Entertainment British Summer Time Festival at Hyde Park 2023: Billy Joel and Bruce Springsteen tickets, line-up rumours, prices and more
Bruce Springsteen tribute band to rock the same Newcastle stage he did 41 years ago
The band promise that the gig is ‘a night made for every Springsteen fan’ as they relive the Born To Run singer's epic 1981 concert The Sound Of Springsteen will play at the O2 City Hall in Newcastle’s city centre on Saturday, 10 September. The band follows in the footsteps of the legend himself, who played at the venue in May 1981 .
British Summer Time Festival returns to Hyde Park next year with a bang as two legendary artists have already been announced for the London event.
The American Express BST festival takes place across multiple weekends and organisers aim to put on an impressive show with iconic headliners and support from today's rising stars, as well as providing food, drink and hospitality packages at one of London's premier green spaces.
Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band as well as Billy Joel have been announced as headliners so far for the festival which takes place in July 2023. Bruce Springsteen will make his BST debut and perform on Thursday, July 6 and Saturday, July 8, 2023 and tickets have already sold out for Bruce.
How much are Arctic Monkeys tickets? Are they still available?
They have had fans in a frenzy with the announcement of their seventh studio album The Car. And Arctic Monkeys are preparing for a huge UK 2023 tour, with tickets going on sale 9am on Friday September 30.With performances at some of the UK's biggest live music venues including Emirates Old Trafford cricket ground, the band will tour for 13 nights next May and June.Arctic Monkeys have included two dates in their hometown of Sheffield at Hillsborough Park.
Billy Joel is the latest headliner to be announced for the festival, with his performances taking place on Friday, July 7 2023. Tickets for Billy Joel at the BST Festival are on sale now viaMore acts are set to be announced very soon by the organisers.
The festival, which began in 2013, attracted the likes of Elton John, The Rolling Stones, Pearl Jam, Adele, The Eagles and Duran Duran at last year's event which saw more than 500,000 music lovers attend. Kylie Minogue, Black Sabbath, Neil Young, Celine Dion, Bon Jovi, Barbara Streisand, Lionel Richie and more have performed at previous events.
Tickets for the festival are priced as day/general admission for the artists performing live that day. Eight out of the 17 show days of the event however are for the community and general public to access the event site free of charge to enjoy a wide range of free activities including cinema, music, sports, arts and theatre.
Billy Joel to headline BST Hyde Park 2023 in only European performance next year
He's starting the (music) fire!One of the most popular recording artists and respected entertainers in history, Joel will perform on Friday July 7, during BST Hyde Park’s 10th anniversary festival.
The headliners announced below for the 2023 festival will be joined by other artists on the day too.
Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band
Bruce Springsteen is making his BST debut for the 2023 festival. The festival dates also form part of his stadium tour taking place across the UK next year.
Bruce has released 20 studio albums in his career spanning over six decades and has become one of the world's best-selling music artists. He’s been awarded 20 Grammys, two Golden Globes, an Academy Award, and a Special Tony Award, in addition to being inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
His live tours have consistently been placed amongst the highest grossing of each of the last five decades. Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band’s last tour, ‘The River Tour’, was 2016’s highest-grossing tour worldwide.
UK Prime Minister Liz Truss annoys M People by using their song
Liz Truss isn't the first politician to use a band's song without their permission. Here are some notable times bands fought back. View on euronewsIt was a scene that made immediate sense. The deeply unpopular prime minister who has been in the job barely a month and managed to tank the UK’s economy would only be so thoroughly applauded by her similarly inept peers.
In May 2021, he became the eighth recipient of the Woody Guthrie Prize, a prize that honours an artist who speaks out for social justice and carries on the spirit of the folk singer.
Dates for BST 2023: July 6, 8, 2023
Prices and tickets: Tickets have sold out for both dates but it's worth checking on the Ticketmaster websitein case any become available from resellers.
Prices for Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band start from £90.45 each for general admission, but that's for children aged between two and nine-years-old. Other tickets are pretty expensive with general admission at £101.15 each for Tier 2 (entry and access to a range of bars, food traders and toilets in the main arena).
