Sport: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities close in on mastermind and motive, ID man they say paid hitmen - - PressFrom - United Kingdom
  •   
  •   

SportDavid Ortiz shooting: Authorities close in on mastermind and motive, ID man they say paid hitmen

16:05  18 june  2019
16:05  18 june  2019 Source:   sportingnews.com

Red Sox bringing David Ortiz back to Boston after shooting

Red Sox bringing David Ortiz back to Boston after shooting Red Sox icon David Ortiz, who underwent surgery following a shooting, is on his way back to Boston.

Authorities in the Dominican Republic say they are closing in on the mastermind and motive behind the shooting of Red Sox baseball great David Ortiz as he recovers in a Gabriel Alexánder Pérez Vizcaíno is accused of being the liaison between the alleged hit men and the person who paid them .

Authorities in the Dominican Republic say they are closing in on the mastermind and motive behind the shooting of Red Sox baseball great David According to documents obtained by The Associated Press, the man , whose real name is Gabriel Alexánder Pérez Vizcaíno, is accused of being the liaison

David Ortiz shooting: Authorities close in on mastermind and motive, ID man they say paid hitmen © Provided by Perform Media Channels Limited

Authorities in the Dominican Republic on Monday said they are closing in on the mastermind and motive behind the shooting of former Red Sox star David Ortiz, The Associated Press reported from Santo Domingo.

Ortiz, 43, continues to recover from his injuries in a Boston hospital.

Two men — one identified by authorities and the other who appeared in court — also were linked Monday to the attempted murder June 9 of the former MLB slugger.

Authorities said they believe Alberto Miguel Rodriguez Mota paid the hitmen, and Gabriel Alexander Perez Vizcaino, nicknamed "Bone," is accused of being the liaison between the Mota and the hitmen, according to court documents from his closed hearing obtained by The AP.

Alleged gunman, four others arrested in connection to David Ortiz shooting, authorities say

Alleged gunman, four others arrested in connection to David Ortiz shooting, authorities say Police said the suspects in the shooting had been hired as hit men to kill Ortiz. Attorney General Jean Alain Rodriguez revealed the suspects were offered 400,000 Dominican pesos (or a little less than $8,000). Almonte showed security camera footage of the shooting and held up a black handgun that was allegedly used in the ambush. According to court documents obtained by the Boston Globe, two men were caught on camera talking in a gray car on a nearby street before they got on a motorcycle to ride towards the bar, where Ortiz was ambushed while out with friends in his native Santo Domingo.

Authorities in the Dominican Republic say they are closing in on the mastermind and motive behind the attempted killing of Red Sox baseball great Authorities said he claimed the phone was giving him problems and that's why he sold it. "He did this upon finding out that police were looking for him

Dominican authorities say they ’ll announce this week who wanted “Big Papi” dead — and why. In a new statement about the botched shooting of In a new statement about the botched shooting of revered former Red Sox slugger David Ortiz , the Dominican Republic’s Attorney General’s office

The former remains a fugitive and the latter was in prison in an unrelated case, according to the report.

Perez, 24, is one of 10 suspects who are in custody, and authorities are looking for at least two others mentioned in the court documents, including the man they accused Monday of paying the alleged hitmen.

Ortiz’s attorney, Jose Martinez Hoepelman, told The AP that he is satisfied with the investigation's progress.

“Trust the authorities,” he said. “They have worked tirelessly to obtain the results that we have so far. We all want more information, but we have to wait.”

Ortiz, a key figure in three Red Sox world championships, lives in Boston but visits his native Dominican Republic several times a year.

He remains in intensive care at Massachusetts General Hospital, where he was transferred after doctors in the Dominican Republic removed his gallbladder and part of his intestines immediately after he was shot.

David Ortiz shooting was a hit gone wrong, police say.
The retired Red Sox star continues to recover from his injuries there, having been moved out of the intensive care unit. Ortiz was a 10-time All-Star who led the Red Sox to three World Series titles.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 0
This is interesting!