Entertainment I’m a Celebrity cancelled for weekend as Storm Arwen damages show’s TV production base
Storm Arwen map: Latest UK weather forecast and when the Met Office says the year’s first named storm will hit
The Met Office has issued amber wind warnings for north-east Scotland and north-east England with Storm Arwen set to hit on Friday afternoonWinds of around 75mph are set to batter the coastlines, but will also be felt inland.
has been cancelled for the weekend after Storm Arwen caused significant damage to the show’s production base.
The celebrities taking part are safe and remain in Gwrych Castle in North Wales, where the reality TV show is filmed, ITV said.
“Owing to technical difficulties caused by extreme weather conditions in the area, there will be no new episodes of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! this weekend (Saturday and Sunday),” the show said in a statement.
Amazing space images of the week
Cast your eyes on these awe-inspiring space spectacles
I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! will be replaced on Saturday and Sunday night by compilation shows voiced by hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly.
The episodes will feature some of the best moments from the previous series, ITV said.
It’s the latest in a series of challenges this year’s I’m a Celebrity has faced.
The cancellation of this weekend’s shows follows a decision toin response to the oncoming storm.
Earlier in the week, an intruder breached security at the castle.
The individual was removed from the set immediately after the intrusion was identified, according to ITV.
Contestant Richard Madeley, after being taken to hospital from the set while “briefly unwell”.
I'm A Celeb... stars exit Gwrych Castle amid Storm Arwen chaos!
The contestants of this year's 'I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!' have been forced to exit the castle after Storm Arwen caused damage.The likes of Frankie Bridge, Naughty Boy and David Ginola have left Gwrych Castle in North Wales after huge gusts of wind created chaos for the ITV programme, leading to bosses cancelling both of this weekend's episodes.
Elsewhere, three people have died after winds of almost 100 miles per hour hit areas of the UK.
shortly after 11pm on Friday in Ambleside, Cumbria.
Another was killed when his car was hit by a falling tree in County Antrim, Northern Ireland.
A third died in Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
The Met Office’s yellow weather warning covering much of the UK remains in place until 6pm on Saturday.
Red and amber weather warnings issued earlier are no longer in force.
The strongest winds have now passed, the Met Office said, but people are advised to continue to check and adhere to local advice before they travel.
I'm A Celeb's Ant and Dec give glimpse of 'wrecked' set after Storm Arwen .
Ant and Dec revealed the shocking photos of the I'm a Celeb base that was left a "wreck" by Storm Arwen as the celebs were in isolation without access to the internet or TV The award-winning co-hosts addressed the three-night absence of the show, as they revealed the shocking photos of the “wreck” that the storm had left the ITV production in.