•   
  •   

Entertainment Simon Cowell addresses Little Mix 'grudge'

14:45  12 november  2019
14:45  12 november  2019 Source:   msn.com

X Factor Celebrity reveals the first contestants to go home

  X Factor Celebrity reveals the first contestants to go home Who didn't make the cut?

Simon Cowell has admitted he brought 'The X Factor: The Band' forward because he wanted the show to air before Little Mix 's group talents show 'The Search', but insists he doesn't have a " grudge " against the 'Black Magic' hitmakers.

This page is not available right now. This can sometimes happen if you have internet connectivity problems or are running software/plugins that affect your internet traffic. Click here to try this page again, or visit: https://www.msn.com.

Getty © Getty Getty Simon Cowell insists he doesn't have a "grudge" against Little Mix, but brought 'The X Factor: The Band' forward so the show could air ahead of theirs.

The music mogul had always planned to launch a groups-centred programme in the UK after previously doing so in the US, but admits he didn't want the girl band - who won 'The X Factor' in 2011 - to get there before him with their talent show 'The Search', which will look for a new group.

He said: "With music, radio, TV - sometimes you just have to do something quick.

"The truth is I have a group show which I launched in America, I think four or five years ago.

The X Factor: Celebrity sparks outrage as Jenny Ryan fails to make it through to live shows

  The X Factor: Celebrity sparks outrage as Jenny Ryan fails to make it through to live shows The X Factor: Celebrity sparks outrage as Jenny Ryan fails to make it through to live showsAt the end of Saturday's show, we found out which of the celebrity line-up were the first to leave the competition and viewers were left outraged after The Chase star Jenny Ryan – aka The Vixen – failed to make it through, despite wowing with her impressive vocals during her audition.

Simon Cowell has admitted he brought 'The X Factor: The Band' forward because he wanted the show to air before Little Mix 's group talents show 'The Search', but insists he doesn't have a " grudge " against the 'Black Magic' hitmakers.

Simon Cowell has denied holding a grudge against Little Mix , after he announced he is launching another version of the X Factor to rival the girl group’s upcoming talent show. The music mogul, who celebrated his 60th birthday last month, said he owed the band “a lot” but that “sometimes you want to

Getty © Getty Getty

"We've always decided to do a group show in the UK so we'd agreed with ITV that we were going to do 'X Factor Groups' in 2020.

"So that was all fine and then we were going to do the 'All Stars' version this year, and then when we found out that the Little Mix show was going go out in 2020.

"I didn't want to follow that show since we'd already planned it years ago.

"I thought, 'Well, we'll just bring it forward. Simple as that.'

Getty © Getty Getty "And it wasn't like some grudge against Little Mix or whatever because you know I owe those girls a lot. 

"Even though we gave them a launch pad, they sold a lot of records.

"I thought their idea was a great idea. Sometimes you want to be the first one to do it in a certain country."

Simon has also insisted the normal series of 'The X Factor' will definitely return at some point, after he gave the programme a rest this year.

X Factor Celeb viewers baffled by judge's Safe Seat decision

  X Factor Celeb viewers baffled by judge's Safe Seat decision Simon Cowell strikes again.

Simon Cowell , via statement Simon Cowell , via statement Simon Cowell , via statement Cowell has also insisted that 'The X Factor' will definitely return at some point after he gave the program a rest this year.

Simon Cowell , via statement Simon Cowell , via statement Simon Cowell , via statement Cowell has also insisted that 'The X Factor' will definitely return at some point after he gave the program a rest this year.

Watch: Simon Cowell explains why he cancelled X Factor All Stars (Mirror)

Speaking on 'Heart Breakfast', he added: "Yeah that will come back. You can't keep doing the same show year after year after year and we'd had this idea for a while of doing the celebrity version, which has been a lot of fun. 

"I really, really have enjoyed every week of it. So I'd like to think over the next few years you can alternate the show between being a regular show, a group show, a celebrity show - like we did with 'Champions' with 'BGT', we did the 'Champions' show.

"So with shows like that you know you can and should change them around a bit."

Tune in to 'Heart Breakfast' with Jamie Theakston and Amanda Holden weekdays from 06:30-10:00.

Simon Cowell confirms The X Factor: The Band for December 2019 and gives hopefuls just days to apply

  Simon Cowell confirms The X Factor: The Band for December 2019 and gives hopefuls just days to apply Music mogul Simon Cowell is looking for “the next biggest group” for his new series of The X Factor: The Band. The 60 year old music mogul made the announcement as he revealed he's looking for solo singers to form the next band to rival Little Mix and One Direction – both of which were formed on The X Factor and went on to have huge success.Speaking in a video posted on The X Factor’s official Twitter page, The X Factor judge made the announcement while sat on a sofa next to one of his Yorkshire Terrier pups with his arms and legs crossed in true Simon Cowell fashion.

Simon Cowell and Little Mix stopped working together back in 2017Credit: @ simoncowell . How did Simon Cowell and Little Mix 's feud begin? The unprecedented fallout started over Little Mix voicing upset over their lack of recognition on single Woman Like Me.

Simon Cowell has cut ties with Little Mix after extraordinary row that has rocked the music industryCredit: Planet Photos. They made number 3 in the charts this week with album LM5. And the girls claim they are fighting back against the male dominated music industry through their music.

Gallery: 30 of the greatest girl groups of all time (StarsInsider)

Melanie Chisholm, Jesy Nelson, Geri Halliwell, Perrie Edwards, Melanie Brown, Emma Bunton, Jeanine Mason, Kelly Rowland, Ally Brooke posing for a photo: With some of our favorite bands of the '90s and '00s reuniting as of late, now's as good a time as any to look back on the greatest girl groups of all time. And it's not just pure nostalgia either: the success of acts like Little Mix and Fifth Harmony are proof that fans are still very much interested in girl groups.In this new gallery, we explore the best of the best. Did your faves make the cut? Click on to find out!

ITV sign new five year deal with Simon Cowell's Syco guaranteeing Britain's Got Talent will stay on the channel until 2024... but X Factor is only commissioned for one more year .
The channel announced that they will continue to show the Ant and Dec-fronted talent show for at least five more series, but only have only commissioned The X Factor to return in 2020. It comes following reports that The X Factor could be axed despite Simon's attempts the shake up the show, after this year's Celebrity version earned the lowest ratings in the series' 15 year history.In a statement Simon said: 'I am thrilled our relationship with ITV is to continue for the foreseeable future.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 2
This is interesting!