Food & Drink Mug brownie: how to make a mug brownie in a microwave
"All in the kitchen": the recipe for the caramelized pecan brownie by Cyril Lignac
© Istock "All in the kitchen": the recipe for the caramelized pecan brownie by Cyril Lignac You haven't had time to note the recipe for Cyril Lignac's caramelized pecan brownie? Don't panic, here are all the steps and the list of essential ingredients to make this recipe. Thursday April 16, Cyril Lignac invited viewers of his show "Tous en cuisine" to make an incredible brownie with caramelized pecan nuts live. A 100% US dessert to delight the whole family.
Mug brownies are all the rage, and you know it. If you haven't seen someone making a mug brownie somewhere on the internet, we're not quite sure where you've been. But, it's okay, there's always time to learn!
This simple and deliciously gooey mug brownie requires minimal ingredients and can be prepared in the microwave, in under five minutes. It's the perfect desert for a night in, plus, when you're done, serve it with cream, ice cream, fresh fruit, salted caramel sauce or whatever else you haver to hand and you're in heaven.
Follow the steps below, then find more recipe ideas and inspiration over on ourhub page.
In Case You’re *That* Bored: Here’s How to Clean Your Microwave
In Case You’re *That* Bored: Here’s How to Clean Your MicrowaveSooo it’s safe to say I’ve arrived at the “I’m willing to actually clean and organize stuff just to kill time” level of boredom.
How to make a mug brownie
- Plain flour, five tablespoons
- Sugar, three tablespoons
- Cocoa powder, two tablespoons
- Melted butter, two tablespoons
- Milk, two tablespoons
1. Place all of your ingredients in your mug and combine thoroughly. Yep, that means getting right to the bottom to ensure everything is combined properly.
2. Place your mug in the microwave and cook for approximately a minute and a half.
3. Remove from the microwave and leave to stand for a couple of minutes.
4. Top with cream, ice cream, fresh fruit, salted caramel, or whatever you have to hand.
Peanut butter and chocolate mug cake
The perfect after dinner – or afternoon – snack, these peanut butter and chocolate chip mug cake requires only a handful of ingredients and will be ready in under five minutes. We're likening it to a super gooey cookie and we're confident it's going to be a hit.
Why a microwave-beam experiment will launch aboard the Air Force’s secretive X-37B space plane
There's a microwave power experiment heading to space Saturday (May 16) aboard the Air Force's secretive X-37B spaceplane. Researchers hope it could lead to a new global power source.The Photovoltaic Radiofrequency Antenna Module Flight Experiment (PRAM-FX) represents the first orbital test of such a sci-fi technology since the 19th century — solar satellite power. Build a big solar array in orbit, the idea goes, and it could collect enough sunlight (unfiltered by atmospheric effects or clouds,) to generate a powerful beam of microwaves. A collection station on Earth would then convert that beam into useful power.
- Plain flour, 4 tablespoons
- Sugar, 1 tablespoon
- Baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon
- Milk, 60 millilitres
- Peanut butter, 3 tablespoons
- Chocolate chips or chunks, 3 tablespoons
1. Add all of your ingredients, apart from the chocolate chips or chunks, to your mug. Use a fork to thoroughly combined, ensuring there are no lumps.
2. Add your chocolate chips, or chopped up chunks of chocolate to the mix, thoroughly combining.
3. Place in the microwave for a minute. Allow to cool for a few seconds before tucking in.
Optional: serve with a scoop of ice cream.
Top tips to make a mug brownie from Waitrose
Waitrose employ the help of chef Rich Harris to take on mug brownies. Here's his suggested method:
1. He begins by adding a small amount of butter to a mug and placing it in the microwave for ten second to melt it.
2. Once that's done he adds two tablespoons of caster sugar, some cocoa powder and some light brown sugar to the mug. Rich Harris then mixes them together to achieve a smooth mixture.
How to make scrambled eggs: an easy, tasty and nutritious meal
Everyone should know how to make scrambled eggs. It's the perfect healthy brunch, lunch or dinner option, even when your fridge seems empty!And the best thing about scrambled eggs is how versatile they are. Enjoy them on their own, or with a side of smoked salmon and avocado for a great source of healthy fats. We love them with a serving of roasted tomatoes, too. We talk you through the steps below.
3. For a little flavour, Rich Harris then adds some vanilla extract to his mug, along with an egg yolk and mixes with a fork.
4. Finally Rich Harris adds a small amount of self raising flour to his mug, along with a pinch of salt and some chocolate chips.
5. Place in the oven for a couple of minutes, or until you've achieved a mug brownie that looks gooey an delicious. Add a few more chocolate chips to the top and cook for a couple more minutes.
6. Leave to cool before adding toppings and enjoying – Waitrose advise whipped cream, cocoa powder, chopped nuts, marshmallows, dried fruit, or whatever else you may have to hand. We personally love the idea of vanilla ice cream.
Looking for more tasty pudding ideas?
- : how to make brownies in 30 minutes
- : with banana!
Moussaka: a simple moussaka recipe for delicious results .
Greek moussaka is easy to make and mighty tasty – follow this simple recipe for delicious dinner successWith hardly any prep or cooking time involved, you could actually be pretending you're somewhere on a Greek island enjoying their authentic cuisine, in under an hour. Does a staycation get much better than that? We don't think so.