US Give thanks – and pass the pumpkin pie ????
49ers vs. Rams live score, updates, highlights from NFL 'Monday Night Football' game
Sporting News is tracking live scoring updates and highlights from 49ers vs. Rams on "Monday Night Football." Follow for complete results from the NFL Week 10 prime-time game.LA will be counting on quarterback Matthew Stafford, who is coming off a two-interception game in a Week 9 loss to the Titans. No. 1 wide receiver Cooper Kupp and new wideout Odell Beckham Jr. will be his main targets. Beckham will be making his Rams debut after signing with the team Thursday. No. 2 receiver Robert Woods is out for the season after he suffered a torn ACL in practice Friday. Kupp leads the NFL with 1,019 receiving yards and 10 receiving touchdowns.
Hey! Happy Thanksgiving. Here's a special roundup of stories to get your holiday weekend started right. ????
here, wishing you all health and happiness on Thanksgiving – and every day. And food, lots of good food. I'm thankful for every Short List reader.
The Short List newsletter is a snappy USA TODAY news roundup.!
Before they're served piles of turkey and pie, kids often hear the story of the first Thanksgiving – how Pilgrims and Native Americans came together to feast and count their blessings. But most aren't told native people likely outnumbered English colonists 2-to-1 at the harvest feast in 1621. Nor do they usually learn just how much Pilgrims relied on the native Wampanoag tribe during those tough early days. Learn more about the real roots of Thanksgiving: Rethinking what happened 400 years ago.
Patriots vs. Falcons final score, results: Falcons throw four interceptions in shutout loss to Patriots
Sporting News tracked updates and highlights from Patriots vs. Falcons on "Thursday Night Football." Follow for complete results from the NFL Week 11 game. MORE: Watch Patriots vs. Falcons live with fuboTV (7-day free trial) Patriots vs. Falcons score Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 F Patriots 3 10 0 12 25 Falcons 0 0 0 0 0 Patriots vs. Falcons live updates, highlights from Thursday Night Football All times Eastern. Final: Patriots 25, Falcons 0 11:10 p.m.: INTERCEPTION PATRIOTS. Phillips picks off a pass from Franks to seal the Falcons' fate against the Patriots. 11:07 p.m.: PICK-SIX, PATRIOTS.
- Native food is more than a Thanksgiving spread. What Indigenous chefs want you to know .
- What do Native Americans really think about Thanksgiving? Here's what .
I don't know about you, but I've been thinking about Thanksgiving for a couple weeks now, and I'm ready to eat. Whether you're chowing down around a table with family, celebrating Friendsgiving, or doing your own thing, here's a healthy serving of tips and tricks to make it the best day ever.
- Cranberry sauce is in high demand for Thanksgiving. But ?
- What's your favorite Thanksgiving dish? Here's what people are .
- Cranberries, stuffing – or is it dressing – and turkey, oh my! Why do some Thanksgiving foods ?
- When deep-frying a turkey goes wrong: Experts explain how to .
- Another option: Takeout on Thanksgiving. Cracker Barrel, Denny's and more . Tip: Bring your own pan if you don't want anybody to know where that mac n' cheese came from.
- Eat too much? It's OK. Here's why 'overindulging' at your Thanksgiving dinner .
- The best holiday for leftovers: Here's a fool-proof .
- If you need to hit a store, Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Home Depot are closed on Thanksgiving but CVS and Walgreens are open. .
- And if you end up with a nightmare in the kitchen, don't fret. What restaurants are open Thanksgiving? Starbucks, McDonald's are, but Chipotle and Chick-fil-A are closed. .
The ties that bind us
Thanksgiving is traditionally a time to gather together and celebrate those most important to us, and all the things we're thankful for. But we're all human. Read on for conversation starters and ways to navigate the day if things get awkward.
Falcons don't have an update on wideout Calvin Ridley
The wideout announced in late October that he’d be stepping away from football to deal with his mental health. The organization later placed him on the reserve/non-football injury list, meaning he’d miss at least three additional games. The 26-year-old is now eligible to come off the list, but it doesn’t sound like he’s ready to return to football. The 2018 first-round pick emerged as one of the NFL’s top wideouts in 2020, finishing with 90 receptions for 1,374 yards and nine touchdowns. This was going to be a pivotal year for the former first-round pick.
- Grandma accidentally invited a stranger to Thanksgiving. Now, they're " ."
- Is it PEA-can or puh-CON? This Thanksgiving, remember .
- Home for the holidays? Here's what to do .
- It happens. Here's how to navigate those uncomfortable questions .
- Make it better. Here are some Thanksgiving dinner questions ?"
- Breaching the "psychological contract"? Experts say working on holidays . So, take a break. You deserve it.
- "We learn to appreciate things when we lose them." How to give thanks .
The party after the party
Whether you're crashing on the couch in a food coma, looking for something to watch or hitting up the stores for some sweet Black Friday deals, we've got you covered.
- What is the history of Black Friday? It's .
- What to watch this Thanksgiving weekend:
- Best Black Friday Deals: Live tracking the .
- Here's your weather forecast for Thanksgiving, Black Friday .
Give your friends an extra helping of news this Thanksgiving: Ask them to!
This is a compilation of stories from across the USA TODAY Network.
This article originally appeared on USA TODAY:
Manchin pumps breaks on Dem bid to pass $1.75T Biden bill before Xmas .
Manchin told reporters on Monday that he's still reviewing a version of the Build Back Better bill passed by the House two weeks earlier, despite Schumer wanting to pass it before holiday break.On Monday Manchin refused to commit to Democrat leaders' timeline to push Biden's Build Back Better bill ahead before the end of the year.