Food & Drink Turkey Enchiladas Are The New Comfort Classic
The 10 items every woman needs in her wardrobe
Our editors reveal their must-haves!When it comes to shopping for our new season wardrobe, we want to buy pieces that will last us for years to come and can be styled all year around.
Gallery: Vegan Meals That Are Far From Bland Or Boring (Delish UK)
Balsamic Glazed Roasted Cauliflower
Vegan Pulled Jackfruit Burger
Vegan Lentil Lasagne
Sweet Potato And Chickpea Curry
Vegan Thai Green Curry
Tofu Stir Fry
Vegan Beetroot Burger With "Cheese" Sauce
Vegan English Breakfast
Vegan Mac & Cheese
Vegan Sausage Roll
Vegan Shepherd's Pie
Vegan Chipotle Lentil Tacos
This recipe uses up all of that leftover, delicious-tasting, moistyou prepared for the big day and makes that are full of bold flavour and spice (yum!). It's a welcome change that won't feel like leftovers at all.
Your essential Christmas get-ahead time plan 2020
Follow our flexible guide and you’re guaranteed to bring the most important meal of the year to the table on time, without the stress ... This guide is based on a 5.4kg turkey and a double oven, to serve canapés at 1.30pm, starter at 2pm and the main course at 3pm.
Yields: 6 servings
Prep Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- 8 tbsp.
large yellow onion, thinly sliced
cloves garlic, crushed
jalalpeños, seeded, thinly sliced
(340g) jars enchilada cooking sauce
small yellow corn tortillas
- 300 g
cooked shredded turkey meat
(400g) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 250 g
shredded Monterey Jack
- 180 g
sour cream, plus more for serving
- 10 g
coriander leaves and tender stems
- 180 g
- Preheat oven to 190°C (170ºC fan). In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeño and cook until onion is soft, 5 minutes. Add enchilada sauce and cook until slightly thickened, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 6 tablespoons oil in a medium pan over medium high until hot. Using tongs, dip each tortilla into hot oil, making sure to get it covered in oil, just until they are pliable—they don’t need to take on any colour. (This will make rolling them easier!) Transfer to a paper towel lined plate until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl, combine turkey, pinto beans, and 200g Monterey Jack. Add 240g enchilada sauce mixture and sour cream and toss to combine, then season with salt.
- Place 300g enchilada sauce to a 22-cm x 33-cm (9"-x-13") baking dish and spread evenly across the bottom. Add a small scoop of the turkey mixture in the centre of a tortilla, then roll up and place seam side down in the dish of enchilada sauce. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Spread remaining enchilada sauce on top and sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack.
- Bake until cheese is bubbling and melty, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander, cotija, and serve with sour cream.
Update your furniture with extreme texture, the biggest trend in upholstery… .
The Kirkby Design ‘Volume’ collection leads the charge in a new wave of textiles with extreme texture, from jumbo cord to quilting and boucléThe launch is a response to the recent appetite for touchable, fluffy furniture. Upholstery in snowy white bouclé – Pierre Frey’s ‘Louison’ bouclette being the perfect example – has been spotted in a number of boutique hotels. While new from Raf Simons for Kvadrat is ‘Argo 2’, a lustrously deep-pile fabric of glossy mohair that begs to be stroked, and comes in striking shades such as acid yellow, flamingo pink and a Cookie Monster blue.