Entertainment Britain's ITV says 'no current plans' for another 'X Factor' series
Ranvir Singh opens up to Martin Lewis about being scammed by fraudsters: 'Didn't realise!'
RANVIR SINGH opened up to Martin Lewis on Wednesday's edition of Good Morning Britain about being scammed by fraudsters when she was applying for a new driving licence.Ranvir, 43, joined Martin, 49, and Susanna Reid, 50, on the show as the news anchor was tasked with keeping viewers up-to-date with the latest headlines. However, when the Good Morning Britain panel aired a debate about online scams, the former Strictly Come Dancing contestant got involved with the conversation as she admitted she had been a victim of fraudsters. The presenter of the ITV show said she felt violated as she completely fell for what she thought was a legitimate driving licence application.
LONDON (Reuters) - British broadcaster ITV said it has "no current plans" for another series of music talent show "The X Factor".
The singing competition, created by British music mogul and television personality Simon Cowell, debuted on UK screens in 2004 and kick-started the careers of chart toppers such as Leona Lewis, One Direction and Little Mix.
Its last series aired in 2018 before going on hiatus.
"There are no current plans for the next series of The X Factor at this stage," an ITV spokesperson said in an emailed statement on Thursday.
Good Morning Britain's Ben Shephard returns to show after leg operation
"I'm going to start bringing in the changes."Earlier this month, the presenter revealed he had undergone surgery after rupturing his ACL, tearing his meniscus and fracturing his leg during a football match.
Video: The X Factor ‘axed’ by ITV after 17 years (The Independent)
Once hugely popular, the UK show has seen ratings fall over the years.
Newspaper The Sun reported late on Wednesday Cowell was axing the series "for at least five years".
The show, in which aspiring singers aim to win a recording contract and are mentored by celebrity judges, has been exported around the world and has had various spin-offs, including a celebrity version in 2019.
(Reporting by Marie-Louise Gumuchian; editing by Emelia Sithole-Matarise)
Steve Coogan says ITV's Stephen "is a story we don't often hear" .
"It was nice to celebrate someone who wouldn't celebrate themselves."Starring Sharlene Whyte (Small Axe, We Hunt Together) and Hugh Quarshie (Holby City, Breeders) alongside Coogan, Stephen is the three-part sequel to ITV's 1999 drama The Murder of Stephen Lawrence.