Sport: Silva given extension to answer FA charge - PressFrom - United Kingdom
  •   
  •   

Sport Silva given extension to answer FA charge

17:05  09 october  2019
17:05  09 october  2019 Source:   skysports.com

Benfica defend Bernardo Silva over Mendy tweet and question FA charge

  Benfica defend Bernardo Silva over Mendy tweet and question FA charge Bernardo Silva faces a possible ban for a tweet he sent to Benjamin Mendy and former club Benfica have leapt to his defence.Silva has been charged by the Football Association (FA) after likening a picture of a young Mendy to the mascot of Spanish confectionery company Conguitos.

Manchester City's Bernardo Silva has been given an extension to answer the FA misconduct charge over his tweet about team-mate Benjamin Mendy. The Portugal midfielder now has until Monday, October 21 to respond following an application made to the chairman of the judicial panel.

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has been given an extension until Wednesday to answer a Football Association charge of using abusive, insulting or improper language following the victory over Newcastle. The United manager spoke into a camera in Portuguese after his side came from

a baseball player holding a racket © Getty

Manchester City's Bernardo Silva has been given an extension to answer the FA misconduct charge over his tweet about team-mate Benjamin Mendy.

The Portugal midfielder now has until Monday, October 21 to respond following an application made to the chairman of the judicial panel.

Silva, who originally had until Wednesday, October 9 to answer the charge, could face a six-match ban due to the racist connotations of the image he posted to his team-mate.

Watch: 'Bernardo Silva controversy is a learning moment' (Sky Sports)

Silva tweeted a picture of a childhood Mendy alongside one of the brand mascot of Spanish confectionery brand Conguitos on September 22.

Pep comments on Mendy under scrutiny

  Pep comments on Mendy under scrutiny The FA are aware of Pep Guardiola's comments in defence of Bernardo Silva's tweet in reference to Benjamin Mendy, Sky Sports News understands. At this stage it is not clear whether the FA plan any further action against Guardiola, or if his comments will be used in the case against Silva.The Portugal international was charged with misconduct earlier on Wednesday for a tweet in which he compared his black teammate to the Conguitos - a Spanish confectionery brand - character.

Daniel Sturridge has requested an extension to submit his answer to a charge that involves him breaching the Football Association's rules on betting.The Liverpool striker, who had been the subject of an FA investigation for several months, was initially given until 6pm on Tuesday to respond after

Crystal Palace goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey has been granted an extension to answer an FA charge . Hennessey was charged by the FA for allegedly making a gesture, which showed him with an arm raised and a hand over his mouth, in a group photo, which appeared on German team-mate

After criticism, he deleted the post before adding a second tweet that said: "Can't even joke with a friend these days... You Guys...".

Sky Sports News understands that Silva wrote a personal letter to the FA after the governing body made contact with City to seek their observations as part of the investigation.

Watch: Southgate braced for racism threat (Sky Sports)

The letter was supported by a statement issued by Mendy himself, who declared he had not taken any offence over the social media post.

City boss Pep Guardiola also defended Silva on two occasions over the incident, calling him an "exceptional person".

Barnes: Silva tweet was not racist

  Barnes: Silva tweet was not racist John Barnes says accusations of racism aimed at Bernardo Silva are "ridiculous" and insists the Manchester City player has done nothing wrong. Silva tweeted a photo on Sunday, which is believed to be Benjamin Mendy as a child alongside a picture of the logo of Spanish confectionery company Conguitos, with the caption "Guess who?"The Football Association is investigating while Kick It Out says the tweet was discriminatory but Barnes disagrees.

Daniel Sturridge has requested an extension to submit his answer to a charge that involves him breaching the 'He's not in the wrong': Raheem Sterling stands by Man City team-mate Bernardo Silva in wake of racism Daniel Sturridge requests extension to submit answer for breach of betting rules.

Louis van Gaal has been granted a 24-hour extension by the Football Association to respond to the charge of bringing the game into disrepute following a request by Manchester United.

MSN UK is committed to Empowering the Planet and taking urgent action to protect our environment. We’re supporting Friends of the Earth to help solve the climate crisis, please give generously here or find out more about our campaign here.

Slideshow: The largest Premier League winning margins (ReadSport)

a crowd of people watching a football ball: The largest Premier League winning margins

Brexit: Court of Session continues legal challenge until after October 19 deadline .
A legal challenge aimed at forcing Boris Johnson to stick to the Benn Act has been temporarily postponed to allow time to see if the Prime Minister will meet its October 19 deadline. © Provided by Johnston Publishing Ltd Three judges at Scotland’s highest civil court ruled today there was currently no basis on which they could grant either of the pro-Remain campaigners’ requests, and that ordinarily, they would have been refused.But in their statement, the judges added that the political debate must be played out before they could make any final decision.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 0
This is interesting!