Health & Fitness This 6-Move Cover Model Leg Workout Builds Bigger Quads, Stronger Glutes and Harder Abs
Best full body workout: these 5 exercises can give you a whole body workout
Simple home or gym barbells and dumbbells are all you need to start working out and toning upAll of these 5 exercises can be done with a barbell and most can be done with dumbbells if you find the idea of storing an Olympic bar in our shed a bit too much. Together they will work everywhere, giving you a full body workout without a single bit of tricky jargon or any trending fitness fads. These are tried and trusted.
It's a common misconception that you need a, a and several weight plates to get a decent leg workout in. Instead, the reality is this — you can smoke your quads, glutes, hamstrings calves and almost every other in your legs with a pair of dumbbells and your bodyweight. That your core gets a big hit is just a welcome bonus.
Best glute exercises: tone your derriere and build your core
Build stronger glute muscles for more explosive performance with the best glute exercisesYou see, the gluteus maximus (better known as your glutes) is often regarded as one of the strongest muscle groups in the body, as it plays a starring role in walking, running, climbing and simply standing up. Weak glutes can often lead to lower back pain, hip tightness and aching hamstrings in regular exercisers, as those peripheral groups end up working harder to take up the slack during a workout.
This is common denominator in our latestwith PT and cover model , who's created several follow-along workouts that you can sweat through at the gym, at home or wherever you are. All you need is a pair of dumbbells, a space to burpee in, and a bottle of water.
The second and latest video, above, is designed to smoke your legs and your core using just six exercises. You'll be working in a 40 seconds on, 20 seconds off format for five total rounds lasting 30 minutes overall. Here's how it works:
In 30 Minutes, 40/20 work/rest:
- Dumbbell Deadlifts
- Hold the dumbbells in front of you, with your palms facing your body.
- Hinge forward, bending your knees and lower the dumbbells without your back rounding
- Keep your core braced and lift back to the starting position. That's one rep
- Dumbbell Sumo squats
- With your feet wider than shoulder width apart, squat down and grasp two dumbbells with your hands almost touching.
- Keep your chest up, pull your shoulders back and look straight ahead as you lift the dumbbells.
- Focus on taking the weight back onto your heels and keep the bar as close as possible to your body at all times. Lift to thigh level, pause, then return under control to the start position.
- Reverse lunges
- Start standing, just as you would with a regular lunge, and tighten your core.
- Step back with your right leg and plant your left forefoot in the ground.
- Slowly bend your left knee, doing everything possible to keep your left shin perpendicular with the ground.
- Lower down until your left thigh is parallel with the ground, pause, then, drive up through your right heel and return to standing.
- Squeeze your glutes at the top of the movement.
- Side lunges
- Stand with feet set wider than shoulder-width and hold a dumbbell with both hands in front of your chest.
- Step your right leg out to the side and lower your body as you bend your knee, keeping your left leg straight.
- Drive yourself back up to starting position and repeat on the other side.
- Plank dumbbell pull-throughs
- Assume a high plank position with a dumbbell set to the left of your body behind your wrists.
- Reach your right hand underneath your torso, grab the weight, and drag it to the right.
- Return your right hand to the floor and repeat with your left hand.
- Russian twists
- Sit holding a dumbbell with your arms extended and feet off the floor.
- Quickly twist at the torso, turning from side to side.
Sign up to theand kickstart your home body plan. Make positive steps to become healthier and mentally strong with all the best fitness, muscle-building and nutrition advice delivered to your inbox.
Everything You Need to Know About Buying and Taking Pre-Workout Supplements
Pre-workout can supercharge your training. Here's everything you need to know before trying itThere's science behind it: a study published in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition reported that combining pre-workout with HIIT workouts resulted in significant increases in VO2 max, training volume and lean body mass while also speeding up the rate at which moderately-trained recreational athletes lost body fat.
For effective home workouts, uplifting stories, easy recipes and advice you can trust, subscribe to Men's Health UK today
Gallery: Hit Michael B. Jordan's 40-Minute, 'Creed II' Dumbbell Workout for a Huge Upper-Body Pump (Men's Health UK)
1A: Dumbbell Push Press, 15 Reps
1B: Incline Dumbbell Press, 20 Reps
2A: Dumbbell Biceps Curl (10 Reps)
2C: Dumbbell Pull-Over, 20 Reps
1 Mile Run, For Time
5-move TRX glute home workout with Daisy Hughes will build leg definition and burn fat at the same time .
5-move TRX glute home workout to train the glutes, quads and core by lululemon ambassador Daisy Hughes is perfect for runners, but even non-runners can benefit by following along with this workout.As Daisy puts it, "the glutes are responsible for hip extension which powers your stride thus stronger glutes equates to faster running!" Wearing the best running shoes can also make you run faster, especially if you do this 5-move TRX workout for legs often.But why would you stop there? Have a look at the best core exercises as well as the best glute exercises and top tips on how to get a big butt (the right way).