Food & Drink Strawberry cheesecake: how to make this seasonal dessert
Hone your baking skills during lockdown with this strawberry and elderflower cake recipe
Hone your baking skills during lockdown with this strawberry and elderflower cake recipeGallery: 13 Gluten-Free Cakes That'll Make You Want To Throw A Party (Delish)
For us, strawberry cheesecake really is the taste of summer. It is a great use of this seasonal fruit when they are at their very best, paired with their perfect partner – lots of cream. This recipe is sooooo easy and as it is no bake, you won't have to break a sweat putting the oven on if making on a hot day.
If you, this dessert is a real crowdpleaser showing off your cooking and gardening prowess in one. And although we won't be hosting said crowds anytime soon, you can serve this up for family for a treat or share with a couple of friends at a socially distanced picnic. It needs chilling to set, so it is a convenient make ahead dessert, too.
"Tous en cuisine": the recipe for the rolled strawberry biscuit and light whipped cream by Cyril Lignac
© Screenshot - Tous en cuisine / M6 "Tous en cuisine": the recipe for the strawberry rolled cookie and light whipped cream Cyril Lignac Haven't had time to write down the recipe for Cyril Lignac's strawberry and light whipped cream cookie? Don't panic, here are all the steps and the list of essential ingredients to make this recipe. Wednesday May 13, Cyril Lignac invited the viewers of his show "Tous en cuisine" to make a wonderful cookie rolled in strawberries and light whipped cream.
Read on to see how to make this yummy pudding, then check out more recipes in our.
- Thanks to for sharing this recipe showcasing British produce
How to make strawberry cheesecake
- 150g butter
- 300g digestive biscuits
- 650g soft cheese
- 175g icing sugar
- 300ml double cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 450g strawberries
- 50g caster sugar
- 1tsp cornflour
1. Grease and line an 8-inch springform tin.
2. Crush the biscuits by putting in a sealed bag (or clean kitchen towel) and beating with a rolling pin.
3. Melt the butter and mix with the crushed biscuits in a bowl. Press this mix firmly into the base of the cake tin and put in the fridge to set.
4. Meanwhile, halve the vanilla pod and scrape the seeds into a bowl. Add the cream and whisk until soft peaks form.
strawberry legs? This is how you get rid of the dark pimples on your skin (according to dermatologists)
© Getty Images strawberry legs Getty Images Small, dark dots sometimes even pimples on the legs that simply do not want to disappear - in the USA, with “Strawberry Legs ”has long since found a name for this annoying beauty problem. And we also include the term - in English strawberry legs - in our beauty glossary. The Munich specialist in dermatology Dr. explains how the stubborn spots on the legs develop and how you can prevent them. Miriam Rehbein in an ELLE interview.
5. Hull and dice 200g of the strawberries.
6. Whisk the cream cheese until fluffy, then add the icing sugar and mix until cream. Fold the diced strawberries and whipped vanilla cream into this mixture.
7. Spoon the filling onto the base, smooth to level and put in the fridge for 4 hours (or overnight) to set.
8. To make the topping, hull and quarter 100g of the strawberries and cook in a small pan over a low heat with the caster sugar and a splash of water. This will take about 10 minutes for the strawberries to soften and to dissolve the sugar.
9. Mash the strawberries, then sieve them back into the pan with the cornflour. Heat over a low heat to make a sauce.
10. While the sauce cools, remove the cheesecake from the fridge to serve. Take it from the tin and put on a plate. Top with the sauce and finish with the remaining strawberries cut in half as decoration.
More seasonal recipes:
Gallery: Mac ‘n’ cheese and more microwave marvels ready in minutes (Lovefood)
Golden Curried Rice Packs A Bit Of Heat And A Whole Lotta Flavour .
Rice is nice—especially when spiced.Chocolate Covered Strawberries Are The Perfect Gift