•   
  •   

UK News Sadiq Khan commemorates anniversary of Westminster terror attack

05:00  23 march  2020
05:00  23 march  2020 Source:   msn.com

Australia quicks shackle New Zealand at deserted SCG

  Australia quicks shackle New Zealand at deserted SCG Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood and Mitchell Marsh all starred with the ball as Australia overpowered New Zealand in the first ODI.In a match that took place in the surreal environs of a deserted Sydney Cricket Ground – fans were not allowed to attend due to coronavirus measures – Australia captain Aaron Finch and fellow opener David Warner laid a solid foundation with scores of 60 and 67 respectively, combining for an opening stand of 124 in 24 overs.

Terror attack which occurred on 22 March 2017 in Westminster , London, England, UK. On 22 March 2017, a terrorist attack took place outside the Palace of Westminster in London, seat of the It was led by the Mayor of London Sadiq Khan , the Home Secretary Amber Rudd and the Acting

Sadiq Khan has said London will “never be cowed by terror ” as the capital mourns the death of three victims in the Westminster attack . The mayor also urged the UK not to allow the attack to be used as a means of inciting hatred. “ Terrorists want to attack London is because they hate the fact that we

a man and a woman walking down a street © Provided by City AM

Sadiq Khan has paid tribute to the victims of the 2017 Westminster terror attack on the day’s third anniversary.

Four people were killed and 50 injured on 22 March 2017 when Khalid Masood drove a truck into pedestrians on Wesminster Bridge. 

He went on to crash the vehicle into a fence outside parliament and stabbed an unarmed police officer to death.

Masood was shot dead at the scene by police.

Khan said today that “as a city we will never forget what happened that day three years ago”.

“It was not only an attack on London, but an attack on the freedom and values our country holds dear,” he said.

"Robyn Williams' Dismissal From The Met Will Damage Black Community’s Trust In Police," Says Former Superintendent

  A highly decorated police officer convicted of possessing a child abuse video on her phone has been sacked without notice by the Metropolitan Police, sparking criticism from campaigners. Superintendent Novlett Robyn Williams, 54, was dismissed with immediate effect after a special disciplinary hearing on Friday found her conviction amounted to “gross misconduct”. Williams, who was commended for her work after the Grenfell Tower disaster, was sentenced to 200 hours community service for possessing an indecent image at the Old Bailey in November.Leroy Logan, a former superintendent in the Metropolitan police, slammed the force’s decision.

London attack : police investigate terrorist Khalid Masood as death toll rises – live. Read more. The attack was stopped when armed officers assigned to protect the defence secretary, Michael Fallon, shot Masood, who is believed to have been intent on entering parliament.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan has found himself embroiled in a row with Donald Trump’s son, who used the attack on parliament to condemn comments made by the mayor last year that MP for Ilford North, Wes Streeting, hit out at Trump Jr for exploiting the London terrorist attack to criticize the mayor.

“Today, Londoners across our city stand together, bound by those shared values and freedoms which unite us against terrorism in all its forms.

“On the third anniversary of the attack, we will be taking the time today to stop, reflect and remember the innocent victims Aysha, Kurt, Leslie, Andreea, the courageous police officer Keith Palmer as well as the many others who were seriously injured.”

The mayor also said the recent Streatham and London Bridge terrorist attacks “remind us that challenges lie ahead”.

“But we know those who seek to divide us and destroy our way of life in London will never succeed,” he said.

“We continue to stand united against terrorism and in hope for the future.”

Boris Johnson under pressure to curb construction work amid coronavirus crisis .
It comes after the Government launched a recruitment drive for 250,000 volunteers in good health to help vulnerable people.Political pressure for more stringent rules comes as Parliament looks likely to adjourn for an early Easter break after emergency legislation to tackle Covid-19 is approved.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 0
This is interesting!