•   
  •   

SportChelsea lodge appeal against transfer ban with CAS

12:50  07 june  2019
12:50  07 june  2019 Source:   goal.com

Carvalho pictured with Eden Hazard ahead of potential transfer

Carvalho pictured with Eden Hazard ahead of potential transfer Chelsea appear to be closing in on the signing of Flamengo midfielder Reinier Carvalho after he was pictured with Eden Hazard this week. According to Globo Esporte, a number of clubs are interested in securing a deal for the midfielder, with Chelsea looking to be in the driving seat after this latest development. Twitter: @Cynegeticus @RoyWolterx Chelsea by the looks of it. https://t.co/L8iK5Rv59v (@JimmyDriessen) Carvalho is a Brazil under-17 international and is said to also be attracting interest from the likes of Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund and Manchester City.

Chelsea have formally lodged an appeal with the Court of Arbitration for Sport ( CAS ) against the two-window transfer ban imposed by FIFA. Football's governing body handed down the sanction after finding the Premier League club to have breached regulations relating to the international transfer

Chelsea have formally lodged an appeal with the Court of Arbitration for Sport ( CAS ) against the two-window transfer ban imposed by FIFA. Football's governing body handed down the sanction after finding the Premier League club to have breached regulations relating to the international transfer

Chelsea lodge appeal against transfer ban with CAS © Getty Images Chelsea fans wave flags at Stamford Bridge

Chelsea have formally lodged an appeal with the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) against the two-window transfer ban imposed by FIFA.

Football's governing body handed down the sanction after finding the Premier League club to have breached regulations relating to the international transfer and registration of players aged under 18.

The FIFA Appeal Committee subsequently upheld the decision, barring Chelsea from signing players over the age of 16 until 2020.

Chelsea, who refute all claims of wrongdoing, last month announced their intention to take the matter to CAS and the appeal has now been officially registered.

Higuain open to Chelsea stay if Sarri is at the club

Higuain open to Chelsea stay if Sarri is at the club Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain is open to staying at Chelsea as long as Maurizio Sarri is in charge of the club. According to Calcio Mercato, via The Mirror, Higuain is keen to remain at Stamford Bridge next season, but only if Sarri is still the manager. The report claims that Higuain would be interested in having another chance at Juventus if Sarri decides to leave Chelsea and become the manager of the Italian giants, following the news that Allegri will be leaving at the end of the season.

The Telegraph have confirmed that Chelsea have made an appeal to the CAS over the two-window transfer ban which has been put in force by FIFA. Chelsea were hit with the ban after allegedly breaking rules relating to the signing of underage players.

Chelsea lodged an appeal on Friday at the Court of Arbitration for Sport ( CAS ) in Switzerland against a transfer ban imposed by FIFA, the court said. In February, FIFA banned Chelsea from signing players for their men’s teams for the next two transfer windows after FIFA’s disciplinary committee

However, CAS confirmed to Omnisport that Chelsea have not requested to delay the ban.

"Accordingly, the FIFA decision remains in force," said a CAS spokesperson.

The London outfit completed the signing of Christian Pulisic from Borussia Dortmund prior to receiving the penalty and are expected to imminently finalise the sale of star winger Eden Hazard to Real Madrid.

Maurizio Sarri continues to be linked to the vacant coaching post at Juventus and could see the transfer restrictions as prohibitive to his hopes of further developing a squad that won the Europa League last month.

Chelsea finished third in the Premier League.

Chelsea intend to sign Kovacic permanently.
Chelsea are planning to sign midfielder Mateo Kovacic on a permanent deal from Real Madrid this summer. According to Spanish outlet Marca, via Sport Witness, Chelsea “intend” to complete a move for Kovacic, despite their transfer ban. FIFA have imposed a two-window transfer ban on Chelsea after they breached rules relating to the transfer of youth players. This means that Chelsea are unable to register players for the next two windows – this summer and next January.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 1
This is interesting!