Cars Shooting Magnus Walker’s Porsches
Victory salute goes awry in Clasico RCN - Video
Stage 2 winner Muñoz crashes on finish line after hitting a bumpIt should have been one of the best days of Edison Muñoz's career. He had attacked on the second stage of the Clásico RCN, a national-level stage race in Colombia, and was riding solo for victory on the uphill finish in Ibagué.
The classic Boston Cream Pie isn't technically a pie at all, but a classic vanilla cake filled with a vanilla custard and topped with a rich chocolate ganache. The assembly is quick and much easier than frosting a cake in our opinion and the results are a soft buttery cake that stays moist thanks to the custard.
Yields: 8-10 servings
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 4 hours
IngredientsFor the cake
- 315 g
- 1 1/2 tsp.
- 1/2 tsp.
large eggs, room temperature
- 200 g
- 115 g
- 180 mL
whole milk, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp.
pure vanilla extract
Volkswagen Arteon Shooting Brake R-Line 2020 UK review
Expensive after options and lacklustre dynamically, but attractive, comfortable and spacious. R-Line possibly isn’t the wisest trim levelVisibility is also excellent for such a large car. The A-pillars are deliberately slim and the glass-house that wraps around the back of the body is generous, so the Shooting Brake is an easy car to manoeuvre. Paired with the panoramic roof standard on R-Line cars, the resulting spacious but somehow close ambience is similar to that of the Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo. Long journeys are pleasant.
- 100 g
- 3 tbsp.
- 1/4 tsp.
- 480 mL
large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp.
- 1 tsp.
pure vanilla extract
37 ways to give your home a last minute glow-up
Stains on the floor and holes in your walls? Fear not, these quick home fixes will hide them from sight with next to no effort.
- 60 mL
- 175 g
dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp.
- Make the cake: Preheat oven to 190°C (170ºC fan). Grease a 23cm cake pan with cooking spray. Line bottom of pan with parchment and grease parchment. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar on medium-high until thick, light in colour, and starting to hold its shape, about 8 minutes.
- Add dry ingredients and milk, melted butter, and vanilla into wet ingredients. Mix on low speed, until just combined.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Make the custard: In a medium saucepan, whisk sugar, cornflour, and salt. Add milk and egg yolks and whisk until well combined. Add butter and place over medium heat. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Continue whisking until thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and scrape cream into a medium heatproof bowl. Cover top directly with cling film to prevent a crust from forming. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Whisk vanilla into chilled pastry cream until smooth.
- Cut cake in half horizontally using a large serrated knife. Place bottom half on a platter or plate, cut side up. Spread chilled pastry cream over top. Sandwich with remaining half of cake, cut side down.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, heat cream until bubbling. Add chocolate chips and corn syrup. Cover with a plate and let sit 5 minutes. Remove plate and stir until smooth. Pour chocolate over top of cake. Let set in refrigerator 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
GMB vs BBC POLL: Piers Morgan and Dan Walker in ratings battle - who do you prefer? .
GOOD MORNING BRITAIN and BBC Breakfast have been battling it out over ratings since Piers Morgan joined the ITV breakfast show alongside Susanna Reid. In recent weeks the ratings have never been closer with Good Morning Britain set to overtake BBC Breakfast.Is it Piers or Dan, or someone else entirely? And if you had to pick one morning TV show, which would you choose?