Man accused of plotting to attack Scottish Islamic centre to face trial
A man accused of preparing to commit acts of terrorism and suggesting online that he planned to attack the Fife Islamic Centre will stand trial next year. © Provided by The Scotsman Sam Imrie, 22, allegedly acquired knives, nunchucks, a hammer, a baseball bat, a rifle scope and petrol, which he referred to as his "arsenal", between June 20 and July 4 this year.He is accused of posting statements on the internet platform Telegram indicating he planned to stream live footage of an incident and posted statements suggesting he was going to carry out an attack on the Fife Islamic Centre in Glenrothes.
The attack on the two - week - old baby is alleged to have happened in County Down last year. A 26-year- old man has pleaded not guilty to the serious sexual assault of a two - week - old baby in Annalong in County Down. It is thought the trial will take place over at least two weeks in May next year.
His alleged victims testified in the first two weeks of the preliminary hearing via a video link from a remote location to a room closed to the media and But prosecutor Mark Gibson told the magistrate there was no evidence to back Richter's theory that Pell had been targeted over the church's failings.
A 26-year old man is to stand trial next year on a charge of sexually assaulting a two-week old baby.
The accused - who cannot be named due to a reporting restriction put in place to protect the identity of the child - appeared at Belfast Crown Court today (Friday).
He spoke once to confirm his name, and again to enter a ‘not guilty’ plea to the sexual assault of a child on a date between September 27 and 30 last year.
In addition, he was charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent to the same child between the same dates, and of assaulting a woman between August 1 and September 2, 2018.
Garda 'came forward' to strike RTÉ cameraman, reporter O'Sullivan tells assault trial
An RTÉ reporter has told a trial a garda "advanced out of line" and struck a cameraman during street protests. Garda Sean Lucey (42) was detailed to a public order unit to deal with confrontations between anti-racism protesters and supporters of a "far-right group".
A Pennsylvania judge on Tuesday ordered comedian Bill Cosby to stand trial for the alleged sexual assault of a woman in 2004. | Portions of Constand’s decade- old statements to police were reportedly read in court as the 78-year- old comedian, who has faced health problems recently
A 25-year- old man appeared in Armagh Magistrates' Court over the alleged sex attackCredit: Alamy. The suspect was arrested after an investigation by the Police Service of Northern Ireland's Serious Crime Branch. A PSNI spokesperson said: "Detectives from PSNI Serious Crime Branch investigating
When these two charges were put to the accused, he replied ‘not guilty’ to both offences. The alleged offences are said to have occurred in Annalong.
After his client denied all three charges, defence barrister John Kearney QC revealed he would be applying for the trial to be held outside thearea, and suggested Belfast as a possible venue.
This, he said, was due to “a considerable degree of reaction in the local area where the offences are alleged to have occurred”.
When Mr Justice Colton asked what the Crown’s view to this application would be, prosecuting barrister Rosemary Walsh said “It is accepted there has been a strong local reaction”.
She added: “However, once the application is lodged with the court, we will consider that. There are family members we need to take into consideration. It’s something that we will consider very carefully.”
Mike Lynch $5bn fraud trial enters final stages
British businessman Mike Lynch will face renewed scrutiny tomorrow as Hewlett-Packard kicks off its closing submissions in a $5.1bn fraud  The post Mike Lynch $5bn fraud trial enters final stages appeared first on CityAM.
USA Gymnastics, to stand trial on charges of sexually assaulting six young gymnasts who said he molested them Michigan, after hearing testimony from the gymnasts over two days and watching a police criminal cases, including one in federal court alleging he possessed child sex abuse images.
A 55-year- old man is to stand trial after a ten-month old baby boy needed hospital treatment after a The assault charge can carry a maximum sentence of five years, but the court heard the Director of Sergeant Carney alleged the accused travelled to the injured party's home and performed the
Mr Kearney also revealed the defence is in the process of instructing medical experts which he said would “probably be English-based”.
Mr Justice Colton was then told the trial is expected to last between two and three weeks, and a provisional date for the hearing was set as May 11, 2020.
After saying the case will be reviewed at the end of January, the Judge said: “The defendant can be returned to custody.”
Keep up-to-date with all the very latest news, what's on, sport and everything else in Belfast and beyond with the Belfast Live app.
Only select news that interests you by picking the topics you want to display on the app's homepage. Plus, our enhanced user experience includes live blogs, video, interactive maps and slick picture galleries. Download it now and get involved.
Clickto get it from the App Store or .
Scots wrestler 'used metal bin lid to shield himself from machete attack' .
Achille Mkoh told a court how he used the makeshift shield to deflect repeated blows from Marc Smith outside his Glasgow home.Achille Mkoh claimed he used a bin lid to shield himself from repeated blows by Marc Smith, 30, in May this year.