Sport: 'We're looking at Cowboy': Dana White reveals UFC are trying to book Conor McGregor's highly-anticipated return to the octagon against Donald Cerrone - - PressFrom - United Kingdom
  •   
  •   

Sport 'We're looking at Cowboy': Dana White reveals UFC are trying to book Conor McGregor's highly-anticipated return to the octagon against Donald Cerrone

13:05  31 october  2019
13:05  31 october  2019 Source:   dailymail.co.uk

Conor McGregor fires back at Dana White after UFC boss claimed he wasn't 'the man' anymore and that Khabib 'calls the shots' now

  Conor McGregor fires back at Dana White after UFC boss claimed he wasn't 'the man' anymore and that Khabib 'calls the shots' now Conor McGregor has fired back at UFC boss Dana White on social media after he claimed the Irishman 'isn't the man anymore.'McGregor lost his last UFC bout to Khabib Nurmagomedov last October and hasn't fought since, leading White to say that Khabib is the new shotcaller in the division.

UFC boss Dana White revealed he is looking to book Conor McGregor ’ s octagon return against Donald ‘ Cowboy ’ Cerrone . But the former featherweight and lightweight champion revealed this month in Moscow that he will make his anticipated cage comeback on January 18 in Las Vegas.

UFC president Dana White confirms the promotion would like to book Conor McGregor against Donald On Wednesday, UFC president Dana White confirmed the promotion is currently looking at “ We have nothing done,” White revealed when speaking to TMZ. “Nothing is even close to being

  'We're looking at Cowboy': Dana White reveals UFC are trying to book Conor McGregor's highly-anticipated return to the octagon against Donald Cerrone © Gregory Payan/AP Photo

UFC chief Dana White has confirmed the promotion is trying to arrange Conor McGregor's highly-anticipated return to the octagon against Donald Cerrone.

The 31-year-old Irishman has not fought in UFC since being beaten by Russia's Khabib Nurmagomedov in Las Vegas over a year ago.

However, he has now confirmed he is returning to action in Vegas on January 18 but no opponent has been confirmed.

Conor McGregor wearing a suit and tie: Dana White says Conor McGregor's return to UFC could be against Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone © Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Dana White says Conor McGregor's return to UFC could be against Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone

Speaking to TMZ Sports, White said although a deal is yet to be stuck Cerrone remains the No 1 candidate.

UFC star Conor McGregor donates £10,000 towards life-changing treatment for one-year baby girl in Ireland with rare genetic condition

  UFC star Conor McGregor donates £10,000 towards life-changing treatment for one-year baby girl in Ireland with rare genetic condition MMA superstar McGregor has given his support to the Hope For Evie campaign, which is raising funds for the one-year-old with a rare genetic condition.MMA superstar McGregor has given his support to the Hope For Evie campaign, by pledging a large donation.

CONOR McGREGOR facing Donald Cerrone on his octagon return “makes sense” according to UFC president Dana White . Earlier in the year the UFC had plans to have McGregor face Cerrone upon his return to actionCredit Cerrone hints at taking on McGregor in January on UFC legend' s return .

Conor McGregor told us to ask the UFC who his opponent will be on Jan. 18 so we did. And, Dana White says the fighter they' re targeting is Donald " Cowboy " Cerrone . But, there' s a HUGE catch Dana tells TMZ Sports the deal isn't done yet -- not even close. " We have nothing done, nothing is

He said: 'We have nothing done. Nothing is even close to being done, so I hate to even talk about this stuff and say it because it might not happen.

'It might happen, but we're looking at Cowboy (Cerrone).

Watch: Conor McGregor's career timeline (The Independent)

'No3 vs No5, January 18 at the T-Mobile [Arena] in Las Vegas.'

When announcing his return to UFC earlier this month in a press conference, provocatively held in Nurmagomedov's native Russia, the 'Notorious' said: 'I am going to go through the entire roster like a chainsaw through butter.' 

A rematch with Khabib, who has since defended the lightweight title against Dustin Poirier, is expected to be made at some point. 

BREAKING NEWS: Conor McGregor to make UFC return on January 18

  BREAKING NEWS: Conor McGregor to make UFC return on January 18 Former two-weight UFC champion Conor McGregor will return to the octagon in Las Vegas in January.Former two-weight world champion McGregor told a news conference in Moscow his comeback will take place at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas next year.

CONOR McGREGOR ’ S return to the octagon will not be against veteran Donald Cerrone , confirmed UFC president Dana White . In a later interview with ESPN, White revealed McGregor , 30, wants an immediate rematch with Nurmagomedov, 30, leaving Cerrone in line to fight fellow fan favourite Al

White confirmed the UFC is looking at booking McGregor vs. Cerrone in an interview with TMZ. McGregor hasn’t fought since October 2018, when he was submitted by UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov. He ran into legal troubles this year that postponed his return to the Octagon

McGregor hasn't fought since being choked out by Khabib at the T-Mobile Arena last October © Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited McGregor hasn't fought since being choked out by Khabib at the T-Mobile Arena last October And McGregor took aim at his bitter rival. 'It will happen. I am not waiting around for that man, he is a known pull-out,' he added. 

'You can run but you cannot hide. He ran out of the press conference in Moscow last week. It is in his nature. Trust me I am coming for him.

'Where is he now in this country? I fly in, he flies out. Typical.'

MSN UK is committed to Empowering the Planet and taking urgent action to protect our environment. We’re supporting Friends of the Earth to help solve the climate crisis, please give generously here or find out more about our campaign here.

Slideshow: Barcelona's £267 fine and other paltry sporting punishments (ReadSport)

a crowd of people watching a football game: Barcelona's €300 fine and some other terrible sporting punishments

McGregor wants to 'move on' after DNA paternity test .
MMA fighter Conor McGregor has broken his silence on the DNA test which proves he is not father to a child in the UK. As revealed in the Irish Independent, a DNA test conclusively confirmed the 31-year-old was not the father of Clodagh Murray, who will turn two in January. McGregor's representative said he was pleased to be able to end the story that had followed him around for almost two years. "To conclusively end any and all erroneous media reports, Conor McCregor took a DNA test recently which confirmed to all parties that he is not the father of the child in Liverpool," it said.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 3
This is interesting!