UK News: Man injured in ‘homophobic’ machete attack in London - PressFrom - United Kingdom
  •   
  •   

UK NewsMan injured in ‘homophobic’ machete attack in London

22:55  23 july  2019
22:55  23 july  2019 Source:   pinknews.co.uk

Paw Patrol: Garda carries injured dog 1km to safety after cliff fall

Paw Patrol: Garda carries injured dog 1km to safety after cliff fall Paw Patrol: Garda carries injured dog 1km to safety after cliff fall

Ibraima Touray-Drammeh, 17, attacked Nathan Hale with a machete in broad daylight causing a 20cm gash The fight started when the attacker threw a homophobic slur at Mr Hale. It ended with the Judge Adrienne Lucking said: "This is what happens when you carry weapons in public and injure

The attack was widely condemned as Melania described how she and her girlfriend were surrounded by the "hooligans" and punched while on the Melania, who works as cabin crew for Ryanair and is studying medicine, said she used to feel safe in London before the sickening attackCredit: Facebook.

Man injured in ‘homophobic’ machete attack in London © Provided by PinkNews Media Group

A man has been hospitalised after a violent machete attack in south-east London, which police believe may have had homophobic motives.

The victim was assaulted outside a Sainsbury’s supermarket on Surrey Quays Road, Southwark at 3.12pm on Tuesday (July 23).

A man struck his leg with a machete, causing serious injuries, and the victim was rushed to hospital via air ambulance. Police are still searching for the attacker, who is said to have fled the scene on a motorbike.

A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said: “Officers attended and found a man with a wound to his leg. He was taken by London ambulance service to a south London hospital.

At least 23 feared dead in suspected arson attack on animation studio

At least 23 feared dead in suspected arson attack on animation studio At least 23 people are feared to have died and dozens more have been injured in a fire at an animation studio in the Japanese city of Kyoto. Fire department official Satoshi Fujiwara said several other people were missing. Kyodo news agency reported that the bodies of up to 10 people were found on the second floor of the building, citing police. © Reuters Officials believe petrol was used to start the blaze The blaze broke out at 10:30am local time on Thursday after a man burst into Kyoto Animation and reportedly shouted "die!" as he poured what appeared to be petrol around the studio.

A MAN has been killed in a " machete " attack in the latest tragedy of the capital's knife crime epidemic. The victim, believed to be in his mid-40s, was But Scotland Yard is currently treating the death as unexplained while investigators establish whether or not the victim's fatal injuries were recent or

London Ambulance Service attended and the man was taken to a hospital. He has since been discharged. A second man with the victim, aged 18 The Community Safety Unit on Kingston Borough is investigating and is treating the attack as a homophobic hate crime. At this early stage, it is

“The suspect is believed to have left the scene on a motorbike. At this time police believe there may be a homophobic motive for the attack.”

A crime scene remains in place and no arrests have yet been made, Scotland Yard added.

Surge in LGBT+ hate crimes continues

As the number of LGBT+ hate crimes in England and Wales has more than doubled, London has been in the spotlight for several homophobic attacks in recent months.

Police are still investigating another alleged homophobic assault which took place in south-east London last week.

A 29-year-old man was attacked in Denmark Hill just after 3am on Sunday (July 14) and left with head injuries. Police are treating this as a homophobic assault in light of comments made prior to the attack.

And just last month, a brutal attack on a lesbian couple on a bus sparked a national discussion about how LGBT+ people often feel unsafe in public spaces.

Australian police search for two Irish men after two others seriously injured in car crash.
The crash happened in the early hours of Saturday morning. It is understood that at least two of the men involved in the crash are originally from Co Donegal. One of the injured men, a 25-year-old, was left unconscious having suffered serious injuries. He was taken to St George’s Hospital where he is in a critical but stable condition. The other trapped passenger, a 27-year-old man, was taken to the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, where he is in a serious but stable condition.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 0
This is interesting!