•   
  •   

Sport Conte anxious for transfer window to close: It can create worries for players

18:45  29 september  2020
18:45  29 september  2020 Source:   goal.com

Serie A: Are Inter ready to end Juventus' dominance?

  Serie A: Are Inter ready to end Juventus' dominance? Inter finished just one point behind a faltering Juventus side in 2019-20. Can the Nerazzurri finally end the Bianconeri's dominance?Antonio Conte's side had looked like genuine title challengers in the first half of the season, yet a poor run pre-lockdown saw them all but fall out of contention before a late charge – combined with Juve's inconsistencies – made things tight after the title was already wrapped up.

Antonio Conte wearing a suit and tie talking on a cell phone: Inter boss Antonio Conte © Getty Images Inter boss Antonio Conte

Inter coach Antonio Conte is anxious for the transfer window to close because it can cause worries for players while it is open.

The Nerazzurri began the 2020-21 Serie A season with a 4-3 win over a Franck Ribery-inspired Fiorentina on Saturday, with late goals courtesy of Romelu Lukaku and Danilo D'Ambrosio completing a dramatic turnaround.

While the win highlighted their effectiveness in attack, it did raise some questions regarding the defence – though Conte does not seem to think there is a great need to make changes.

Inter need to improve! Conte's warning after seven-goal Fiorentina classic

  Inter need to improve! Conte's warning after seven-goal Fiorentina classic Antonio Conte was swept along with the drama of a San Siro battle against Fiorentina, but he said Inter must improve on the defensive side.Inter came from behind with two goals in the final five minutes of a wild game in their season opener against Fiorentina at San Siro on Saturday.

After all, when asked about transfers on Tuesday ahead of the trip to Benevento, Conte was completely dismissive, stating he would rather the transfer window was not even open for the good of the players.

Inter striker Lautaro Martinez had been linked to Barcelona, although that has since gone quiet, while Milan Skriniar could join Tottenham after not proving an ideal fit for Conte's defensive structure.

When asked if he anticipated seeing a "different Inter" after the final week of the transfer window, Conte told reporters: "It would be fairer for the directors to answer that.

"I, like all coaches, can't wait for this transfer period to end. As long as it remains open, it can often create anxieties and worries for the players.

"I hope for that [the window to close]. The rest is for the thoughts of the executives, who are trying to do their job in the best way."

Is it time for Chelsea to cash in on N'Golo Kante this summer?

  Is it time for Chelsea to cash in on N'Golo Kante this summer? Indefatigable, indomitable, invulnerable, the Frenchman has so often performed the duties of two men in the Chelsea midfield. But would this be the right moment for the Blues to move him on?Indefatigable, indomitable, invulnerable, the Frenchman has so often performed the duties of two men in the Chelsea midfield.

Radja Nainggolan, who returned from a loan spell with Cagliari last season, is among those seemingly most likely to leave Inter, though Conte again showed no interest in the topic.

"I repeat, ask the directors about signings and sales," he said. "It does not seem correct to me to talk about individuals. These are questions to be asked exclusively to those who deal with them."

But Conte was a little more forthcoming regarding his next opponents, who are coached by a man he knows well: fellow "football addict" Filippo Inzaghi.

"I expect a tough game. Last year they won Serie B with many games to spare," he said. "Inzaghi was a team-mate of mine, I know what he can give to the team.

"I'm happy for him and how he started. His guys in Marassi [the 3-2 win at Sampdoria] showed character. Great attention will be needed.

"As I said before, I had the pleasure of playing with [Inzaghi] both in Juventus and in the national team. We have shared many emotions for years.

Antoine Conte tried in January for aggravated violence

 Antoine Conte tried in January for aggravated violence © Supplied by Sofoot Antonio fans can be reassured: there is no typo. Author of an assault with a baseball bat in December 2016 , Antoine Conte will soon go to court. The defender trained at PSG, player of the Stade de Reims between 2013 and 2017, will indeed be tried on January 26 for aggravated violence, as reported by L'Union . In February 2017, Conte apologized to the victim as well as to the Champagne club, expressing his regret over the facts with which he is accused.

"He is passionate, a football addict like me. He studies football and I was sure he would do well. I'm happy for him."


Gallery: Does Henderson start? Does Minamino get the nod? Liverpool's predicted XI for the clash with Leeds (Read Sport)

a man with a football ball: Liverpool Predicted XI: Leeds United (H)

EastEnders: News of Leo's death spreads .
Who is under suspicion?

usr: 0
This is interesting!