL
Here's how the NFL playoff picture looks with Week 13's action complete:
y-1. New Orleans Saints (10-2): NFC South champions. They move into pole position for home-field advantageNew Orleans' Week 3 win at Seattle projects as a key tiebreaker.
2. Seattle Seahawks (10-2): NFC West leader. Seized control of the division with their win over the Vikings, but the schedule won't provide much room to breathe. The Seahawks will have to fend off the Rams in prime time Sunday, and the season finale at home against the 49ers looms large.
NFL playoff picture: Updated AFC, NFC standings for Week 13
As the NFL's playoff picture begins to come into focus, here are the updated AFC and NFC standings through Sunday of Week 13.Here is an updated look at what each conference field would look like now, what teams are still in contention and what teams should already be thinking about the offseason.
Week 13 NFL playoff picture : Seahawks climb to No . 2 in NFC , bump 49 ers to wild card . Cousins did what he could to stage a comeback in the second half after losing running back Dalvin Cook to injury midway through the third quarter, but the QB simply cannot rescue a porous run and
NFL Playoff Picture : Who’s In, Who’s Out After NFL Week 13 . The Patriots slip to the No . 2 Dec 2, 2019. The 10-2 New Orleans Saints are currently the No . 2 seed in the NFC behind the 49 ers . Looking at it with just one game left in Week 13 (we’ll update after Vikings- Seahawks on Monday
3. Green Bay Packers (9-3): NFC North leader. Aaron Rodgers' big day keeps them viable for bye, especially with a manageable December slate.
4. Dallas Cowboys (6-6): NFC East leader. As bad as they've looked recently, 'Boys continue to be buoyed by imploding Eagles, whose loss at Miami entrenches Dallas in first place at least into Week 15.
5. San Francisco (10-2): Wild card No. 1. After 8-0 start, Niners now in jeopardy of having to spend January on the road. Sunday's showdown at New Orleans has massive ramifications for entire conference.
6. Minnesota Vikings (8-4): Wild card No. 2. Catching Packers for the NFC North crown will be quite difficult after Vikes stumbled Monday. Perhaps more importantly, Minnesota's lead over the Rams for the final wild-card spot is down to one game.
The NFL's current playoff seeding system is unfair and needs to be scrapped
The NFL's current playoff seeding system is unfair and needs to be scrappedBut things are not quite so fair at the bottom of the conference’s current seeding system. If the regular season ended today, the 49ers, who also have a 10-2 record with losses to the Ravens and Seahawks, would travel to Dallas during the wild-card round to face the Cowboys, who currently lead the NFC East with a record of… 6-6.
Week 13 NFL playoff picture : Seahawks climb to No . 2 in NFC , bump 49 ers to wild card . 27mKevin Seifert. The rematch is Week 17 at CenturyLink Field . Buckle up, Seattle. The final four weeks of the regular season could get as wild as it got Monday night.
2019-20 NFL playoff picture seeds and scenarios. Playoff Picture Scenarios: Week 13 . The NFL playoffs are not based on a pure bracket system. In the divisional playoffs , the No. 1 seed is assured of playing the lowest- seeded Wild Card survivor.
1. Baltimore Ravens (10-2): AFC North leader.. They in what might prove a Super Bowl LIV preview, QB Lamar Jackson continuing to rewrite record book in the process. Then they watched New England lose, springboarding Baltimore into the catbird seat for home-field advantage.
2. New England Patriots (10-2): AFC East leader. The concern is officially real. Getting manhandled by Houston not only costs them No. 1 seed, it also means they suddenly have to worry about fending off the closing Bills if they're to win division for 11th consecutive year.
3. Houston Texans (8-4): AFC South leader. Second-ever win against Patriots might legitimize them as bona fide playoff threat. But division hardly a guarantee yet with both matchups against Titans (7-5) still down the road.
4. Kansas City Chiefs (8-4): AFC West leader. They effectively locked up division by completing sweep of Raiders. But a victory at New England next Sunday could rekindle hopes of a playoff bye.
NFL playoff picture: Updated AFC, NFC standings for Week 14
As the NFL's playoff picture begins to come into focus, here are the updated AFC and NFC standings through Sunday of Week 14.Here is an updated look at what each conference field would look like now, what teams are still in contention and what teams should already be thinking about the offseason:
The 49 ers are 10-1 no more. Kyle Shanahan's team went East for a crucial Week 13 battle with the Even if the Seahawks do lose, the 49 ers still will need to beat the Saints in Week 14 in order to stop The 49 ers remain atop the NFC , but that could change Monday night. If the 49 ers slide down to the
Here's how the NFL playoff picture looks with Week 13 's Sunday action complete Second -ever win against Patriots might legitimize them as bona fide playoff threat. 6. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-5): Wild card No . 2 . They settled their score with the Browns (5-7) on a day when Indianapolis and Oakland
5. Buffalo Bills (9-3): Wild card No. 1.allows them to continue padding wild-card lead ahead of Week 14 date with Ravens ... and maybe begin entertaining visions of an AFC East crown.
6. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-5): Wild card No. 2. They(5-7) on a day when Indianapolis and Oakland both fell to .500. But the surging Titans have reached 7-5 themselves and are just waiting for the Steelers to step on a banana peel.
x — clinched berth
y — clinched division
z — clinched first-round bye
zz — clinched home-field advantage
Follow USA TODAY Sports' Nate Davis on Twitter
If you love talking football, we have the perfect spot for you. Join our Facebook Group, The Ruling Off the Field, to engage in friendly debate and conversation with fellow football fans and our NFL insiders.
This article originally appeared on USA TODAY:
Related Slideshow: Best of the 2019 NFL season (provided by imagn)
The Saints are a win away from making the NFC playoff picture completely wild .
Let's get nuts!