•   
  •   

Sport Coronavirus scare disrupted Dybala contract talks – Juve chief Paratici

22:50  25 october  2020
22:50  25 october  2020 Source:   goal.com

Chelsea 'eyeing swoop for Juventus star Paulo Dybala'

  Chelsea 'eyeing swoop for Juventus star Paulo Dybala' Paulo Dybala has yet to make an appearance for Juventus this season after his injury against Lyon in August and his fitness issues means he has fallen down the pecking order at the club.The Argentina forward has fallen out of favour under Juventus boss Andrea Pirlo, with his fitness issues starting to become a problem after failing to make an appearance this season.

Juventus are keen to renew Paulo Dybala's contract, but managing director Fabio Paratici revealed the club's coronavirus scare made negotiations difficult.

Paulo Dybala with a football ball on a field: Paulo Dybala celebrates a goal for Juventus © Getty Images Paulo Dybala celebrates a goal for Juventus

Dybala has two years remaining on his existing deal in Turin but an extension has long been mooted, with the Bianconeri said to be discussing an agreement until 2025.

But no clarity has been forthcoming in the opening weeks of the 2020-21 season.

Paratici is not overly concerned, though, explaining the reason for the delay.

"We're in talks to extend Paulo's contract," he told Sky Sport Italia. "He wants to stay and we want to keep him - he's part of our future.

'We won't break the law': Burnham would accept Tier 3 if imposed on Greater Manchester

  'We won't break the law': Burnham would accept Tier 3 if imposed on Greater Manchester Andy Burnham says he will keep to the law and "accept" Tier 3 coronavirus restrictions for Greater Manchester if the government imposes them. The region's mayor told Sky News it was ministers' "prerogative" to announce the measures, if negotiations over the next few hours end in stalemate.

"It has been a tricky period because we were locked in the hotel for two weeks due to the COVID scare and not allowed to meet anyone.


Video: The 21-man squad for Borussia Mönchengladbach clash (Real Madrid)

"But we'll continue the negotiations to find an agreement."

Juve were forced into "fiduciary isolation" earlier this month after two staff members tested positive for COVID-19.

Cristiano Ronaldo has also been missing in recent weeks having contracted the virus on international duty.

The absence of the Juve number seven allowed Dybala to come into the team against Hellas Verona on Sunday for his first start and just second overall appearance of the new campaign.

Dybala made his return off the bench against Dynamo Kiev in the Champions League, and Paratici said ahead of Sunday's game: "Paulo is in better shape physically now.

"Let's not forget he was out for two months with a muscular injury, then had a gastrointestinal infection in Argentina.

"It's right that he now has the opportunity to start after a few run-outs."

Ferencvaros 1-4 Juventus: Morata at the double as Ronaldo closes in on Casillas' record .
Alvaro Morata and Paulo Dybala struck in an easy win as Cristiano Ronaldo appeared in an 18th successive Champions League campaign.Having missed Juve's opening two Group G games – a win over Dynamo Kyiv and a defeat to Barcelona – due to testing positive for coronavirus, Ronaldo, who scored twice on his return to Serie A action against Spezia, closed in on Iker Casillas' record of appearing in 20 successive Champions League seasons when he started in Budapest.

usr: 0
This is interesting!