UK News: Man accused of launching attacks at kebab shop worker in Belfast - - PressFrom - United Kingdom
  •   
  •   

UK News Man accused of launching attacks at kebab shop worker in Belfast

19:55  02 october  2019
19:55  02 october  2019 Source:   belfastlive.co.uk

Former British soldier pleads not guilty to attempted murder during Troubles

  Former British soldier pleads not guilty to attempted murder during Troubles Dennis Hutchings, a former member of the Life Guards regiment, is to stand trial in Belfast in March in relation to a fatal shooting in 1974.Dennis Hutchings, 78, a former member of the Life Guards regiment, is due to stand trial in Belfast in March in relation to the fatal shooting in 1974.

A MAN allegedly held a knife to a kebab shop worker 's throat and threatened to break his pacemaker over a £300 debt, a court has heard. Qader Nazeti is further accused of returning to the fast-food outlet in Belfast city centre less than 48 hours later to launch a second attack as the victim tried to

He alleged the doorman, who works at a south Belfast bar, grabbed and held him while he was in a queue for food. Mr Neeson said he needed treatment for neck and shoulder injuries at Wilson told the court he had been asked to cover the door on the kebab shop where up to 30 people were gathered.

a hand holding a knife: Stock image © Getty Stock image

A man accused of holding a knife to a kebab shop worker’s throat over a £300 debt allegedly vowed to keep targeting the premises for up to 50 years, the High Court heard yesterday.

Prosecutors claimed Qader Nazeti, 19, launched two attacks at the fast-food outlet in Belfast city centre within a matter of hours.

He was said to have threatened to break the victim’s pacemaker, and also attempt to smash his way inside as the employee erected a barricade.

Nazeti, an Afghan national with an address at Cavendish Square in Belfast, was refused bail. He faces charges of burglary with intent to inflict grievous bodily harm, threats to kill, assault occasioning actual bodily harm, criminal damage and possessing offensive weapons - namely a knife and a metal bar.

World War 2 bomb found in North Belfast sparks police alert

  World War 2 bomb found in North Belfast sparks police alert "They don't think it'll take too long and they're trying to limit disruption as much as possible"Police and ATO are at the scene on the Oldpark Road on Monday afternoon.

He insisted the attack was unprovoked and rejected claims that he held his phone up to take photos of Wilson. During cross-examination by defence Wilson told the court he had been asked to cover the door on the kebab shop where up to 30 people were gathered. He also claimed to have tried to break

Kebab Shop Fight - Продолжительность: 1:35 Streetwise Tactics 16 914 просмотров. Beef At My Local Kebab Shop - Yardie Man Vs Turks LOOOL ( Mr.Chippy Leytonstone ) - Продолжительность: 0:51 MightyMarcusLifestyle 464 467 просмотров.

The alleged offences relate to two separate encounters on September 16 and 18 at the kebab shop on Upper Arthur Street.

Referring to the first incident, Crown lawyer Conor Maguire claimed Nazeti followed the victim into the kitchen area, grabbed him by the chest where a pacemaker is fitted, and stated: “I’m going to break it, you’re dead.”

The accused then allegedly picked up a serrated knife and held it close to the man’s throat as he tried to back away. Nazeti was arrested and later released on condition that he kept away from the shop.

But within hours he returned as the employee was locking up the shutters and kicked the glass door until it smashed, according to the prosecution. A chair placed in front of the entrance was allegedly knocked away, striking and inflicting a cut on the man. The court was told when Nazeti was detained again he told a custody sergeant: “I will kill him”.

West Belfast house search leads to three arrests

  West Belfast house search leads to three arrests A search was carried out on Sunday Detectives from the PSNI's Terrorism Investigation Unit carried out a search of a property on Sunday in Glenbawn.

The man apparently seemed 'inebriated'. Police were called but the kebab shop owner didn't want to press charges.

Sickening moment a kebab shop worker is knocked unconscious in one-punch attack after 'drunk Kebab shop worker , 31, was knocked unconscious in Windsor, Melbourne The worker was attacked by one of four men who had entered the shop

During interviews he stated that he would keep harassing the injured party until a debt is repaid. Opposing bail, Mr Maguire contended: “The applicant said if it took him 50 years to get his money back he would continue damaging the kebab shop.”

Patrick Taylor, defending, confirmed the alleged offences relate to a £300 debt.

“He has become frustrated as he’s a man of limited means and it was a significant sum outstanding,” the barrister added.

Ruling that Nazeti must remain in custody, Mr Justice Huddleston cited risks of re-offending and interference with a witness.

The judge pointed out: “The second alleged set of offences happened virtually instantaneously on being released.”

For more of today's top stories in Belfast and beyond, click here.

Keep up-to-date with all the very latest news, what's on, sport and everything else in Belfast and beyond with the Belfast Live app.

Only select news that interests you by picking the topics you want to display on the app's homepage. Plus, our enhanced user experience includes live blogs, video, interactive maps and slick picture galleries. Download it now and get involved .

Click here to get it from the App Store or here for Google Play .

Man who 'ran at Housing Executive employee with a knife' spared jail .
The worker feared he was going to to be stabbed, the court was toldThe Housing Executive employee feared he was going to be stabbed by Philip Haslem whilst he attended a repair job in the Ashfield Gardens area of Belfast last July.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 1
This is interesting!