Food & Drink Roasted Beets & Carrots with Goat Cheese Dressing
Here's How We Should Tackle Eating When WFH, According To Experts
Why can't I stay out of the fridge?..For those of us that have suddenly found ourselves working from home permanently, we’ve had to very quickly come to terms with the idea of being stuck between four walls for the ‘foreseeable future.’ And for many of us, being hurled into working from home so suddenly, is proving pretty tricky.
Many bottled salad dressings are loaded with fat, as well as preservatives that keep them shelf-stable. Plus, they often just don't taste very good. F&W's Grace Parisi makes a simple, creamy dressing by whisking fresh goat cheese with vinegar and oil; she tosses it with a salad of warm roasted beets and beet greens, which brings us to another good rule: Eat vegetables from root to leaf when possible.
Dangerous bacteria: Big recall: You must under no circumstances eat these types of cheese
© iStock / fotek Different types of cheese In the Vogel cheese dairy in Steinerberg, Schwyz district, internal controls have shown that bacteria of the genus Listeria have been found. As is reported on the consumer protection portal "produktwarnung.eu", the production site and products are contaminated. A recommendation by the Swiss Federal Food Safety and Veterinary Office strongly advises against eating the cheese.
Process Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
Calories per Serving: 200
- 675 g
golden beets with tops
- 675 g
red beets with tops
- 3 tbsp.
extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground pepper
- 225 g
fresh baby carrots
- 1 tbsp.
- 30 g
soft goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC (200ºC fan). Peel the beets and cut them into 2.5cm wedges. Discard the tough stems from the beet tops and coarsely chop the leaves.
- In a bowl, toss the golden beets with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and 2 garlic clove halves and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange in one-third of a large ovenproof skillet. Repeat with the red beets and then the carrots, using 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 2 garlic halves for each vegetable.
- Set the pan over high heat and cook without stirring until sizzling. Cover the pan and roast in the oven for about 35 minutes, until tender. Transfer the vegetables to a platter.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and half of the shallot. Season with salt and pepper and whisk in the goat cheese.
- In the pan, heat the remaining oil. Add the remaining shallot and cook over moderately high heat until softened, about 1 minute. Add the chopped beet greens and cook until just wilted, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add half of the goat cheese dressing to the beet greens and toss. Add the roasted vegetables and toss once or twice. Transfer the salad to a platter and drizzle with the remaining dressing. Serve right away.
Turkey Enchiladas Are The New Comfort Classic .
Spice up those leftovers.