•   
  •   

SportWilson receives first England call-up

21:11  08 november  2018
21:11  08 november  2018 Source:   readsport.co

Wilson: My performances justify England call-up

Wilson: My performances justify England call-up AFC Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson has insisted his debut call-up to the senior England squad is deserved after his impressive start to the season. ITV News report that Wilson is the highest scoring English-man in this season’s Premier League to date, bagging six times in 12 matches. The 26-year-old has played a crucial role in the Cherries’ bright start to the campaign, contributing four assists as well as the goals as the club sit sixth in the table. England take on the USA in a friendly tomorrow night before the UEFA Nations League clash with Croatia three days later. Wilson will be hoping to make his senior bow under Gareth Southgate, who he worked under with the England U21s previously. Describing the feeling of mingling with the rest of the squad, Wilson said: “It’s nice, it’s an honour, sharing a dressing room with people like Wayne Rooney and Harry Kane. It’s nice and obviously, it is something that from when you are younger you always want to do. To finally get here is a great achievement.” “When I walked in, I felt like I should be here. I felt like my performances this season have justified my selection at the moment. I play against them week in, week out, different players in the squad, so you get to see them in various opposition teams, but you’ve still got that mutual respect there.

Though Wilson 's idealism pervades the Fourteen Points, he also had more practical objectives in mind. The address was well received in the United States and Allied nations, and even by Bolshevik leader President Wilson at first considered abandoning his speech after Lloyd George delivered a

Wilson , who has helped fire Bournemouth to the top of the Championship with nine goals so far, has been called up by Under 21 boss Gareth Southgate for the first time. Wilson is set for a trial run when England 's young lions take on the Portuguese at Burnley's Turf Moor next Thursday.

AFC Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson has been handed his first senior England call-up by boss Gareth Southgate.

As reported by ITV, the forward’s impressive Premier League form with the Cherries has convinced Southgate to give him a chance.

Wilson has scored six goals and provided four assists in 11 Premier League matches this campaign as the Cherries find themselves 6th in the table.

The 26-year-old has formed a fruitful partnership with Norweigan international Josh King and will be hopeful of making his international debut in the coming weeks.

Wilson receives first England call-up © Catherine Ivill/Getty Images Sport Catherine Ivill/Getty Images Sport

Wilson has previously represented England at U21 level, who were managed by Southgate at the time.

Wilson focused on Cherries form as England calls mount

Wilson focused on Cherries form as England calls mount AFC Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson has reiterated that his focus lies with the Cherries amidst growing calls for him to be called up to the England squad. The Bournemouth Echo write that England assistant manager Steve Holland is believed to have been in attendance as Wilson opened the scoring in Saturday’s 2-1 defeat to Manchester United. That strike was the 26-year-old’s 50th for the club that he joined from Coventry City in 2014 and his sixth of this Premier League season. The forward has played under Three Lions boss Gareth Southgate before, replacing Harry Kane in an England U21 fixture shortly after his switch to the South Coast. However, he is yet to represent his country at senior level, and his form coupled with a lack of striking options give him a strong case for a call-up. After Saturday’s defeat, Wilson said: “I don’t want to talk my way into the squad. I want to play my way in and focus game-by-game here for Bournemouth.” Southgate is expected to name his squad for the upcoming friendly with the USA and Nations League clash with Croatia on Thursday. Cherries boss Eddie Howe also had his say on Wilson and England: “It’s difficult for me to speak on behalf of Gareth. I am sure he and his team will be watching every player that is English and doing well in the Premier League – Callum will definitely come into that bracket.” “He’s a striker in form, is confident at the moment and producing some good performances for us – that is all he can do.

The Community Soup Kitchen of Wilson County received a ton of blessings Friday thanks to Greenfield School students. THUMBS UP to the N.C. Whirligig Festival, which will draw thousands of Wilson County residents and their eastern North Carolina neighbors to downtown Wilson 's historic

Callum Wilson is hoping to earn a call - up to the England squad. Three Lions boss Gareth Southgate handed Wilson his only England U21 cap back in 2014 and the Cherries striker is hoping to make the step up to the senior side when the latest squad is announced on Thursday.

On the inclusion of Wilson, Southgate said:

“He’s a threat in terms of running in behind defences. He’s been involved with either scoring or assists, with a high number of goals this season, so it’s a good opportunity for us to have a look at him and see how he fits into what we do, and for him to get a feel of working with the senior team.”

The Three Lions take on the USA at Wembley Stadium a week today before the UEFA Nations League clash with Croatia three days later.

Wilson will face competition for playing time from Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Danny Welbeck and Wayne Rooney, who is returning to the England set-up solely for the USA clash.

Wilson receives first England call-up © Clive Rose/Getty Images Sport Fulham FC v AFC Bournemouth - Premier League

Eddie Howe addresses Chelsea's reported interest in Callum Wilson.
AFC Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe has dismissed rumours linking striker Callum Wilson with a move to Chelsea, the Bournemouth Echo report. Wilson, who has recently earned his first senior England call up for the fixtures with USA and Croatia, has reportedly been catching the eye of officials from Stamford Bridge after a superb start to the season. The 26-year-old, who scored nine times last season, has already found the back of the net on seven occasions during the current campaign in the Cherries’ fine start in the Premier League. However, despite numerous reports linking the former Coventry striker with a move to the Blues, Howe has since dismissed Wilson leaving the Vitality Stadium, stating he doesn’t want to ‘break’ his current vibrant squad. “Of course not. From my position, sitting here as the manager, I’m looking to build a team.” “I still feel we are a relatively new team with this group of players and the signings we made in the summer.” “I’m really pleased with how the squad is set up and the structure of it and I don’t want to break that.” Wilson recently signed a new deal with his current club until 2022, so if the Blues’ interest is concrete, they may have to part with a large fee in order tempt the athletic forward to Stamford Bridge.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!