Sport "I'm sure...": Teasing January transfer claim emerges that'll have Celtic fans buzzing - opinion
Teasing January transfer claim emerges that will delight Celtic fans - opinion
Charlie Nicholas has dropped a claim on Celtic's potential business over the remainder of the January transfer window. What’s been said? Writing recently in the column for The Scottish Daily Express, the former Celtic centre-forward stated his belief that, despite recently missing out on the signing of Riley McGree and claiming that he has nothing currently in the pipeline regarding transfers, Ange Postecoglou is not done yet this month – particularly if the 56-year-old can cut loose a number of the Bhoys’ fringe players.
Alan Hutton has dropped a teasing claim regarding Ange Postecoglou’s remaining January transfer business at Celtic.
What’s been said?
In a recent interview with, the former Premier League defender stated his belief that, despite the Hoops already signing five players this month, the Bhoys boss could still look to make further additions to his Parkhead playing ranks before the closure of the current market.
Speaking about Celtic’s transfer business, Hutton said: “He’s outlined his targets, got them in early – and he’s been proved right with their performances. He’s done a brilliant job. The ideal situation is to get them in early doors so you can mould and work with the players.
'I understand...' - Kieran Devlin makes Celtic claim regarding 'really important' Ange signing
The Athletic‘s Celtic correspondent Kieran Devlin has refused to rule out the possibility of Johnny Kenny breaking into the first team before the end of the campaign. The Lowdown: Kenny arrival The Hoops pipped Hibernian to Kenny’s services earlier this month, with the 18-year-old joining from Sligo Rovers in a deal worth £135,000. Hailed as […]The Hoops pipped Hibernian to Kenny’s services earlier this month, with the 18-year-old joining from Sligo Rovers in a deal worth £135,000.
“Whether they’re done in the transfer window, I’m not so sure… I’m sure if there’s a deal to be had and somebody pops up to improve the squad – I’m sure they’ll pull the trigger. He’s outlined the main areas in his squad that he wanted to improve and Postecoglou has delivered right away – so fair play.”
Fans will be buzzing
Postecoglou has alreadyDaizen Maeda, Reo Hatate, Yosuke Ideguchi, Johnny Kenny and Matt O’Riley so far this month, and should he have more irons in the fire regarding January signings – as Hutton suggests – it would undoubtedly be an outcome which would leave the Parkhead faithful buzzing.
Indeed, the Hoops have been linked with a number of further targets this month, such asand , as well as trying to make both and ‘s loan deals permanent transfers.
7 Leigh Griffiths post Celtic transfer options from Sydney to Saughton Enclosure as he reaches career crossroads
The striker is set to have his Parkhead contract ripped up while on loan at Dens Park. The 31-year-old will remain at Dundee on loan until the end of the transfer window but his Parkhead contract will then be ripped up.
Also, Pete O’Rourke has stated his belief in a recent interview withthat Celtic could still do with greater depth in midfield. The journalist said: “I think central midfield is the priority for Celtic right now.”
However, unless Celtic can offload some of their fringe players in the next few days, it would appear a rather unlikely scenario that Postecoglou continues to bring in further fresh faces to Parkhead. Still, considering how quickly the O’Riley deal came about, perhaps Hutton could be right in his prediction.
In other news:
Celtic dealt huge blow as fresh twist emerges on 24 y/o, Postecoglou will be fuming - opinion .
Celtic have been dealt a huge blow regarding the availability of Daizen Maeda. What’s the latest? According to a recent report by Sky Sports, the 24-year-old has been called up by Japan for their World Cup qualifying fixtures against China on January 27 and Saudi Arabia on February 1. The report added that the centre-forward […]According to a recent report by Sky Sports, the 24-year-old has been called up by Japan for their World Cup qualifying fixtures against China on January 27 and Saudi Arabia on February 1.