•   
  •   

Entertainment I'm A Celebrity 2021 full confirmed line-up as show names stars heading to Gwrych Castle

04:00  16 november  2021
04:00  16 november  2021 Source:   walesonline.co.uk

I'm a Celebrity 2021 line-up rumours: 10 celebrities who are tipped to take part this year

  I'm a Celebrity 2021 line-up rumours: 10 celebrities who are tipped to take part this year The likes of Richard Madeley, Maura Higgins and Adam Woodyatt are rumoured to be heading to Gwrych Castle for the ITV seriesThe first trailer for the upcoming series, presented by Ant and Dec, was released earlier this week - though fans are still waiting for the official start date to be announced.

I'm A Celebrity.... Get Me Out Of Here! has officially named the stars heading to Gwrych Castle for 2021.

The line-up for this year's series has been announced following months of speculation and includes Dame Arlene Phillips, Good Morning Britain's Richard Madeley, former BBC Breakfast presenter Louise Minchin, who quit earlier this year, and Snoochie Shy.

It comes ahead of the I'm A Celebrity start date, which kicks off in Abergele, Wales on Sunday, November 21 at 9pm. You can read more on this here.

Read more: Gwrych Castle boss 'didn't think' I'm A Celebrity would return to Wales

I'm a Celebrity getting another US reboot but with a twist

  I'm a Celebrity getting another US reboot but with a twist ITV America and Blumhouse Television are amping up the horror.Originally reported by Deadline, ITV America and Blumhouse Television are teaming up to pitch Celebrity Castle, an unscripted series that will be based on the UK version but steeped in horror instead.

There are 10 celebrities heading into camp at the end of the week, from soap stars to a footballing legend, with two more expected to make a late arrival. So who are the cast members joining Ant and Dec at Gwrych Castle for a series full of gruelling trials and challenges?

Here's a full list of stars hoping to be crowned the next King or Queen of the Castle.

Louise Minchin

Louise Minchin © ITV Louise Minchin

Broadcaster and ex BBC Breakfast Host Louise, who left the broadcaster's flagship daytime show after 20 years in September, is hoping to show her fun side on the show. The 53-year-old endurance sport lover says her biggest fear is small spaces.

She explains: "The biggest challenge for me is going to be small spaces. I can't get in a lift with too many people in and I would rather walk up the stairs than get in the lift. And anything with cockroaches, spiders or rats I will squeal and scream. That is not my idea of fun at all!"

I'm A Celebrity 2021: Expert 'critter counter' hired after 2020 controversy

  I'm A Celebrity 2021: Expert 'critter counter' hired after 2020 controversy Someone will count bugs one by one to make sure nothing escapes from Gwrych CastleBosses at the ITV reality show will need to keep a close eye on how many creepy critters that aren't native to Wales they use for Bushtucker Trials.

Matty Lee

Matty Lee © ITV Matty Lee

After winning Gold with Tom Daley in the 10 metres synchronised diving at the Tokyo Olympics this summer, Matty admits it is the "cherry on the cake" to be taking part in his favourite TV show. The Olympic Gold Medallist says he's "still in shock" that he's doing I'm A Celebrity and is ready to embrace the whole experience.

Matty, 23, doesn't like rats and reveals he will definitely freak out if a challenge involves them.

"Heights won't be an issue though!" he adds. "I am obviously used to diving off 10 metre boards!"

Snoochie Shy

Snoochie Shy © ITV Snoochie Shy

Radio 1Xtra DJ Snoochie Shy reveals she is a big "scaredy cat", with her phobias including bugs, heights and small spaces.

The 29-year-old says the one trial she fears the most is anything involving a coffin and creepy crawlies. "That trial is my big fear," she explains. "I've seen bugs go up people's noses before and I am scared bugs are going to go up my private parts. But I am excited about taking part and as soon as they asked me to come on the show, I said yes."

I'm A Celebrity bosses 'creating secret JAIL and two separate camps'

  I'm A Celebrity bosses 'creating secret JAIL and two separate camps' ITV are said to be creating a new jail called The Clink on the grounds of the estate in North Wales where celebrities will be sent if they misbehave. According to The Sun, the new sleeping area will be a nod to Snake Rock and Croc Creek and will see camp mates make do with sleeping bags. © Provided by Daily Mail Changes: I'm A Celebrity bosses are reportedly making some new additions to Gwrych Castle including a dungeon and a second dingy camp A source said: 'The Clink will be an unpleasant place to spend much time, as will the sister camp.

Snoochie admits she "can relate" to co-star and 2020 runner-up Jordan North who vomited on top of the mountain last year "as it was very high".

Richard Madeley

Richard Madeley © ITV Richard Madeley

TV Presenter and Journalist Richard Madeley, who has been hosting Good Morning Britain recently, admits he isn't sure if he will get too frightened if he is made to walk a plank perched high up on a Welsh cliff top.

Richard, who has been asked to do I'm A Celeb for many years, says he realised "the time had come to experience it".

He explains: "Up until now, I've always been perfectly happy watching as a viewer but recently, I realised I'm A Celebrity is no longer just a TV programme. It's become part of the fabric of British life and part of the countdown to Christmas. It suddenly hit me that everyone talks about it the next day and I suddenly wondered what it would be like to be there rather than watching. I realised the time had come to experience it.

"Judy and I talked about it and we realised we couldn't find a reason for me not to do it. I slept on the offer and when I woke up the next day, I found myself feeling really excited that I was going to say yes. My children think it is hilarious I am taking part!"

