Sport 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics daily schedule: When to watch Katie Ledecky, Caeleb Dressel and track and field
Chasing Gold: History-making Day 6 capped by Suni Lee's gymnatics all-around gold
There were several history-making moments Thursday in Tokyo, from Katie Ledecky's relay leg to Suni Lee's all-around gymnastics win.Let's start with swimming. All three teams that medaled in the women's 4x200 freestyle relay – China (gold), United States (silver) and Australia (bronze) – broke the world record previously set by the Aussies at the 2019 World Championships. Katie Ledecky anchored the race for the Americans, entering the water a full two seconds behind Chinese swimmer Li Bingjie and trailing Australia's Leah Neale.
This was not supposed to be an Olympic year, but it is due to COVID-19. Team USA is a strong favorite to finish atop the medal table.
Katie Ledecky and Simone Biles have been household names since the Games in Rio and London, respectively. USA Basketball is always favored in both the men's and women's tournaments. Ronnie Baker and Trayvon Bromell will be in the mix to be called the world's fastest man in the 100-meters, with Usain Bolt firmly retired.
The 17-day sporting event that captivates and unites the world for a little more than a fortnight can be seen on NBC and streamed on fuboTV () and you can stick with CBS Sports to follow along to see which nation tops the medal table, who brings home the gold and which athletes from the U.S. and around the world etch their names in Olympic history among the pantheon of legends that have preceded them.
Caeleb Dressel's tearful moment with his family after his 100-meter win was so great
This is the Morning Win. For the next couple of weeks, we’ll be writing each weekday morning about the Tokyo Olympics. Subscribe to get irreverent and incisive sports stories, delivered to your mailbox every morning. These Tokyo Olympics have bee n hard – on the athletes and also on their families. We’re all finding out that’s what happens when you hold the Games during a global pandemic. While the athletes are holed in the Olympic bubble in Tokyo, their loved ones are mostly back home where all they can do is gather together and turn on their TVs and watch the events that mean so much to them.
How to watch the Tokyo Olympics
- Location: Tokyo
- TV channel: NBC Sports
Olympics key events daily schedule
(All dates U.S. and times eastern below)
Day 8 - July 30
- Women's basketball group play - USA vs. Japan - 12:40 a.m.
- Women's soccer quarterfinals - USA vs. Netherlands - 9 a.m.
- Baseball opening round - USA vs. Israel - 6:30 a.m.
- Men's golf third round - 6:30 p.m.
- Swimming finals - Men's 100m butterfly, Women's 200m backstroke, Women's 800m freestyle, Mixed 100m medley - 9:30 p.m.
Day 9 - July 31
- Men's soccer quarterfinals - 4 a.m.
- Women's rugby sevens medal matches - 4:30 a.m.
- Baseball opening round - USA vs. South Korea - 6 a.m.
- Track and field finals, Men's discus, 4x400m mixed relay, Women's 100m - 7:15 a.m.
- Men's basketball - USA vs. Czech Republic - 8 a.m.
- Men's golf final round - 6:30 p.m.
- Swimming finals - Men's 50m freestyle, Women's 50m freestyle, Men's 1500m freestyle, Women's 4 x 100m medley relay, Men's 4 x 100m medley relay - 9:30 p.m.
- Men's boxing semifinals - welterweight, light heavyweight - 11 p.m.
Day 10 - August 1
- Gymnastics finals - Men's floor exercise, Women's vault, Men's pommel horse, Women's uneven bars - 4:30 a.m.
- Men's Greco-Roman wrestling semifinals - 5:15 a.m.
- Track and field finals - Men's high jump, Women's triple jump, Men's 100m - 6:10 a.m.
- Track and field finals - Men's long jump, Women's 100m hurdles, Women's discus, Men's 3000m steeplechase, Women's 5000m - 9:20 p.m.
- Men's water polo preliminary round - USA vs. Greece 10:30 p.m.
Day 11 - August 2
- Women's basketball preliminaries - USA vs. France 12:40 a.m.
- Gymnastics finals - Men's rings, Women's floor exercise, Men's vault - 4:15 a.m.
- Men's Greco-Roman wrestling semifinals and finals - 5:15 a.m.
- Men's basketball quarterfinals - 9 p.m.
- Track and field finals - Women's long jump, Men's 400m hurdles, Men's pole vault, Women's hammer throw Women's 200m - 9:50 p.m.
Day 12 - August 3
- Men's diving 3m springboard final - 2 a.m.
- Gymnastics finals - Men's parallel bars, Women's balance beam, Men's horizontal bar - 4 a.m.
- Cycling finals - Women's team pursuit and Men's team sprint medal rounds - 4:15 a.m.
- Women's basketball quarterfinals - 9 p.m.
- Track and field finals - Women's 400m hurdles, Men's hammer throw, Men's 800m, Men's 20m - 10:30 p.m.
Day 13 - August 4
- Boxing semifinals - Women's flyweight, Women's welterweight, Men's Super heavyweight - 1 a.m.
- Baseball semifinal # 1 - 6 a.m.
- Equestrian jumping individual final - 6 a.m.
- Men's weightlifting (+109kg) final - 6:50 a.m.
- Track and field finals - Men's triple jump, Men's shot put, Women's pole vault, Men's 400m - 10 p.m.
Day 14 - August 5
- Men's basketball semifinal #1 - 12:15 a.m.
- Women's diving - 10 platform final - 2 a.m.
- Baseball semifinal #2 - 6 a.m.
- Men's basketball semifinal #2 - 7 a.m.
- Women's beach volleyball medal matches - 9 p.m., 10:30 p.m.
- Women's soccer gold medal match - 10 p.m.
Day 15 - August 6
- Women's basketball semifinal #1 - 12:40 a.m.
- Women's field hockey gold medal match - 6 a.m.
- Women's basketball semifinal #2 - 7 a.m.
- Track and field finals - Women's Javelin, Men's 5000m, Women's 400m, Women's 4 x 100m relay, Men's 4 x 100 relay - 7:50 a.m.
- Women's marathon - 6 p.m.
- Women's golf final round - 6:30 p.m.
- Men's basketball gold medal game - 10:30 p.m.
Day 16 - August 7
- Boxing finals - Men's flyweight, Women's flyweight, Men's middleweight, Women's welterweight - 1 a.m.
- Men's diving 10m platform final - 2 a.m.
- Men's baseball gold medal game - 6 a.m.
- Track and field finals - Women's high jump, Men's Javelin, Men's 1,500m, Women's 4 x 400m, Men's 4 x 400m - 6:35 a.m.
- Men's soccer gold medal match - 7:30 a.m.
- Men's marathon - 6 p.m.
- Women's basketball gold medal match - 10:30 p.m.
Day 17 - August 8
- Women's volleyball gold medal match - 12:30 a.m.
- Boxing finals - Women's lightweight, Men's lightweight, Women's middleweight, Men's super heavyweight - 1:30 a.m.
- Men's water polo gold medal match - 3:30 a.m
- 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics closing ceremony - 7 a.m.
Video: Katie Ledecky reveals her future Olympic plans and her swimming secret weapon (Yahoo! Sports)
How to watch Tokyo Olympics on Peacock: Streaming schedule, live events, times, dates .
The Tokyo Olympics are underway and NBC Sports has you covered with all you need to know about how to watch the Olympic Games on Peacock. Keep reading to find out how to get Peacock, the schedule of events including dates and times for Men’s and Women’s Gymnastics, Track and Field, Team USA Men’s Basketball and more. © Provided by NBC Sports Follow the Olympics live: For a full streaming and TV schedule and to see how to watch every Olympic event live right now, check out the NBC Olympics live schedule page here.