Food & Drink Buttered Rum Christmas Cake Recipe
A Ghost Cake That's More Sweet Than Spooky
The cutest ghosts you'll ever see.Go ahead and serve some Ghost Cookies along with the cake!
Buttered rum Christmas cake . By Jane Hornby. Rating: 5 out of 5.10 ratings. Stir together the rum and maple syrup, then slowly spoon over the cake . Cool completely, then remove the baking parchment, wrap loosely in clean baking parchment and store in an airtight tin.
Buttered rum Christmas cake . 10 ratings 4.8 out of 5 star rating. This bright and kitsch design is a modern way to decorate a traditional Christmas fruit cake for a showstopping centrepiece. Cover just the top of your Christmas cake with icing, then use cinnamon sticks, ribbon and tea lights for an
For ourthis year, we have soaked our fruit in rum and butter to give it a warm and creamy finish. Leave this cake to mature to get the best flavour out of it.
NB Cooking notes: plus overnight soaking, cooling and (optional) maturing.
Yields: 20 servings
Prep Time: 25 mins
Process Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours 25 mins
Calories per Serving: 356
IngredientsFor the soaked fruit
- 300 g
- 300 g
- 100 g
- 150 g
dried figs, chopped
- 100 g
chopped mixed peel
Finely grated zest and juice 1 large orange
- 200 mL
- 50 g
unsalted butter, chopped
- 50 mL
- 200 g
unsalted butter, softened, plus extra to grease
- 200 g
light muscovado sugar
medium eggs, beaten
- 125 g
- 1 tbsp.
- 1 tsp.
each ground allspice and cinnamon
- 1 tsp.
freshly grated nutmeg
- 75 g
pecans, roughly chopped
- For the soaked fruit, in a large non-metallic bowl, mix the dried fruit and mixed peel. In a small pan, gently heat the orange zest and juice and rum until warm. Remove from heat and stir in the butter, to melt, and maple syrup. Pour over the fruit, stir, cover and leave to soak overnight at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 150°C (130°C fan) mark 2. Grease and line a 20.5cm round, 9cm deep cake tin with baking parchment. Next, wrap a double layer of baking parchment around the outside of the tin, securing it with string – this will help prevent the sides of the cake from over-browning.
- For the cake, using a freestanding mixer or a handheld electric whisk and large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5min.
- Add eggs a little at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift in flour and spices and beat briefly to combine. Add soaked fruit mixture and pecans and stir with a large metal spoon to combine.
- Scrape into prepared tin and level. Bake for 2½-3hr, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in tin for 10min, then transfer to a wire rack (keeping it in its baking parchment) and cool completely.
- If storing, wrap cooled cake (still in its parchment) in several layers of clingfilm, followed by a layer of foil. Store in a cool, dark place for up to 3 months.
To store and feed:
After two weeks, unwrap the cake, prick the top all over with a skewer and pour over 1tbsp rum. Rewrap and store as before. Feed the cake like this every 2 weeks if you like, rewrapping carefully after each addition.
The cake can be eaten immediately, but they will improve in flavour by maturing for a few weeks.
- Calories: 356
- Protein: 3g
- Total fat: 14g
- Saturates: 7g
- Carbs: 48g
- Total sugars: 41g
- Fibre: 3g
Why I’m looking forward to a slow and simple Christmas — and why you should too .
All I want for Christmas isthe chance to slow down and switch offChristmas is a magical time but it's busyness, in a normal year, can trigger anxiety for many. In fact, research last year found that over two in five Brits felt stressed during the festive season, while one in four sadly struggled with anxiety or depression.
Similar from the Web
Buttered rum Christmas cake . By Jane Hornby. Rating: 5 out of 5.10 ratings. Stir together the rum and maple syrup, then slowly spoon over the cake . Cool completely, then remove the baking parchment, wrap loosely in clean baking parchment and store in an airtight tin. www.bbcgoodfood.com
Buttered rum Christmas cake . 10 ratings 4.8 out of 5 star rating. This bright and kitsch design is a modern way to decorate a traditional Christmas fruit cake for a showstopping centrepiece. Cover just the top of your Christmas cake with icing, then use cinnamon sticks, ribbon and tea lights for an www.bbcgoodfood.com
Christmas cake recipes from all your favourite BBC Chefs Mary Berry, Delia Smith, Frances Quinn, The Hairy Bikers and many more. If you're making and decorating a Christmas cake for the first time or wanting a new twist on the classic mix of spices, dried fruits, nuts and booze, then look no further. www.bbc.co.uk
This chocolate Christmas cake recipe is a delicious twist on the traditional cake . And prunes, rum and dark chocolate take it to the next level. · Christmas Cake recipe : An excellent Christmas cake recipe passed down through many generations. Originates from Tring in Hertfordshire, England.
Holiday Cakes Christmas Desserts Christmas Treats Christmas Baking Christmas Cakes Butter Frosting Frosting Recipes Cake Recipes Dessert Cocoa Butter . Hot Buttered Rum . Description Nutrition Back for the holidays! We’ve captured the warmth and sweetness of an iconic holiday
Rum Cake is delicious moist cake drenched with rum . Make this tender cake with great crumbs for a family get together, Christmas or holidays. Miss G’s Simple Jamaican Rum Cake Recipe - aka Jamaican Christmas Cake or Jamaican Fruit Cake - Jamaicans.com. The only word that comes to
Christmas Rum Cake . So easy and delicious. recipes .. cake recipes online for anyone who loves cooking, including our pineapple rum cake recipe . Holiday Rum Bundt Cake Recipe is hit at every party! A boozy, buttery glaze makes the cake delicious and moist, the perect serving with Vanilla ice
See more ideas about Rum cake , Jamaican rum cake , Caribbean recipes . Recipe of the Week: Cuban Coconut Rum Flan. Photo by: QuirkyrocketPreheat the oven and prepare your sweet tooth because this dessert is sure to satisfy your sugary cravings.