•   
  •   

Entertainment I’m A Celebrity returns to screens after Storm Arwen forced ITV show off the air

02:45  01 december  2021
02:45  01 december  2021 Source:   newsletter.co.uk

Storm Arwen map: Latest UK weather forecast and when the Met Office says the year’s first named storm will hit

  Storm Arwen map: Latest UK weather forecast and when the Met Office says the year’s first named storm will hit The Met Office has issued amber wind warnings for north-east Scotland and north-east England with Storm Arwen set to hit on Friday afternoonWinds of around 75mph are set to batter the coastlines, but will also be felt inland.

Footage shows I ' m a Celebrity 's return after a number of days off air due to complications from Storm Arwen . The show comes back with a thrilling snake-filled trial hosted by Ant & Dec.

I ' m a Celebrity has been cancelled for the third time in a row as the production team hurries to repair the damage caused by Storm Arwen . On Friday, the show was cancelled for the first time in 19 years. The remaining celebrities were removed from the castle on the weekend while work was carried out to get the production base running again after technical issues due to extreme weather. ITV confirmed that once production is safe to continue, the celebrities will return to the castle and the show will resume.

Ant and Dec welcomed viewers back to I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here after the reality show was taken off the air due to Storm Arwen.

  I’m A Celebrity returns to screens after Storm Arwen forced ITV show off the air © The 2021 cast of I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here. (Credit: ITV)

The ITV show, which is filmed in Wales, last aired on Friday evening and was forced to cancel Saturday, Sunday and Monday’s scheduled shows after the extreme weather caused damage to the production area.

Celebrities were also moved out of Gwrych Castle in North Wales while the storm hit, although the castle itself remained unharmed by the weather.

'Monumental effort’ to get the show back on air

Speaking on This Morning, presenters Ant and Dec said that there had been a monumental effort in getting I’m A Celebrity back on air.

Amazing space images of the week

  Amazing space images of the week Cast your eyes on these awe-inspiring space spectacles

ITV officials have announced that I ' m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! will return on Tuesday 30 November after storm damage forced production to pause. On Friday, the show was cancelled for the first time in 19 years and the celebrity campmates were removed from the castle over the weekend. They added that there will be a live public vote, for a new trial, during Tuesday's episode. The result of that vote will be revealed to campmates at the end of tomorrow's programme. Storm Arwen meant homes across Wales lost power over the weekend, with many still experiencing outages on Monday

Get Me Out Of Here! will return to TV screens tonight after extreme weather conditions caused production difficulties at Gwrych Castle. The flagship ITV programme was cancelled for three nights in a row while the production team worked to repair significant damage caused by Storm Arwen . Tuesday's episode will feature a live public vote over who will face the next trial, with the result revealed at the end of the programme. It has not yet confirmed when the first contestant will be voted off the show . The launch show received one of the biggest entertainment audience figures of 2021 with 11.1

They said: “The wind had pretty much destroyed the tech base, there was no choice but to pull the show. The celebrities had to come out into individual quarantine… We thought it would mean keeping them in there when we couldn’t film.

“They could have quite easily said there was too much damage to get back on air, the team has been magnificent… the castle is the one thing that has been absolutely fine.

“It has been a monumental effort on everyone’s part. It has been a challenge but the team have been fantastic, we can’t wait to get back because we were just getting into our stride.”

???? We’re back in the castle tonight at 9pm! ???? #ImACeleb pic.twitter.com/y31rEh4zNK

— antanddec (@antanddec) November 30, 2021

Latest production hiccup for I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here

The 2021 series of the show has so far been hit with a run of bad luck.

Met Office keeps amber and yellow warnings in place after Storm Arwen batters the UK

  Met Office keeps amber and yellow warnings in place after Storm Arwen batters the UK Met Office keeps amber and yellow warnings in place after Storm Arwen batters the UKAlthough the extremely rare red weather warning expired in the early hours of the morning on Saturday, the Met Office said that amber and yellow warnings for wind remained in place, with the expectation of “some very strong gusts” in many areas.

