Food & Drink We Can't Look Away From This Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie
The best Apple Watch apps we've used in 2020
Our list of the very best Apple Watch apps for fitness, sleep, travel and more.Far from it, as our selection here demonstrates.
This apple masterpiece may take more time than you're average pie. But it's worth it. Here, we used ourrecipe, but if you want to skip this step, feel free to start with the store-bought dough.
Yields: 10 servings
Prep Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 2 hours 30 mins
IngredientsFor the dough
- 375 g
plain flour, plus more for garnish
- 225 g
unsalted butter, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 2 tbsp.
- 1/2 tsp.
- 1 tbsp.
apple cider vinegar
- 120 mL
ice water (or more, if needed)
(above), or 1 (400g) ready-made pie dough
The Apple Watch turns 5: what we got right and what we got wrong
Our five-year-old Apple Watch review gets a second look, as we play ombudsman to our thoughts on the first great iPhone-compatible smartwatch.Time passes quickly, and that clichéd saying even applies to our state-of-the-art Apple Watch 5, which is accurate up to 50 milliseconds of the global time standard, according to Apple.
- 4 tbsp.
- 200 g
- 2 tsp.
assorted apples (Granny smith, Honeycrisp, Gala) cored, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 135 g
Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp.
plain flour, plus more for rolling
- 1 tsp.
- 1/2 tsp.
- 1/4 tsp.
- 40 g
- 1 tbsp.
- Place flour and butter into freezer for 30 minutes before starting crust process.
- In a food processor, pulse flour, sugar, and salt until combined. Add butter and pulse until pea-sized and some slightly larger pieces form. With the machine running, add vinegar, then ice water into feed tube, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough starts to come together and is moist but not sticky (test by squeezing some with your fingers). Mixture will be crumbly!
- On a lightly floured surface, form dough into 2 balls, and flatten into a discs. Cover with cling film and refrigerate until dough is cold but pliable, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar and cinnamon. On a lightly floured surface, roll one disc into a very large rectangle, about 17”-x-10”. Spread 2 tablespoons softened butter on dough then sprinkle about half the cinnamon sugar on top.
- Starting with one long side, roll dough into a log and pinch ends to seal. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate 30 minutes. Repeat process with remaining dough.
- Slice each log into 1.5cm-thick rounds. On a lightly floured large piece of parchment paper, arrange rounds in a tight circle, making sure they’re all touching. Lightly dust with flour and cover with parchment paper, then roll into a 12” (30cm) circle. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Repeat process with second log.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (170ºC fan) and grease a pie dish with cooking spray. Place a large rimmed baking tray in oven. In a large bowl, toss together apples, sugar, lemon juice, flour, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt.
- Invert one crust into the bottom of the pie dish. Add apple mixture, then cover top with remaining cinnamon roll crust. Crimp edges to seal bottom and top. Bake until cinnamon rolls are golden and apple mixture is bubbling, about 50 minutes.
- While the pie is baking, make icing: In a small bowl, whisk together icing sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over baked pie.
Brilliant minced beef recipes for speedy weeknight dinners .
One pack of beef mince can be transformed into a rich bolognese sauce, a fast and filling Thai stir-fry, hearty meatloaf or brilliant burgers. Here is a selection of our best recipes which celebrate the versatile ingredient.