•   
  •   

UK News Andrew project suffers sponsorship blow amid Epstein statement calls

10:40  19 november  2019
10:40  19 november  2019 Source:   msn.com

Duke of York 'lacking in compassion' for Epstein's victims

  Duke of York 'lacking in compassion' for Epstein's victims The Duke of York is "utterly lacking in compassion" for the victims of billionaire paedophile Jeffrey Epstein. Those are the words from a lawyer acting for five of those victims a day after Prince Andrew spoke publicly for the first time about allegations surrounding his friendship with the disgraced American.The Duke of York was interviewed on the BBC's Newsnight about his links to the convicted paedophile, who died in prison earlier this year, and allegations that he had sex with a 17-year-old girl.

Andrew ’s decision to maintain a personal relationship with Epstein even after he was convicted of soliciting sex from a minor has attracted a storm of criticism. “KPMG’s sponsorship contract with Pitch@Palace finished at the end of October,” a palace spokesperson said. Created with Sketch.

Media captionPrince Andrew on Epstein : 'There was no indication, absolutely no indication'. KPMG has not renewed its sponsorship of the Duke of York's Amid the backlash from the BBC's interview on Saturday, Prince Andrew is facing renewed calls to tell US authorities about his friendship with US

a person sitting in a living room filled with furniture and a rug: The Duke of York speaking about his links to Jeffrey Epstein in an interview with BBC Newsnight’s Emily Maitlis (Mark Harrison/BBC) © Mark Harrison/BBC The Duke of York speaking about his links to Jeffrey Epstein in an interview with BBC Newsnight’s Emily Maitlis (Mark Harrison/BBC)

The Duke of York has been dealt a major blow after a sponsor of his flagship business project said it was not renewing support – as calls continued for him to make a statement about Jeffrey Epstein.

Andrew is facing the embarrassing prospect of charities and institutions he is associated with distancing themselves, as lawyers for the convicted sex offender’s victims urged him to tell US authorities what he knows.

The duke was caught up in further controversy when a newspaper columnist claimed Andrew used a racially-offensive word during a Buckingham Palace meeting in 2012.

Alleged Epstein victim calls on Prince Andrew to speak to US law officials

  Alleged Epstein victim calls on Prince Andrew to speak to US law officials A woman who claims to have been trafficked and abused by billionaire sex offender Jeffrey Epstein has called on Prince Andrew to speak to US law officials. She did not make allegations against Prince Andrew directly, but said the duke and "any others who are close to Epstein should come forward and give a statement under oath on what information they have".The unnamed woman spoke at a press conference in Los Angeles alongside lawyer Gloria Allred, who represents a number of alleged victims of the disgraced billionaire.

Jeffrey Edward Epstein (/ˈɛpstiːn/ EP-steen; January 20, 1953 – August 10, 2019) was an American financier and convicted sex offender.

PRINCE ANDREW broke his silence amid allegations of sex with a minor during his friendship with disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein . Prince Andrew has strongly denied claims that he had sex with Epstein accuser Virginia Giuffre (Image: GETTY).

The Queen and other senior royals are said to “back and believe” Andrew’s defence of himself in the BBC interview “100%”, sources told the Evening Standard.

One alleged Epstein victim gave an emotional account of her ordeal as she launched a civil lawsuit against the sex offender’s estate and made a direct appeal to the duke after her lawyer, Gloria Allred, called on him to make a statement.

The 31-year-old – known only as Jane Doe 15 – said: “I would also like to say I agree with Gloria that Prince Andrew, and any others that are close to Epstein, should come forward and give a statement under oath on what information they have.”

The fall-out from Andrew’s Newsnight appearance has already begun, with the Outward Bound Trust, which the duke supports as patron, saying it will hold a board meeting in the next few days when members will discuss issues raised by Saturday’s interview.

Andrew project suffers sponsorship blow amid Epstein statement calls

  Andrew project suffers sponsorship blow amid Epstein statement calls The Duke of York has been dealt a major blow after a sponsor of his flagship business project said it was not renewing support - as calls continued for him to make a statement about Jeffrey Epstein.The duke was caught up in further controversy when a newspaper columnist claimed Andrew used a racially-offensive word during a Buckingham Palace meeting in 2012.

Prince Andrew , the Duke of York, has found himself at the center of controversy surrounding his relationship with disgraced American financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein , who died in an apparent suicide in a New York City federal jail in August. In an exclusive televised interview with

Andrew Epstein is a Professor in the English Department at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida. He is the author of Beautiful Enemies: Friendship and Postwar American Poetry (Oxford University Press), which focuses on Frank O’Hara, John Andrew Epstein . Menu. Skip to content.

The student jury at Huddersfield University, where Andrew is chancellor, passed a motion to lobby the duke to resign, with a full statement expected from the Students’ Union on Tuesday.

KPMG’s sponsorship contract with Andrew’s Pitch@Palace, a mentoring scheme for tech start-ups and entrepreneurs, expired at the end of October and will not be renewed, a source told the PA news agency.