I'm a Celebrity unveils first look at castle camp following cast confirmation

  I'm a Celebrity unveils first look at castle camp following cast confirmation The newest series kicks off in just a few days.The series is coming back to Gwrych Castle in Wales this year, and new photos show that the camp set is as decrepit and slightly spooky as ever.

Dame Arlene Phillips, DBE

Arlene Phillips © ITV Arlene Phillips

Choreographer Dame Arlene Phillips is keen to overcome her fears to take part in the trials.

The 78-year-old says: "Spiders, all those things you find on I'm A Celebrity – I don't like them but I have this great fantasy that I can put myself in a place that will deal with it all."

Arlene continues: "I still can't believe I am doing it either but I love and admire everybody who has done the show, I admire their bravery and I have spoken to so many people who have done it. Everyone has loved the experience and told me how it has added something new to their lives and that is why I have said yes this year after being approached before."

Naughty Boy

Naughty Boy © ITV Naughty Boy

The music producer – whose real name is Shahid Khan – thinks his background working with artists will stand him in good stead when he enters camp. Naughty Boy says he is scared of confined spaces and heights but is determined to bring back stars.

The 36-year-old says: "I would love to see more musicians go into the Castle this series, Sir Elton John would be incredible if he were to go in! "We (musicians) are more equipped than people think as we spend such a lot of time in the studio.

"I am excited about going on I'm A Celebrity now. I want people to know the real me. I am not a celebrity at all. My music is the celebrity and now is the chance for me to show people what I am really like."

I'm a Celebrity Gwrych Castle: First look inside including a cramped jail

  I'm a Celebrity Gwrych Castle: First look inside including a cramped jail Celebrities are making their way to Gwrych Castle ahead of the latest series set to begin on SundayWith just days to go until celebrities move into the castle in Abergele, ITV have released a first look of the camp - showcasing exactly what viewers and the celebrities can expect.

Read more: ITV bosses confirm major I'm A Celebrity change as they axe fan favourite

Kadeena Cox, MBE

Kadeena Cox © ITV Kadeena Cox

Four time Paralympic gold champion Kadeena Cox says going on I'm A Celebrity will be mentally tougher than anything she has ever done before.

Kadeena, who won BBC's MasterChef this year, says she's not looking forward to trials involving snakes, rats, spiders and heights.

She says: "I am scared of spiders, I don't like rats, I don't like snakes, and I don't like heights. But I am hoping the athlete in me will want to do it for the team and just get through that tough moment. I will scream afterwards!"

The 30-year-old adds: "My mum thinks I am crazy to be doing it too and it hasn't quite sunk in yet, but I am also really looking forward to meeting some new people from different walks of life."

David Ginola

David Ginola © ITV David Ginola

Former Newcastle and Spurs player David, who retired from playing in 2002, admits he is excited to catch up with Ant and Dec after meeting them at games he played in the past for their favourite football team. Although he won't reveal his phobias until he's in the castle, David says he is looking forward to what will be a "great experience".

The football legend is also hoping to take on the role of chef in camp as he enjoys cooking food at home. He adds: "I am curious to see how I will be outside my comfort zone too. I am hoping to get only good things out of it."

Frankie Bridge

Frankie Bridge © ITV Frankie Bridge

Pop Star and Presenter Frankie, who is best known for The Saturdays and Loose Women, says she is "scared of most things" but wants to push herself to show a side to her that people have not seen before. Frankie's husband Wayne Bridge took part in 2016 and can't wait for her to take part.

I'm a Celebrity unveils first look at castle camp following cast confirmation

  I'm a Celebrity unveils first look at castle camp following cast confirmation The newest series kicks off in just a few days.The series is coming back to Gwrych Castle in Wales this year, and new photos show that the camp set is as decrepit and slightly spooky as ever.

She explains: "Ever since Wayne took part, he has been desperate for me to do it too and he can't wait to watch me squirm and scream! My kids are still quite young, and they still think I am quite cool – so there is a very small window for them to watch it and not be embarrassed! I feel now is the time. I love the show so much too."

Frankie is scared of spiders, rats and confined spaces.

Danny Miller

Danny Miller © ITV Danny Miller

Emmerdale star Danny Miller admits he agonised over whether to take part in this year's I'm A Celebrity because it meant leaving his new baby behind.

Danny, who only recently became a father for the first time, reveals he spent a long time discussing the offer to take part with his fiancée, Steph, before finally deciding he couldn't turn down an opportunity of a lifetime.

The soap star, who has played Emmerdale's Aaron Dingle on and off for 13 years, says: "And so after lots of discussions, I've said yes! I'm A Celebrity is the biggest show in the country and I want to show people what I am like as Danny rather than as Aaron. It will be nice for people to see me not crying but having a laugh! I am a fun guy at home and I've been known as Aaron now for 13 years – it's good to step outside your comfort zone."

Danny says he is "absolutely dreading" the eating trials but says he will be "a shoulder to cry on" on for his campmates in the castle.

I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! starts Sunday, November 21 at 9pm on ITV.

To get the latest showbiz news from WalesOnline sent straight to your inbox sign up for our What's On newsletter here .

Is I'm A Celebrity on tonight and what happened? Everything we know about the 2021 series going off-air .
What happened to Gwrych Castle and ITV production, why was the show cancelled and where are the campmates staying after being evacuated? Here's all the detailsThursday saw Richard Madeley announce his sudden exit from the show after being rushed to hospital, while Friday's live instalment was cancelled for the first time in 19 years due to Storm Arwen.

usr: 0
This is interesting!