•   
  •   

Entertainment Keir Starmer took just 60 seconds to say what everyone wanted Boris Johnson to say

14:09  25 may  2020
14:09  25 may  2020 Source:   indy100.com

Boris Johnson to resume work Monday - spokesperson

 Boris Johnson to resume work Monday - spokesperson SANTE-CORONAVIRUS / GB-JOHNSON (URGENT): Boris Johnson to resume work Monday - spokesperson LONDON, April 25 (Reuters) - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson released of serious coronavirus infection will resume work Monday, a spokeswoman for Downing Street said on Saturday.

Keir Starmer has said that Boris Johnson has 'failed' by defending Dominic Cummings over a 260-mile trip during lockdown. The prime minister has rejected calls to sack his closest adviser. He said the public would “understand” Mr Cummings had travelled to Durham to secure childcare for his young son.

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer said Mr Johnson 's decision to take no action against Mr Cummings was "an insult to sacrifices made by the British people". Meanwhile, Mr Johnson said parents and teachers should prepare for the phased reopening of schools in England to start on 1 June as planned.

Boris Johnson, Keir Starmer are posing for a picture © Provided by Indy 100

In just sixty seconds, Keir Starmer said everything we needed to hear about Dominic Cummings breaking his own lockdown rules.

Reacting to Boris Johnson's defence of his senior advisor during Sunday's press briefing, Starmer slammed the prime minister for "treating the British public with contempt" and told a Sky News reporter that Cummings should go.

If I were prime minister, I'd have sacked Cummings. And there must now be an investigation into what has happened.

Starmer also articulated the outrage many of us feel at having carefully followed lockdown rules, even in extreme circumstances, just to be told that Cummings's multiple cross-country trips to Durham were "understandable".

Angela Rayner says Boris Johnson's handling of coronavirus outbreak has led to 'one of the worst death rates worldwide'

  Angela Rayner says Boris Johnson's handling of coronavirus outbreak has led to 'one of the worst death rates worldwide' Labour deputy leader Angela Rayner has attacked Boris Johnson over his handling of the coronavirus outbreak after the prime minister returned to work. Johnson marked his comeback with a speech outside 10, Downing Street on Monday morning, three weeks to the day since his own COVID-19 ordeal as he was admitted to intensive care. With the UK’s lockdown lasting until 7 May at the earliest, the PM promised “maximum possible transparency” with the public over the government’s plans to ease the restrictions.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been moved to intensive care in hospital after his coronavirus symptoms "worsened" Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer described it as "terribly sad news". She said she had not been tested for the virus. Health Secretary Matt Hancock, who also tested positive

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer said “it is an insult to sacrifices made by the British people that Boris Johnson has chosen to take no action against Dominic Cummings”. People robbed of the chance to say goodbye to their loved ones yet Boris Johnson is sticking by his boss’ flagrant breach of the rules.

Millions of people across the country have made the most agonising choices not to visit relatives, some of whom were ill or dying, and not to go to funerals.

They deserve better answers than they got from the prime minister today. One rule for the prime minister's advisors, another rule for everybody else.

Starmer re-iterated his position in a video posted to his Twitter account, where he further criticised Johnson for undermining confidence in his own lockdown rules.

So far, Johnson's has staunchly defended Dominic Cummings in spite of calls from across the political spectrum for him to resign or be sacked.

Cummings travelled from London to Durham multiple times with coronavirus symptoms despite contributing to the government's 'stay at home' campaign.

With Starmer's position on the scandal abundantly clear, Prime Minister's Questions should be interesting.

Foreign health and care workers are STILL being charged £400 to use the NHS despite Boris Johnson's pledge to remove the unfair fee for lifesavers .
A survey for the Doctors Association trade body found that the Immigration Surcharge was still being forced on workers risking their lives to help save lives from coronavirus. It comes almost a month after the Prime Minister U-turned and agreed to lift the levy affecting many of those at the business end of the battle against the pandemic.In May he declared it would be dropped after senior Conservatives complained it was 'immoral' and 'mean-spirited'.New data from the DA, reported by the Guardian, found that 158 NHS workers were still having to pay the cash, while just eight did not.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 1
This is interesting!