•   
  •   

UK News Tate Modern: Teen who threw boy, 6, from viewing platform pleads guilty to attempted murder

20:10  06 december  2019
20:10  06 december  2019 Source:   scotsman.com

Manchester United defender Luke Shaw confirms the birth of son Reign London with girlfriend Anouska Santos... as she reveals the baby was born a week ago

  Manchester United defender Luke Shaw confirms the birth of son Reign London with girlfriend Anouska Santos... as she reveals the baby was born a week ago Taking to Instagram on Thursday evening, Santos shared an image of the footballer cradling the child, a baby boy, shortly after introducing him to their family home. Your browser does not support this video require(["binding"], function (binding) { binding("wcVideoPlayer", "#video_player_bb99c017-40a3-4f7a-ab1b-d81e2e87ca6f").all(); }); Captioning the image, she admitted they welcomed their son, Reign London Shaw, several days ago. She wrote: 'REIGN LONDON... Happy 1 week little king... I can’t believe we get to keep you forever.' View this post on Instagram REIGN LONDON...

A teenager who threw a six-year-old boy from a viewing platform at the Tate Modern art gallery has pleaded guilty to attempted murder.

a man looking at the camera © Provided by The Scotsman

Jonty Bravery, 18, entered his plea during a 12-minute hearing at the Old Bailey in London yesterday.

He was remanded in custody by the judge, Mr Justice Edis, ahead of his sentencing in February next year.

READ MORE: Teenager arrested after child "falls from height" at the Tate Modern in London

The victim, who cannot be named because of his age, continues to recover slowly in his native France after spending months in intensive care.

Writing on a GoFundMe page last month, which has raised around £130,000 for his medical treatment, the boy’s family said he was “now able to venture outside” and had regained some movement in his legs.

Michael Sheen: Being a new parent is really exciting

  Michael Sheen: Being a new parent is really exciting Hollywood star Michael Sheen has claimed that being a new parent is "really exciting".The Hollywood star - who also has a 20-year-old daughter called Lily Mo Sheen with Kate Beckinsale - told the Times newspaper: "For all the ups and downs of parenthood, all it takes is for my daughter Lyra to look at me and smile, and all is well with the world. It's been a while since I've been a new parent - my other daughter, Lily, is 20 - but it's really exciting.

Bravery, from west London, was arrested moments after the incident on the tenth-storey balcony of the tourist attraction on 4 August. The teenager, who has autistic spectrum disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder and was likely to have a personality disorder, has been held at Broadmoor Hospital since mid-October.

a bridge over a body of water with a city in the background © Provided by The Scotsman

The court previously heard how Bravery was seen wandering about the viewing platform before picking up his victim and throwing him over the edge. He then approached a member of staff, explaining: “I think I’ve murdered someone, I’ve just thrown someone off the balcony.”

Bravery said he heard voices tell him he had to hurt or kill people, the court was told.

He later told police he had to prove a point “to every idiot” who said he had no mental health problems, asking police if the incident was going to be on the news.

Johnny Galecki Welcomes Baby Boy: See the Sweet Pic!

  Johnny Galecki Welcomes Baby Boy: See the Sweet Pic! The 'Big Bang Theory' star shared the sweet first photo on Instagram on Wednesday.The Big Bang Theory star has welcomed his first child with girlfriend Alaina Meyer, he revealed on Instagram on Wednesday. Meyer gave birth to a boy seven months after announcing her pregnancy.

Bravery said: “I wanted to be on the news, who I am and why I did it, so when it is official no-one can say anything else.”

In a series of social media posts, which have since been deleted, Piers Bravery – father of the defendant – attempted to raise awareness of autism and its treatment.

In one tweet to health secretary Matt Hancock, posted less than three months before the incident, Mr Bravery said: “Yes, @MattHancock, you do have a duty. You are a public servant so do your job and stop more children dying and being abused in these repugnant institutions.”

The court previously heard how Bravery’s mental health deteriorated in custody and he spent some time in segregation.

The public was initially banned from knowing Bravery’s identity due to a reporting restriction protecting the then-17-year-old from being named.

CPS prosecutor Emma Jones said it was “extraordinary” Bravery’s victim survived the fall. She said: “This was a terrifying experience for the boy’s parents.”

GP found guilty of 25 sex offences against six patients .
A GP who used celebrity cancer stories to get patients to have unnecessary checks has been found guilty of 25 sex offences against six patients. Manish Shah, 50, from Romford, preyed on cancer concerns to persuade victims as young as 11 to go through unnecessary intimate examinations for his own sexual gratification, the court heard.He was accused of assaulting six patients of the Mawney Medical Centre over five years, from May 2009 to June 2013.The 50-year-old denied wrongdoing and said he was practising "defensive medicine".He was found guilty of 25 sexual offences on six patients after a trial.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 3
This is interesting!