Entertainment Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have announced just 2 Netflix shows in year since deal
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge host delayed Diana statue reception
Close friends and family of the late Princess of Wales gathered at Kensington Palace for the delayed celebration of the Diana statue.Close family and friends of the late royal - who died in a car accident in Paris on August 31, 1997, aged 36 - gathered at Kensington Palace on Tuesday (19.10.21), as thanks were given to the donors of the bronze tribute erected in the Sunken Garden of the royal residence.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who are living in California after quitting royal duties, struck a lucrative deal with the streaming giant in September 2020. But in the months since then, Harry and Meghan have only announced two shows.
In April the Sussxes announced the first show from their multi-million pound deal - a series about Harry's Invictus Games called Heart of Invictus.
And in July it was announced that Meghan would be an executive producer on an animated show called Pearl, which is about a girl inspired by influential women throughout history.
The Duchess said: "Like many girls her age, our heroine Pearl is on a journey of self-discovery as she tries to overcome life's daily challenges."
Queen Elizabeth will be joined by other royals on public engagements
Queen Elizabeth will be joined by other members of the royal family on engagements to avoid letting people down in case of health scares after she was forced to cancel a visit to Northern Ireland last week.The 95-year-old monarch spent a night in hospital for tests last week and was forced to cancel a visit to Northern Ireland but it is said that she will now be accompanied by one of her children or grandchildren for engagements in the future.
Release dates have not yet been confirmed for the two shows.
Netflix said the Sussexes also have "several projects in development".
A Netflix spokesperson told the Sun Online: "Archewell Productions has several projects in development but the two projects we have announced are Heart of Invictus and Pearl.
"We'll have more information about premiere dates in due course."
Harry and former actress Meghan faced calls to ditch the Netflix deal due to The Crown's portrayal of the royals.
When the couple announced they were working with the streaming giant, they said they would be producing a range of content that "informs but also gives hope".
Queen Elizabeth is on good form, says Boris Johnson
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has revealed the Queen is "on very good form".The UK Prime Minister has revealed that the 95-year-old monarch is in good spirits - despite being advised by doctors to rest for two more weeks.
The Sussexes said: "Our lives, both independent of each other, and as a couple have allowed us to understand the power of the human spirit: of courage, resilience, and the need for connection.
"Through our work with diverse communities and their environments, to shining a light on people and causes around the world, our focus will be on creating content that informs but also gives hope."
Harry and Meghan added that they were "pleased" to be working with Ted Sarandos, co-chief executive officer and chief content officer of Netflix, and his team "whose unprecedented reach will help us share impactful content that unlocks action".
Mr Sarandos said: "We're incredibly proud they have chosen Netflix as their creative home - and are excited about telling stories with them that can help build resilience and increase understanding for audiences everywhere."
The Sussexes quit royal duties in March 2020 for new lives of personal and financial freedom in America.
They are living in a mansion in Montecito with their children Archie and Lili.
In their bombshell Oprah Winfrey interview in March, Harry insisted he only signed the Netflix deal to pay for security after his family "literally cut me off financially" in the wake of Megxit.
The couple have also agreed a deal with Spotify to make podcasts as they launch new careers across the pond.
Prince Harry's 'obsession' with Meghan Markle caused rift with William, says royal author .
The Duke of Cambridge was said to be a skeptic in his brother's whirlwind romance with a divorcee.Excerpts from Christopher Andersen's book "Brothers And Wives: Inside The Private Lives of William, Kate, Harry And Meghan," retrieved by Page Six revealed that the Duke of Cambridge urged his sibling to take things slowly in his relationship with the then-actress. He reportedly asked him "Why rush things?" when the younger royal told him about his plans to propose in September 2017.