Jussie Smollett is suing city of Chicago over claims he staged homophobic and racist attack on himself
Jussie Smollett is suing city of Chicago over claims he staged homophobic and racist attack on himselfFormer Empire actor Jussie Smollett has launched legal action against the city of Chicago, seeking damages for “mental anguish” caused by claims he faked a homophobic attack.
Alex Salmond case . Image copyright PA. Image caption Mr Salmond has been charged with a total of 14 offences. The arrest and subsequent court appearance by former first minister Alex Salmond on charges including attempted rape and sexual assault have sent shockwaves through Scottish - and
Scotland’s former first minister faces 14 charges that also include indecent assault.
Alex Salmond appeared in court today to face 14 sexual and indecent assault charges dating from his time as First Minister of Scotland.
The former SNP leader denies all allegations, which are said to have taken place between 2008 and 2014.
They include a charge of attempted rape, 11 of sexual assault - including one with intent to rape - and two of indecent assault.
The charges span a period between 2008 and 2014, with one sexual assault said to have taken place in the month of the historic referendum.
- Salmond attempted to rape a woman at Bute House in Edinburgh in 2014, the indictment alleges It is said he placed her legs over his, repeatedly kissed her face and
Victoria Square rape trial halted after 'more potential' CCTV emerges
Judge Rafferty said he was “very reluctantly” discharging the jury . The trial is due to be re-listed again in the New Year. Keep up-to-date with all the very latest news, what's on, sport and everything else in Belfast and beyond with the Belfast Live app. Only select news that interests you by picking the topics you want to display on the app's homepage. Plus, our enhanced user experience includes live blogs, video, interactive maps and slick picture galleries. Download it now and get involved . Click here to get it from the App Store or here for Google Play .
Former Scotland first minister Alex Salmond leaves Edinburgh sheriff court with his legal team on The charges are extremely serious. The case now goes to trial. For now, the rest must be silence. Mr Salmond ’s political influence has nevertheless been in decline since he stepped down as first
Alex Salmond with the press following his court case in Edinburgh, Scotland. The court also ordered the government to pay Salmond ’s legal fees. The investigation against Scotland’s political heavyweight was initiated last year, following allegations of sexual misconduct brought up by two of
neck, groped her, then blocked her path.
- Salmond is then said to have pinned her against a wall, pulled at her clothes and stripped himself naked before trying to rape her on a bed.
- The former MP is also accused of sexually assaulting a woman with intent to rape in 2013.
- He is alleged to have forced a woman to lie on his bed at the first minister's official residence then pulled up her dress with intent to rape her. Both incidents were said to have taken place between the date of the Edinburgh Agreement in 2012 and the day of the independence vote in September 2014.
- Meanwhile, the first of the charges involved incidents where Salmond allegedly indecently assaulted a woman by kissing her mouth and groping her on various occasions around Glasgow in 2008
Air rage case woman sobs at court over claims she tried to open Jet2 door mid-flight
Chloe Haines allegedly assaulted a member of cabin crew trying to restrain her during the Jet2 flight to Turkey.Chloe Haines, allegedly assaulted a member of cabin crew trying to restrain her during the Jet2 flight that left Stansted Airport on June 22.
The former First Minister of Scotland, Alex Salmond , has been arrested and charged and will appear in court later on Thursday, Scotland's Crown Office It's understood that Salmond went to police of his own volition to attend questioning on the sexual harassment allegations before being arrested, but
Former Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond arrives at court to face 14 charges including sexual Alex Salmond is charged with 14 offence including two of attempted rape He has denied the allegations and said: 'I'll defend myself to the utmost in court ' A preliminary hearing in the case is due to take place at the High Court in Edinburgh this morning.
- It is also alleged he sexually assaulted a woman on various occasions between 2011 and 2013 at the Scottish Parliament, Bute House and elsewhere by touching her bottom and stroking other parts of her body.
- Salmond - who was Scotland's first minister from 2007 to 2014 - is also accused of taking off a woman's shoe and trying to kiss her foot in 2013.
- The indictment states that in 2014, Salmond grabbed a woman by her shoulders at Bute House, repeatedly kissed her face, tried to kiss her lips and touched her leg and face.
- Several charges involved the accused allegedly groping women, including one incident at the Ubiquitous Chip restaurant in Glasgow in 2012.
READ MORE -
UK man pleads guilty to immigration, property offences in truck deaths case .
UK man pleads guilty to immigration, property offences in truck deaths caseAppearing by video link from Belmarsh Prison in east London, Maurice Robinson, 25, was not asked to enter a plea to 41 other charges, including 39 counts of manslaughter.