A spokesman for Buckingham Palace said: “KPMG’s contract with Pitch@Palace ended at the end of October. A full programme of Pitch@Palace events is continuing across the United Kingdom.”

Pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca told the Daily Telegraph it is also reviewing its future with the mentoring scheme: “Our three-year partnership with Pitch@Palace is due to expire at the end of this year and is currently being reviewed.”

Andrew’s appearance on Newsnight to explain his friendship with the convicted sex offender and deny allegations of having sex with an under-age teenager has been widely condemned, but the duke is said to being standing by his decision to put his side of the story.

Prince Andrew Scandal Rolls On With Accusations Of Racist Comments

  Prince Andrew Scandal Rolls On With Accusations Of Racist Comments Mandatory Credit: Photo by Shutterstock (10470570au) Princess Anne, Camilla Duchess of Cornwall, Prince Andrew, Prince Harry, Meghan Duchess of Sussex and Boris Johnson attend the annual Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall Royal British Legion Festival Of Remembrance, Royal Albert Hall, London, UK – 09 Nov 2019 It’s not the first time this week that Prince Andrew is making headlines for all the wrong reasons. Following a disastrous interview on BBC’s Newsnight about his long term friendship with Jeffrey Epstein, new allegations emerged on Monday that Prince Andrew used the n-word during a 2012 meeting with political aide Rohan Silva.

A Jeffrey Epstein accuser has shown her face for the first time and launched a child sexual abuse lawsuit The victim was one of a string of Epstein accusers who shared impact statements in New York federal However, Prince Andrew has denied knowing about Epstein 's alleged sex trafficking.

Prince Andrew out in the cold: Leading businesses including KPMG and Aon distance themselves from the Duke's entrepreneur scheme over his links to the Jeffery Andrew appeared on BBC Newsnight to answer questions about his relationship with Epstein , a paedophile billionaire who killed himself in jail.

Prince Andrew, Duke of York et al. wearing costumes: The Queen reportedly gave the green light for the Duke of York’s television interview (Victoria Jones/PA) © Provided by The Press Association The Queen reportedly gave the green light for the Duke of York’s television interview (Victoria Jones/PA)

US lawyer Spencer Kuvin, who represents a woman who claims she was a victim of Epstein, told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme that Andrew should come forward to help the ongoing investigation into the disgraced American financier.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson was asked if he would encourage Andrew to co-operate with US authorities about his knowledge of the disgraced financier’s activities but he brushed the question off, during an election campaign event at the CBI annual conference, saying “nice try there”.

It also emerged on Monday that Virginia Giuffre has given an interview to BBC’s Panorama.

PA understands that the 35-year-old reiterated her claims that she slept with Andrew when she was just 17 after being trafficked by Epstein.

The interview, which was filmed three weeks ago, is due to be broadcast in the coming weeks.

A spokesman for the BBC said: “We never comment on investigations.”

BT and universities cut ties with Andrew after Epstein interview

  BT and universities cut ties with Andrew after Epstein interview BT and three Australian universities have joined the list of organisations distancing themselves from Prince Andrew after his interview about his relationship with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. Telecoms giant BT was a corporate sponsor of the Inspiring Digital Enterprise Award (iDEA), which develops workplace skills. Prince Andrew is the patron and the award's website links to the duke's own site.BT told Sky News it was "reviewing" its relationship and may continue its work "in the event of a change in their patronage".

The duke’s interview on Saturday has been widely criticised, with commentators questioning his responses and condemning his unsympathetic tone and seeming lack of remorse over the friendship with Epstein, who killed himself in jail while facing sex trafficking charges.

The Evening Standard published on its front page the claim made by its columnist Rohan Silva that, while a Downing Street aide specialising in the tech economy, the duke made a racist remark.

He told the newspaper that, when he asked Andrew if the government department responsible for trade “could be doing a better job”, the duke replied: “Well, if you’ll pardon the expression, that really is the n***** in the woodpile.”

Sources have categorically denied that Andrew used the word.

During the interview, the duke, questioned by Newsnight presenter Emily Maitlis, twice stated that his relationship with Epstein had some “seriously beneficial outcomes”, giving him the opportunity to meet people and prepare for a future role as a trade envoy.

Andrew denied that he slept with Virginia Giuffre, one of Epstein’s victims, on three separate occasions, twice while she was under age, saying one encounter in 2001 did not happen as he spent the day with his daughter, Princess Beatrice, taking her to Pizza Express in Woking for a party.

The same alleged sexual liaison, which the American said began with the duke sweating heavily as they danced at London nightclub Tramp, was factually wrong as Andrew said he had a medical condition at the time which meant he did not sweat.

UK police say they will not launch criminal probe into Epstein allegation .
UK police say they will not launch criminal probe into Epstein allegationEpstein's suicide on Aug. 10, at age 66, came a little over a month after the well-connected money manager was arrested and charged with trafficking dozens of underage girls as young as 14 from at least 2002 to 2005. He had pleaded not guilty.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 3
This is interesting!