Husky starts kitchen fire after owners leave him home alone
A kitchen fire in Essex was started by a dog who switched on a microwave with some buns inside when he was left home alone. The husky is thought to have turned on the microwave "inadvertently", according to Essex Fire Service.A packet of bread rolls were inside the microwave at the time and began to burn, causing a small fire.The dog, who has not been named, was alone in the kitchen at the time - his owner was not at home.But he noticed smoke in the kitchen using a camera connected to his phone.
A man has died after a crash involving a fire service appliance attending an emergency call and a car.
The collision occurred inon Saturday, but the man died on Wednesday from injuries he sustained.
The fire service appliance and BMW were involved in the crash on the Springhill Road.
The victim was 59-year-old Gary Bennett from Bangor.
Senior Investigating Officer, Inspector Hanna said: “The collision occurred at around 7pm at the junction with West Circular Road.
"The driver of the car, 59 year old Gary Bennett from the Bangor area, was taken to hospital following the collision but sadly passed away from his injuries on Wednesday 11th December.
New Lodge fire tackled by emergency services
Emergency services were called on Sunday morningThe fire occurred at a block of high rise flats in the New Lodge in North Belfast.
“We are investigating the circumstances surrounding the collision and would ask any witnesses, or anyone who may have dash-cam footage which could assist us with our enquiries, to contact police at Newtownards on 101."
Keep up-to-date with all the very latest news, what's on, sport and everything else in Belfast and beyond with the Belfast Live app.
Only select news that interests you by picking the topics you want to display on the app's homepage. Plus, our enhanced user experience includes live blogs, video, interactive maps and slick picture galleries. Download it now and get involved.
Clickto get it from the App Store or .
Dublin Fire Brigade members fear lives will be put at risk over Christmas due to ambulance delays .
An urgent request has been made by members calling on the Government and Dublin City Council to provide extra resources .SIPTU Sector Organiser, Brendan O’Brien, said: “Our members in DFB, who are all qualified Firefighter/Paramedics, believe lives will been put at risk due to ambulance delays over the festive season. "They have warned that the service has already reached breaking point due to under resourcing and the ongoing impasse between the HSE and Dublin City Council around the funding for the service.