Sport Man Utd and Liverpool's battle for £90m loan signing takes unexpected twist as Ismaila Sarr claim labelled 'hogwash' and West Ham eye Swansea City defender
Man Utd make contact to sign £36m star as transfer battle with Liverpool unfolds and Tottenham talent forces ex-Leeds man to move
All the very latest transfer news from across the Premier League and beyondManchester United have reportedly opened talks to sign Watford's Ismaila Sarr.
Here's your round-up of all the latest transfer news and rumours from across the Premier League for Wednesday, September 23.
Dembele turns down Man Utd and Liverpool
Man Utd and Liverpool's hopes of signing £90m Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele on loan have hit a problem, according to reports.
Both clubs have reportedly been closing on on a loan deal with an option to buy, with United in particular said to have progressed talks in recent days.
Man Utd defender Smalling could return to Roma 'in next few days' - Fonseca
Chris Smalling starred on loan for Roma last term and head coach Paulo Fonseca is hopeful of re-signing the defender from Manchester United.Smalling impressed during his season on loan in the Italian capital last season, playing 37 times as Roma finished fifth in the league and reached the Europa League quarter-finals.
But, speaking on the Here We Go Podcast, respected journalist Fabrizio Romano claimed Dembele has made it clear to both clubs he wants to remain at Barcelona for now. Romano claimed that Klopp was ‘convinced’ that Liverpool could agree a loan deal with Barcelona, which would include an option to buy, but Dembele doesn't want to leave after talks with new boss Ronald Koeman.
Dembele has struggled with injuries since he joined Barcelona from Borussia Dortmund in a £135.5m deal in 2017.
West Ham eye Rodon
West Ham United have reportedly taken a look at Swansea City centre-back Joe Rodon.
claims the Wales international is just one of several targets looked at by the Hammers this summer, although he is likely to be seen as an 'expensive option'.
Runar Alex Runarsson arrives at Arsenal as Mikel Arteta hints another transfer will follow
Billie Eilish's brother Finneas O'Connell doesn't want either of them to release their new albums during the coronavirus pandemic because he'd rather it was a celebration when they do come out.
Rodon has previously been linked with a big money move with Manchester United, with Swansea likely to demand around £20m for the centre-back.
However, there is little sign of a concrete approach at this stage.
Liverpool bid for Sarr denied
Liverpool have not submitted a bid for Watford's Ismaila Sarr.
Recent reports had initially claimed that the Reds had agreed a fee of between £32m and £36m for the 22-year old.
However,now claims Liverpool have not even submitted a bid for the highly-rated forward.
Journalist Alex Crook said: “There are reports in France that Watford have agreed a fee with Liverpool to sell Ismaila Sarr.
“I’ve taken that up with my contacts at the club, and that has been described as ‘hogwash’.
Aston Villa are also said to be preparing a bid.
Burnley open talks for Wilson
Burnley are reportedly in talks with Liverpool over a deal for Wales winger Harry Wilson.
Liverpool agree £36m striker fee as Aston Villa look to gazump deal and former Cardiff City man on the move again
Catch up with all the latest transfer news and and rumours from across the Championship for Tuesday, September 22. Man United receive boost in Brooks chase Manchester United have received a boost in their chase for Bournemouth star David Brooks. The Cherries' relegation from the Premier League has sparked questions over a number of their first team stars, with Callum Wilson and Nathan Ake already heading out the door. Brooks could yet be the next big name to depart, although his alleged £50m price tag suggests Bournemouth are desperate to keep him at the Vitality Stadium.
Wilson is one of several players likely to be shown the exit at Anfield this summer, and has previously attracted interest from Leeds United and Aston Villa.
However, the Press Association now claims that the Clarets have made contact with the Premier League champions, adding "there is a degree of confidence that a move will happen".
Video: CHELSEA STRIKER TIMO WERNER PREVIEWS LIVERPOOL TEST IN PREMIER LEAGUE (Mirror)
Sancho, Burki contract respiratory infections but test negative for COVID-19 .
Jadon Sancho and Roman Burki will not play in the DFL-Supercup due to respiratory illnesses, Borussia Dortmund say.The pair will not travel to Munich for Wednesday's DFL-Supercup against Bayern Munich after developing the infections.