The show won't air again on Monday due to. Celebrities were removed from the set at the weekend due to "technical difficulties caused by extreme weather," ITV said. ITV said on Monday: "Production worked round the clock to get the site back up and running after Storm Arwen caused When the show returns to our screens , Ant and Dec will be presenting live from Gwrych Castle and there will

The flagship ITV show was forced off air over the weekend after its production base was battered by torrential rain and 100mph gusts. Celebrities on the show were evacuated from the set at Gwrych Castle in North Wales on Saturday evening over safety fears. Presenters Ant and Dec hailed the The presenting duo said there was “no choice but to pull the show over the weekend” following Storm Arwen . It comes after the show has suffered a string of setbacks, with TV presenter Richard Madeley pulling out last week after being rushed to hospital. He was later forced to leave the show after

ITV were forced to cancel three shows as a result of the weather conditions and the damage to the production area, but the show was already hit by other issues prior to this.

Ex-contestant Richard Madeley was removed from the castle on Thursday 25 November after “taking a funny turn” during the night.

The Good Morning Britain presenter was taken to hospital for precautionary checks and, as a result of coming into contact with doctors and nurses, was unable to return to the castle due to breaking the Covid bubble.

ITV have also confirmed that an intruder was removed from the set at Gwrych Castle after a security breach at the castle.

Celebrities face tough trials again

The show marked its return to the TV schedule with a trial involving Dame Arlene Phillips and paralympian Kadeena Cox.

The pair faced their fears in ‘Bed Chamber of Chills’, where they were met by dozens of snakes in a pitch black maze.

I'm A Celeb... stars exit Gwrych Castle amid Storm Arwen chaos!

  I'm A Celeb... stars exit Gwrych Castle amid Storm Arwen chaos! The contestants of this year's 'I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!' have been forced to exit the castle after Storm Arwen caused damage.The likes of Frankie Bridge, Naughty Boy and David Ginola have left Gwrych Castle in North Wales after huge gusts of wind created chaos for the ITV programme, leading to bosses cancelling both of this weekend's episodes.

ITV said Ant and Dec would record their links earlier on Friday due to poor weather associated with Storm Arwen . I ' m a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! was forced to abandon the live element of Friday's episode as Storm Arwen hit north Wales. The Met Office has warned of high winds likely to cause injuries in Wales and other parts of the UK. ITV instead broadcast a pre-recorded show , filmed in Gwrych Castle, Conwy, as a precautionary measure. Meanwhile, the crew of a rowing boat were rescued from the sea off the coast of Ceredigion after capsizing.

' I ' m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here!' will finally return on Tuesday night after technical difficulties caused by Storm Arwen . As for what the celebrities got up to while they were off -site? It was confirmed by ITV that the contestants, such as Radio 1 DJ Snoochie Shy and former footballer David Ginola, all went back into individual quarantine as during their pre- show arrival. While it is likely that they haven’t had any contact with the outside world, the celebrities have been able to put some clothes in the wash, according to reports.

Kadeena collected the stars while moving through the maze in a top bunk, while they were passed down to Dame Arlene in the bottom bunk for collection.

The trial was a success for the stars, who gained 10 out of a possible 11 stars for camp.

Broadcaster Louise Minchin and former footballer David Ginola faced the Castle Coin Challenge and brought a French flair to the occasion.

While speaking French to each other, Louise and David collected the apples and won the coins, which they claimed an apple pie for at Kiosk Cledwyn's Ye Olde Shoppe.

Soap veterans open up about their careers

Soap stars Simon Gregson and Adam Woodyatt also opened up during the episode about working on some of the UK’s most popular shows.

Simon, who has played Steve McDonald on Coronation Street for the past 32 years, said: “It was difficult for a while to adjust. This isn’t what I planned for myself and I do not like it. I hated it. The fame side of it I hated it. I still don’t (like it).”

Woodyatt, who is famous for his 36-year stint as Eastenders favourite, Ian Beale, opened up about his recent departure from the show.

He said: “I just had another opportunity.

“This play came up. I just fancied doing something different. The way the storyline is, they needed me to take a break. Yeah… the break’s just got longer.”

I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here airs at 9pm every night on ITV and episodes are available on the ITVHub.

I'm A Celeb's Ant and Dec give glimpse of 'wrecked' set after Storm Arwen .
Ant and Dec revealed the shocking photos of the I'm a Celeb base that was left a "wreck" by Storm Arwen as the celebs were in isolation without access to the internet or TV The award-winning co-hosts addressed the three-night absence of the show, as they revealed the shocking photos of the “wreck” that the storm had left the ITV production in.

usr: 0
This is interesting!