Primary entry tickets, which includes general admission, entry to the event up to one hour before the main entrance opens and access to a range of bars, food traders and toilets in the main arena, are priced at £111.85 each.
There are also VIP packages from £324.94 to £434.95 each which range from first entry, dedicated VIP entry, access to the VIP HydeAway, Gold Circle standing area and more.
Pink set to headline at London's BST Hyde Park in 2023
Pink has announced that she will be headlining London's BST Hyde Park Festival next summer, marking her first UK performance in four years. The summer event previously saw hitmakers Adele and Duran Duran take to the stage earlier this year, and now pop megastar Pink is set to do the same in 2023.The Grammy winner was last in the UK when she brought her 'Beautiful Trauma World Tour' across the pond in 2019.
One of the most popular recording artists and respected entertainers in history, Billy Joel is the sixth best-selling recording artist of all time and the third best-selling solo artist, as well as one of the biggest concert draws in the world. Joel’s songs have acted as personal and cultural touchstones for millions of people across five decades.
Having sold 160 million records over the past quarter century, the hits have continued for almost five decades, scoring 33 consecutive Top 40s. Joel has received the RIAA’s Diamond Award twice for Greatest Hits Volume I & Volume II and The Stranger, presented for albums that have sold over 10 million copies.
He is the recipient of 23 GRAMMY nominations and six Grammy Awards, including the prestigious Grammy Legend Award. Joel has been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, the Songwriter’s Hall of Fame, and has received numerous awards including a Tony Award for ‘Movin' Out’, The Library of Congress Gershwin Prize for Popular Song, the once-in-a-century ASCAP Centennial Award.
Dates for BST 2023: July 7, 2023
Prices and tickets:
Tickets are available to buy on. Prices for Billy Joel start from £84.75 each for children (aged two to nine) for general admission into the festival. The rest are as follows:
What UK music festivals are cheaper than Glastonbury 2023?
There are plenty of alternatives.One of the world’s most famous music events, the five-day festival returned in 2022 after a two-year break thanks to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- General admission - Tier 2 - (general admission entry and access to an extensive range of bars, food traders and toilets in the main arena)
- Primary Entry - Tier 2 - (general admission ticket through a dedicated entrance for Early Entry customers, entry to the event up to one hour before the main entrance opens to General Admission customers, access to an extensive range of bars, food traders and toilets in the main arena)
- Gold Circle - Tier 2 - (Watch Billy Joel take to the stage from our Gold Circle, arrive in style with a dedicated entrance for Gold Circle customers, first to explore Amex presents BST Hyde Park with entry to the event 1 hour before the main entrance opens to General Admission, watch Great Oak stage performances from the exclusive gold circle standing viewing area, leave and return from the Gold Circle area into general admission, access to an extensive range of bars, food traders & toilets in the main arena)
- Gold VIP Hydeaway - Tier 2 - - (dedicated entrance for VIP HydeAway, first to explore Amex presents BST Hyde Park with entry to the event 1 hour before the main General Admission Entrance opens, access to the VIP HydeAway, exclusive area offering a private bar, comfortable seating and separate toilet facilities, watch Great Oak stage performances from the exclusive Gold Circle standing viewing area, leave and return from the Gold Circle area into general admission, access to an extensive range of bars, food traders and toilets)
- Diamond VIP Experience - Tier 2 - - (dedicated Diamond VIP Experience Entrance, first to explore Amex presents BST Hyde Park Event entry 1 hour before the main General Admission entrance, access to American Express VIP Summer Garden - VIP bars, premium food outlets, comfortable seating, separate toilet facilities and cloakroom, VIP Diamond View is premium standing in front of the stage with unrivalled views of the Great Oak Stage performances, go between the VIP Diamond View and American Express VIP Summer Garden & General Admission areas).
Take That announced as headliner for British Summer Time Festival 2023 with The Script and Sugababes to join .
They're back for one of the biggest festivals of the summer next yearThe popular band will join the likes of Pink, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel and Blackpink as the headliners for BST 2023 event. Their slot will come on Saturday, July 1, 2023, a week after Pink performs in the grounds.